90 Bank Check date is on weekend - when to go?

Hi, my 90 day extension of stay based on retirement bank check for 800k THB falls on a weekend day .. sunday dec 1st.

Could I go the Friday before? or the Monday after? I'm about to go down to Chonburi to ask myself unless somebody can give me a definte answer FROM EXPERIENCE ..

Anybody have a similar experience... Immigration constantly amuses me. They give me an official letter of instruction with a date to return but it falls on a day when they are closed... Sunday. And no instructions if that is the case.. TIT.. Anyways the resident experts please chime in..

• Like 1

YES, not only told but I was given an official appointment sheet/document with the date stamped on it that must be submitted along with my updated bank book copy and usual copies. However the date falls on a Sunday! ... clown show..

Edited by likerdup1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you been told you need to do it by your local immigration office?

If needed you could go on Friday or Monday.

forgive me, but are you sure of this.. I don't want any snafu regarding my visa.. Do you have direct experience or have seen other posts with the exact same problem at Chonburi/Jomtien immigration where going the day before or day after the weekend was acceptable?

Just now, likerdup1 said:

forgive me, but are you sure of this.. I don't want any snafu regarding my visa.. Do you have direct experience or have seen other posts with the exact same problem at Chonburi/Jomtien immigration where going the day before or day after the weekend was acceptable?

why not phone them and get info from "the horses MOUTH "????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, essox essox said:

why not phone them and get info from "the horses MOUTH "????

Yea, I'm just going to go there and ask in person to make sure now that you mention it. Sometimes advice on this forum is hearsay, inaccurate, out of date or just plain wrong. I need to take a trip this weekend and would like to go on Friday and stay through Monday.

Edited by likerdup1

13 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

The are not pickey about the date you go. A long as you do it is all that matters.

They have told people that had plans to leave the country and they said they could do it when they got back.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The are not pickey about the date you go. A long as you do it is all that matters.

They have told people that had plans to leave the country and they said they could do it when they got back.

I was just there and asked directly to the people at desk 8 in charge of extensions. They are picky. You CANNOT GO EARLY. Anytime after, even several weeks is OK. I asked could I go a week after the appointment date and they said yes. Anytime after NOT BEFORE. This makes sense as per the police order. Money must be shown to be in the bank at least 90 days after submission of the extension of stay application and grant of extension. This is for Chonburi/Jomtien office only.

If one is out of the country for several months after the date it is also OK to go after the appointment date as long as the balance has remained at 800k or over during the time one has been out of country.

They at that point would want to see your Thailand exit and entry stamps in your passport and then the usual copies and copy of updated bank book.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, essox essox said:

you can go many days before your due date....and I think 5 days after it .....

INCORRECT AS STATED ABOVE. Be careful about the answers you give. More trusting individuals lives in Thailand hang in the balance.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

Yea, I'm just going to go there and ask in person to make sure now that you mention it. Sometimes advice on this forum is hearsay, inaccurate, out of date or just plain wrong. I need to take a trip this weekend and would like to go on Friday and stay through Monday.

If you have such views of advice given in this forum, why still come here to ask?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

If you have such views of advice given in this forum, why still come here to ask?

Exactly. I don't need help here, I usually give it. But a lot of advice, and information, if you want to call it that is, in many cases, incorrect, conjecture. Off the cuff comment. So, going to straight to the Immigration office and asking the very people I will be dealing with, in this case, guarantees my success in business with them.

I was hoping to not make a trip to Immigration today but in this case, nobody, not even Ubon Joe knew for sure the correct answer. So, straight from the horses mouth as it were and now I know I can go even several weeks after the appointment date AS LONG AS THE BALANCE HAS BEEN 800K during all that time. GOING BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT DATE IS NOT ALLOWED

Out of my experience here, there are many answers to repeated questions that should be pinned at the top of forums. Good solid advice and answers about many repeated questions could be pinned but the admins and "senior" members won't do it. Advertising revenue I suppose. The more traffic the more revenue. And some men basically live there lives on this forum becoming forum "Big Shots" and know it alls. I choose not to.

Lastly, you will notice I gave a every detailed blow by blow HOW TO post on getting your own retirement visa at Chonburi immigration.. That was last year.. it's since been buried. But in it is EXACTLY what someone needed to do if they want to do a DIY retirement visa during the time income affidavits were still accepted. This is the kind of thing that should be pinned at the top of forums. But it is not and the forum continues to get inundated with the same questions over and over and the same members post the same answers... pointless.

