Australian bikie could face death penalty in Thailand after drugs allegedly found 'in fridge and candle'

webfact

8 hours ago, z42 said:

A certain deputy minister was sentenced for his role on the distribution of 4kg or so of Heroin in no less than Australia.

So if he were to receive a death sentence for a fraction of the amount it would seem rather unjust.

Where's the "injustice"?  You're talking about the laws of two different countries, if the sentences were from the same country then perhaps that would be interpreted as injustice!

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

I could never understand why the Thai police allowing a known criminal outfit to operate in Thailand pretty much in the open, the Thai police are not known for softness or being politically correct, so what is stopping them from eliminating such a foreign blight on Thai soil.... 

Because these people are virtually impossible to catch. They have absurd amounts of "liquid" wealth and most of the top people don't even live in Thailand. With cryptocurrency, it's now easier than ever to run an operation like this remotely from Mexico, China, and South America. These people are ghosts. Anyone that gets caught is just a low-level operator that will be replaced tomorrow. The one's that do live in Thailand all live in gated communities with 24/7 armed guard protection. Take a drive through the wealthy parts of Phuket, Krabi, Samui etc... and you will see homes and condos with soldiers weilding AK-47s. Yes. Good luck getting in there. The local authorities wouldn't dare set foot in these compounds. Many are also built with ubderground panic rooms where you could hide out for decades if you wanted to. The Thai police do their best but they simply do not have the resources to go up against the cartels. And, from their vantage point, why bother when a bribe is much more palatable to their life expectancy? Do the math and it's very easy to see why its impossible to stop these people.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

I could never understand why the Thai police allowing a known criminal outfit to operate in Thailand pretty much in the open, the Thai police are not known for softness or being politically correct, so what is stopping them from eliminating such a foreign blight on Thai soil.... 

Brown envelopes?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chricha said:

The death penalty is wrong in all circumstances.
Once someone is executed there is no possibilty of a retrial with new evidence
The countries which still have it say it is a deterrent. 
So why is there still drug trafficing and murder? 

There is a simple solution to the "drug problem" 
Legalise all drugs just like Tobacco and Alcohol and tax at point of sale 
This means instead of funding the terrorists and even whole countries with the astounding profits,
the users pay directly for the health systems which currently support them AT OUR EXPENSE

There are only two groups who profit from the current drug distribution regime but everyone is addicted.
1. Drug producers and distributors making billions of dollars profit illegally. 
Most of these are criminals and they are addicted to the drugs trade as much as the end users. What other commodity has such as markup - cocaine has a street price of $US165 per gram or 165,000 per kilo?
2. Law enforcement agencies who are now mostly dependent on OUR MONEY to fund catching all players in the drug market.  Because the profits are so vast they only catch a small proportion of the trade and there is substantial corruption. The Law is also addicted to the drugs trade as whole agencies spend large budgets occasionally catching the slow learners.

Take the huge profits out of the business and most of the criminal networks will collapse. 
But of course we will have to find work for the millions of drug law enforcement employees!

I won't hold my breath. Too many politicians have made a name for themselves selling Law and Order packages

Why not make all drugs legal and then all the idiots and losers in the world will become addicted and will die of an overdose or kill each other !  Will reduce the world population better than a war or Bubonic Plague !

3 hours ago, robsamui said:

What's a 'bikie'? Some kind of biscuit?? Or did the Thai journalist get muddled with 'biker'?

Tough language, English.

Nothing to do with a muddled Thai journalist or your lame attempt to belittle  Thai journalists.   You need to brush up on your own knowledge of (Aussie) English.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chricha said:

The death penalty is wrong in all circumstances.
Once someone is executed there is no possibilty of a retrial with new evidence
The countries which still have it say it is a deterrent. 
So why is there still drug trafficing and murder? 

