90 Bank Check date is on weekend - when to go?

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

I do my 90 day report by mail

The use of the term 90 day report seems to confuse many.  The OP is talking about a requirement (only in Pattaya as far as I know) that he return 90 days after getting his annual extension and show his bank book as proof that the 800k he used to satisfy the financial requirement has remained in the account for at least 90 days since the extension (it must not go below 400k after that be back up to 800k at least 2 months before his next application.  It can only be done in person.

This should not be confused with the 90 day "address reporting" which is required for all foreigners remaining in Thailand for 90 consecutive days since their previous report or latest entry whichever is later.  This can be done by mail or, if it is working, online, or in person, or having someone take your passport in and do it for you.

At the Pattaya City Expats Club meetings since the 90-day "bank book" reporting was instituted by Pattaya Immigration, there have been several persons report that Pattaya Immigration WILL NOT accept early "bank book" reporting (as another poster mentioned, if you go before the reporting date, then it does not prove that the 800k remained on deposit for the full 90 days from your extension date). Those that did go in, even one day early, were told to come back on the due date or shortly thereafter - for those that would not be in Thailand on the due date, they were told to come in and show their bank book as soon as they returned.

I am not aware of any reports of what happens if folks do the report and the amount fell below the 800k threshold during the 90 days following their extension, but IMO, it is most likely, Pattaya Immigration would cancel the extension and give you 7 days to get affairs in order and leave Thailand.   Other Immigration Offices do not ask to see any interim report, but when you do your next extension, if your bank records show the amount fell below the 800k during the 90 days from last extension or below 400k after that, those Immigration Offices most likely will simply deny another extension.

On 11/26/2019 at 7:26 PM, tgeezer said:

I will be leaving two months after my extension so they will not be checking the balance after three months. Would Immigration be upset if they discovered after three months that you took all the money out the day after extending?  Another police order requiring daily reporting of bank balance or demand that you employ an agent forthwith. 

They wouldn't be upset. They would simply see you have not followed the rule which is leaving the entire 800k THB in the bank for at least 90 days AFTER your received the extension of stay stamp. I suspect since you had not followed the rules your extension would be invalidated and your extension would be void. Not sure what they do from there.. possibly a fine or being asked to leave the country within a certain time period.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

As long as you go after the date. I went 2 weeks after with no problems. They just took the info and added it to a pile without even looking at it.

Yes, that's what I was told at Chonburin/Jomtien office. Not a big deal how long after the 90 day period.. BUT NOT BEFORE 90 days as stated in an earlier post.

On 11/26/2019 at 5:04 PM, DrJack54 said:

Correct answer. However if I had balls I would love to ignore rogue imm offices asking for this. Would turn up for extension in 12 months and my bank book and bank statement would verify I obeyed. 

Fortunately I deal with CW, as a result can get away with tiny balls. 

Why can't Thai imm offices show one thread of consistency. 

As long as you kept the entire 800k in the bank 90 days after your extension of stay was granted and did not let the balance dip below 400k after, then made sure 800k was in the bank 2 months before you applied for the next extension it would be OK according to Chonburi / Jomtien IMM yesterday.

I won't take the chance of doing that and having them change something during the years time. I'll go a couple of days after my appointment date and show them my bank book copy proving I had 800k in the bank the last 90 days.

2 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

They are ok if you go next working day if it’s just to check the Thb 800 k balance. Mine fell on a Saturday and they were fine with pitching up on a Monday. Jomtien seem to be pretty pragmatic about things like this now.

There is no set date on returning the updated bank info, as long as it's after the date stamped on the paper they give you.

On 11/26/2019 at 10:49 AM, likerdup1 said:

YES, not only told but I was given an official appointment sheet/document with the date stamped on it that must be submitted along with my updated bank book copy and usual copies. However the date falls on a Sunday! ... clown show..

The date you were given is exactly 90 days after the application. Do you really think they would use a calendar before stamping? Just go there next day,this isn't the most important visit to immigration you'll have to do. And if you have 800k in the bank after 91 days,that's even better. 

6 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The date you were given is exactly 90 days after the application. Do you really think they would use a calendar before stamping? Just go there next day,this isn't the most important visit to immigration you'll have to do. And if you have 800k in the bank after 91 days,that's even better. 

If you read the thread, you will see I've gone to immigration and asked them myself. Have you direct experience with doing a 90 day bank check for extension of stay for purpose of retirement? I doubt it, you are just on here voicing your "opinion" ... you happen to be correct but opinions as answers that turn out to be wrong put peoples lives in Thailand at risk... tread carefully ... and yes, if they really had it together they would use a calendar and an automated system to cut down on the stacks of paperwork they have... they are still in 1990 with this stuff.... that's why this forum is basically useless.. too much conjecture and know it alls giving bad information

Edited by likerdup1

2 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

They wouldn't be upset. They would simply see you have not followed the rule which is leaving the entire 800k THB in the bank for at least 90 days AFTER your received the extension of stay stamp. I suspect since you had not followed the rules your extension would be invalidated and your extension would be void. Not sure what they do from there.. possibly a fine or being asked to leave the country within a certain time period.