Edited by likerdup1

41 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Exactly. I don't need help here, I usually give it. But a lot of advice, and information, if you want to call it that is, in many cases, incorrect, conjecture. Off the cuff comment. So, going to straight to the Immigration office and asking the very people I will be dealing with, in this case, guarantees my success in business with them.

I was hoping to not make a trip to Immigration today but in this case, nobody, not even Ubon Joe knew for sure the correct answer. So, straight from the horses mouth as it were and now I know I can go even several weeks after the appointment date AS LONG AS THE BALANCE HAS BEEN 800K during all that time. GOING BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT DATE IS NOT ALLOWED

Out of my experience here, there are many answers to repeated questions that should be pinned at the top of forums. Good solid advice and answers about many repeated questions could be pinned but the admins and "senior" members won't do it. Advertising revenue I suppose. The more traffic the more revenue. And some men basically live there lives on this forum becoming forum "Big Shots" and know it alls. I choose not to.

Lastly, you will notice I gave a every detailed blow by blow HOW TO post on getting your own retirement visa at Chonburi immigration.. That was last year.. it's since been buried. But in it is EXACTLY what someone needed to do if they want to do a DIY retirement visa during the time income affidavits were still accepted. This is the kind of thing that should be pinned at the top of forums. But it is not and the forum continues to get inundated with the same questions over and over and the same members post the same answers... pointless.

What is the point of pinning something that changes by the day.  You talk to different immigration officers in the same Immigration Office(IO) and you can get different answers.  And it is common knowledge here that different IOs interpret the same orders differently. As for going early for your 3 months 800k THB bank balance reporting, it is logical and beyond any reasonable doubts that you cannot go early.  Even this 90-day reporting of the 800k THB in the bank after approval is not required by all IOs.

21 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

What is the point of pinning something that changes by the day.  You talk to different immigration officers in the same Immigration Office(IO) and you can get different answers.  And it is common knowledge here that different IOs interpret the same orders differently. As for going early for your 3 months 800k THB bank balance reporting, it is logical and beyond any reasonable doubts that you cannot go early.  Even this 90-day reporting of the 800k THB in the bank after approval is not required by all IOs.

Not everything changes from day to day. There are some very basic things that could be pinned that rarely change. Come on... If something does change, change the pinned document. Your kidding right? Anyways, I as I found before, this forum can be a kind of rabbit hole and time suck. Thanks for some of the help I've got. Bye for now.

Edited by likerdup1

27 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Others have been told to turn up the first available day after the appointment. Don't worry.

Correct answer. However if I had balls I would love to ignore rogue imm offices asking for this. Would turn up for extension in 12 months and my bank book and bank statement would verify I obeyed. 

Fortunately I deal with CW, as a result can get away with tiny balls. 

Why can't Thai imm offices show one thread of consistency. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct answer. However if I had balls I would love to ignore rogue imm offices asking for this. Would turn up for extension in 12 months and my bank book and bank statement would verify I obeyed. 

Phuket Immigration Office does not ask to come back after 90 days to show the bank balance.  I reckon they will be waiting for us to trip up when we return for the next extension.

I will be leaving two months after my extension so they will not be checking the balance after three months. Would Immigration be upset if they discovered after three months that you took all the money out the day after extending?  Another police order requiring daily reporting of bank balance or demand that you employ an agent forthwith. 

17 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

I would go on Monday since your 90 is not up on Friday.  But Monday you are at least over 90 days.  My opinion.

I would go on the Thursday due to Friday crowds, if it doesn't work out (I doubt that will be the case) then go again the following week.

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

We have yet to reach the one year anniversary of the 800k for 3 months and 400k from then on requirement. After that time, I will be interested to hear if any Imm. Offices do any checks that people complied, as they make a subsequent application. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

We have yet to reach the one year anniversary of the 800k for 3 months and 400k from then on requirement. After that time, I will be interested to hear if any Imm. Offices do any checks that people complied, as they make a subsequent application. 

My experience of being given a new deposit book two months before my extension with the same name and number as the previous book of which they had at last three photocopies from previous extensions was that I had to return next day with the old book. Immigration goes to extreme lengths to satisfy their superiors even when they can see how unnecessary it is.  It could well be that as I implied in my last post, there is a perception that we can afford more for the privilege of staying here and if a technicality will force us to pay more then they must find it. 

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

My experience of being given a new deposit book two months before my extension

My current passbook goes back to July, but I will still take the old one too in a few days, you just never know what they may ask for... and at 15+Km each way, back and forth in Pattaya traffic to collect something I don't have, well it makes an Elite look attractive!

• Haha 1