US Multi-city baggage limits

LawrenceN

I hope this is in the right forum. Thailand Travel lists world travel as a topic.

I'm going to the US in February. I have been shopping for a multi-city ticket. My question is: If I'm entering the US from abroad, do my domestic flights qualify for the international baggage limits, all flights being on the same itinerary?

I'm looking at the cost of a multi-city itinerary, compared to landing in one place and using it as my base for domestic flights.

Usually Yes but you had better check with the airline since we don't know your fare class, baggage allowances are usually based upon that, and normally follow through on all flights on your itinerary

Lot's of hidden rules with airlines, for instance most full fare first class tickets allow unlimited stops and layovers during your journey and full baggage limits, but you pay for this but can work out cheaper in the long run.  Unfortunately it is a lot of work to find out this type of information, and it sometimes pays to have a professional travel agent book for you  

• Thanks 1

Southwest Airlines allows 2 checked bags free of charge. They have recently unblocked their website to allow bookings from asia which was always a pain in the past. Promotions are coming and going all the time and with you traveling in Feb there is probably still time to get some rock bottom deals if your all in one ticket doesn't pan out.

• Thanks 1

maybe yes, maybe no, depends on airline and kind of booking. Tickets as such do not exist since 5-6 yrs by now.

PLUS that as a legacy of the past the US in airlines does everything different: they often still do the PIECE conecpt-no limit on the KGs (which they cannot even distinguish anyway due to their archaic old style of weights and measures) but just 1 piece in eco and maybe 2 in bis or 1st.

ON many no-frills domestic flites there, also by the big 5 airlines, you must pay extra for any checked luggage, also from far overseas, and also pay for food on board-its just like AirAsia all the time!