You missed the cynicism in my post. Would they make another daft rule?  Would they recommend an agent in which case all would be forgotten? 

3 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

If you read the thread, you will see I've gone to immigration and asked them myself. Have you direct experience with doing a 90 day bank check for extension of stay for purpose of retirement? I doubt it, you are just on here voicing your "opinion" ... you happen to be correct but opinions as answers that turn out to be wrong put peoples lives in Thailand at risk... tread carefully ... and yes, if they really had it together they would use a calendar and an automated system to cut down on the stacks of paperwork they have... they are still in 1990 with this stuff.... that's why this forum is basically useless.. too much conjecture and know it alls giving bad information

Feel free to leave the forum any time you want. We won't miss you!

On 11/26/2019 at 3:30 PM, likerdup1 said:

Exactly. I don't need help here, I usually give it. But a lot of advice, and information, if you want to call it that is, in many cases, incorrect, conjecture. Off the cuff comment. So, going to straight to the Immigration office and asking the very people I will be dealing with, in this case, guarantees my success in business with them.

I was hoping to not make a trip to Immigration today but in this case, nobody, not even Ubon Joe knew for sure the correct answer. So, straight from the horses mouth as it were and now I know I can go even several weeks after the appointment date AS LONG AS THE BALANCE HAS BEEN 800K during all that time. GOING BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT DATE IS NOT ALLOWED

Out of my experience here, there are many answers to repeated questions that should be pinned at the top of forums. Good solid advice and answers about many repeated questions could be pinned but the admins and "senior" members won't do it. Advertising revenue I suppose. The more traffic the more revenue. And some men basically live there lives on this forum becoming forum "Big Shots" and know it alls. I choose not to.

Lastly, you will notice I gave a every detailed blow by blow HOW TO post on getting your own retirement visa at Chonburi immigration.. That was last year.. it's since been buried. But in it is EXACTLY what someone needed to do if they want to do a DIY retirement visa during the time income affidavits were still accepted. This is the kind of thing that should be pinned at the top of forums. But it is not and the forum continues to get inundated with the same questions over and over and the same members post the same answers... pointless.

Thoroughly unpleasant tone. 

8 hours ago, soisanuk said:

The use of the term 90 day report seems to confuse many.  The OP is talking about a requirement (only in Pattaya as far as I know) that he return 90 days after getting his annual extension and show his bank book as proof that the 800k he used to satisfy the financial requirement has remained in the account for at least 90 days since the extension (it must not go below 400k after that be back up to 800k at least 2 months before his next application.  It can only be done in person.

This should not be confused with the 90 day "address reporting" which is required for all foreigners remaining in Thailand for 90 consecutive days since their previous report or latest entry whichever is later.  This can be done by mail or, if it is working, online, or in person, or having someone take your passport in and do it for you.

At the Pattaya City Expats Club meetings since the 90-day "bank book" reporting was instituted by Pattaya Immigration, there have been several persons report that Pattaya Immigration WILL NOT accept early "bank book" reporting (as another poster mentioned, if you go before the reporting date, then it does not prove that the 800k remained on deposit for the full 90 days from your extension date). Those that did go in, even one day early, were told to come back on the due date or shortly thereafter - for those that would not be in Thailand on the due date, they were told to come in and show their bank book as soon as they returned.

I am not aware of any reports of what happens if folks do the report and the amount fell below the 800k threshold during the 90 days following their extension, but IMO, it is most likely, Pattaya Immigration would cancel the extension and give you 7 days to get affairs in order and leave Thailand.   Other Immigration Offices do not ask to see any interim report, but when you do your next extension, if your bank records show the amount fell below the 800k during the 90 days from last extension or below 400k after that, those Immigration Offices most likely will simply deny another extension.

They do it in Ratchaburi also, but my 90 check for account balance was 90 days from the date I did the extension of stay not 90 days from the day my extension expired.

1 hour ago, WhatsNext said:

Let me get this straight, you now have to come back twice per 3 months, 1x to show your bankbook and 1x to do the 90 days reporting ? If your 90 days does not coincide with your 90 days for the bank...

For Jomtien the bank book check is a one time requirement. If your 90 day report was due during the 3 months after doing the extension you would have go to immigration twice unless you did your report online or by mail.

On 11/30/2019 at 10:36 AM, ubonjoe said:

For Jomtien the bank book check is a one time requirement.

They seem to be getting a little less serious about that too. No mention of it, no reminder slip, nor anything when I picked up my passport yesterday. I actually asked and was told, yes have to come back and show, and she told me the required date, a Saturday.