Thais are so kind! They even put seats outside their homes for you to rest on, says German

webfact

40 minutes ago, Enoon said:

You think no German watches these shows?

Or perhaps you think they sit there, stony faced and unsmiling, as if in some WW1, anti-German propaganda cartoon illustration?

Like the one that's imprinted on what's left of your memory?

Still, good of you to confirm a stereotypical, English, "trait".

German television comedy - Wikipedia

since 2000: Night Wash: live stand-up comedy show for upcoming new comedians, filmed in a real laundrette, ran on WDR and ARD until 2007; since then on Comedy Central Germany (which started broadcasting in 2007).

2000 – 2006: Alles Atze, comedy sitcom starring Atze Schröder, on RTL

2001 – 2003: Elton.tv, late night television comedy talk show hosted by Elton, on Pro Sieben

2001 – 2005: Was guckst du?!, sketch show starring Kaya Yanar, on Sat.1

since 2002: Die Dreisten Drei, short sketches with Mirja Boes and others, runs on Sat.1

2002 – 2004, again since 2008: Ladykracher, comedy sketch series starring Anke Engelke, on Sat. 1; Anke won a Rose d'Or as best comedy performer in the series

since 2002: Comedystreet, based on Trigger Happy TV and starring Simon Gosejohann, on Pro Sieben

2002 – 2009: Sechserpack, comedy sketch show with six actors including the British-German Emily Wood, on Sat.1

2003 – 2011: Genial daneben – Die Comedy Arena presented by Hugo Egon Balder on Sat. 1 (one of first improvised shows, set off a series of other improvisation-based shows)

2003 – 2006: Rent a Pocher, show starring Oliver Pocher, on Pro Sieben

2004 – 2007; 2009 – 2011: Schillerstraße improvised comedy soap opera; main actress was Cordula Stratmann, later Jürgen Vogel, runs on Sat.1. German concept, taken up by Fox TV and sold in many other countries; won Rose d'Or Press Prize (most innovative programme).

2004 – 2012: Stromberg, mockumentary comedy series partly based on The Office, starring Christoph Maria Herbst on Pro Sieben

2005 – 2008: Frei Schnauze (improvisational comedy show adapted from Whose Line Is It Anyway?), presented by Mike Krüger then Dirk Bach on RTL

since 2005: Pastewka, sitcom starring Bastian Pastewka, partly based on Curb Your Enthusiasm, but scripted, on Sat.1; Pastewka won a Rose d'Or for his performance in the sitcom.

2006 – 2009: Türkisch für Anfänger ('Turkish for Beginners'), comedy-drama series dealing with transcultural issues (see Turks in Germany), on ARD; won the German Television Award (Best Show of 2006) and an Adolf Grimme Award (Best Entertainment Show of 2007) and was nominated for a Rose d'Or twice (2006 & 2007).

2006 – 2009: Die ProSieben Märchenstunde ('ProSieben Fairy Tale Hour') comedy series featuring a chaning cast of German and Austrian comedians and satirising fairy tale classics

since 2007: Switch reloaded, the sequel of Switch with partially same staff, on Pro Sieben.

since 2009: heute-show a late-night satirical television program airing on public broadcasting channel ZDF; a conceptual adaptation of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart; being presented by comedian and journalist Oliver Welke

2010 – 2014: Danni Lowinski a legal dramedy featuring Annette Frier as the eponymous character

since 2010: Der letzte Bulle ('The last cop') a comedy-drama series centered about a cop, portrayed by Henning Baum, from the 1980s put into a modern police department in Essen

since 2011: Der Tatortreiniger ('Crime Scene Cleaner'), chamber-play comedy featuring Bjarne Mädel, with only one or two other actors, who change each episode, on NDR Fernsehen; it is also broadcast in France and the USA

since 2012: Nicht nachmachen! ('Don't Do This!'), a comedy-documentary TV series that airs on ZDF and ZDFneo presented by Wigald Boning and Bernhard Hoëcker defying the warnings and restrictions on various items to see what happens when they do

You see, proves my point,it was a joke...and your getting your knickers in a twist

just laugh it off,no offense was meant.

regards worgeordie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to worry about those plastic chairs outside shops etc but discovered after a few times that even if they did get stuck under the pick up I really didn't have to worry as after a few metres down the road the bits of them came out the back of the pick up and they never caused any damage.

2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

It must be a funny guy like you who took my new flip-flops the other day, and left the old ones ????

Lol, did someone seriously steal your new flip flops? Hahahaha......Luckily you didn't wear Air Jordans and leave 7k baht shoes out the front for someone to steal lol.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

we can't park because someone wants to keep an empty spot on a public road.

You have to bear in mind that, as you stated, it is a public road and those who want to park there, but can't, have no more right to that space than those who obstruct it!

5 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Lol, did someone seriously steal your new flip flops? Hahahaha......Luckily you didn't wear Air Jordans and leave 7k baht shoes out the front for someone to steal lol.

Nah, just very cheap normal flip-flops, yet it was a bit disappointing to find a pair of old ones instead of my new ones.????

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

remember the age when the germans use to get up at the crack of dawn to put towels on the sun loungers by the pool,  and we brits use to ccome along and throw the towels in the pool,,   happy days,, it was a national joke at the time, (do they still do it ?) lol

No they wait a bit longer....then throw the Germans in the pool.   LOL

selfish pricks also like to build up to and beyond the power poles and nothing is ever done. It boggles the mind... I guess if you let the peasants do as you wish so you can continue ripping them and everyone else off blindly you can travel and never have to look at nor deal with it.

Im talkn bout "officials" for the most part.... All our local officials do so! We see the at the airport regularly????. Whilst here they drive beaten up yaris's and such and live in shavks to give the impression they are just an average joe... clearly not though.

sorry, a little off topic..

People who are being upset again, ever lived near a road with neighbors who own 3 cars or so? When you come home, the least you wish is that you can park your car somewhere as close as possible to your house. Sometimes you might live next to a family who owns more than 1 car, or near a place where lots of people wanna go. 

Ok I understand it's illegal but if it's you who live there and there's a choice to let you park there or some random dude, I guess everyone will complain if the random dude is first. People who do something about it actually do something instead of complaining about problems. 

4 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

People who are being upset again, ever lived near a road with neighbors who own 3 cars or so? When you come home, the least you wish is that you can park your car somewhere as close as possible to your house. Sometimes you might live next to a family who owns more than 1 car, or near a place where lots of people wanna go. 

Ok I understand it's illegal but if it's you who live there and there's a choice to let you park there or some random dude, I guess everyone will complain if the random dude is first. People who do something about it actually do something instead of complaining about problems. 

You are right. Pointless to complain, be a man, do something about it. I just throw the chairs to one side and park my car. works for me.

21 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

You are right. Pointless to complain, be a man, do something about it. I just throw the chairs to one side and park my car. works for me.

I bet you have all risk insurance?Things like you do can be very hard on the paint.

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

No they wait a bit longer....then throw the Germans in the pool.   LOL

Wow, what an amazingly funny post! Must be a lot of fun! 

You guys like their cars, their food and more, but slagging them off seems to be a sort of hobby for simple people. Innit?

6 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

Not only do they leave chairs for you to rest on, sometimes they even leave a bottle of fanta or two in front of their homes if you are thirsty as well as a small bowl of rice if you are hungry. ????

Always wondered what that was for ????

Archived