There is a simple solution to the "drug problem" 
Legalise all drugs just like Tobacco and Alcohol and tax at point of sale 
This means instead of funding the terrorists and even whole countries with the astounding profits,
the users pay directly for the health systems which currently support them AT OUR EXPENSE

There are only two groups who profit from the current drug distribution regime but everyone is addicted.
1. Drug producers and distributors making billions of dollars profit illegally. 
Most of these are criminals and they are addicted to the drugs trade as much as the end users. What other commodity has such as markup - cocaine has a street price of $US165 per gram or 165,000 per kilo?
2. Law enforcement agencies who are now mostly dependent on OUR MONEY to fund catching all players in the drug market.  Because the profits are so vast they only catch a small proportion of the trade and there is substantial corruption. The Law is also addicted to the drugs trade as whole agencies spend large budgets occasionally catching the slow learners.

Take the huge profits out of the business and most of the criminal networks will collapse. 
But of course we will have to find work for the millions of drug law enforcement employees!

I won't hold my breath. Too many politicians have made a name for themselves selling Law and Order packages

"What other commodity has such as markup - cocaine has a street price of $US165 per gram or 165,000 per kilo?"

Where is that street? Max 50% of what you are claiming.

3 hours ago, robsamui said:

What's a 'bikie'? Some kind of biscuit?? Or did the Thai journalist get muddled with 'biker'?

Tough language, English.

English language masquerading as Australian b**##*<}$!  Another country that ****ed-u& my native language.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

he knew or had a good idea the penalty was very harsh, yet he decided to take a chance.  I've met many farangs in Thailand doing bad drugs and think they are simply too smart for the police.  I don't see them doing the drugs, they brag about it later.  really the dumbest people come here...

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

There's plenty of Youtube videos on the net or sites around that can teach you English. You can also enroll in some language schools that might help.

I am not sure taking English lessons will include slang about motor cycle riders and the differences between a biker and a bikie. Much less about colours and patches and molls 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, orchis said:

this raid didn't concern heroin, it's about methamphetamines (ice), the labs are in myanmar and laos and australia is a huge market.

4 minutes ago, orchis said:

this raid didn't concern heroin, it's about methamphetamines (ice), the labs are in myanmar and laos and australia is a huge market.

Most of the precursors seem to be getting shipped from China

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Too much money involved

5 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Death penalty is unacceptable in my humble opinion

Why? Granted, if it's for a ie weed, or other drugs if the quantity is so small that it's for own supply only, then ok.

But somebody who is selling crystal, crack, high quality heroin, etc is obviously taking into account, that he is slowly but surely killing people, or at the very least ruining their lives and potentially (very likely) damaging them for good. All the while that person is making a lot of money. On the one hand, if someone wants to buy drugs, I say let them (but then no more free healthcare etc. everytime they need something as a result of their consumption), but while it is a crime to sell the punishment should also fit the crime. You knowingly kill people, make people into addicts (who in turn cause a disproportionally larger wave of crimes, in order to finance their addiction), turn young women (some underage) into prostitutes, etc.

Hey, if you're man enough to commit the crime and living large while doing so, you're man enough to die for it. I was ("am", considering that they say once an addict you always will be an addict, but I don't believe in that) an addict and I was also dealing for a time (not big time though), so I know both sides first hand.

If you kill through violence, through pushing large amounts of certain drugs, etc. then why shouldn't you pay for it accordingly, if caught? Why should tax payers be responsible for your ass for decades or the rest of your life, especially if 90% of hte time (if you get out again, that is) you won't be rehabilitated anyway, and thus probably end up hurting yet more people?

As for people talking about MCs etc: why should they kick them out and ban them, unless they did something? Not all of them are drug pushers, not all of them are even criminals. Innocent until proven guilty? And even if they do have convictions back home in Australia, or wherever -> I've been convicted couple times many years ago for a few things, but the last time was 2005 and I've been mostly behaving since then, so now should I be banned from coming to your precious Thailand? I'm not a 1%er club member, but the principle is the same?!

Also while patching over does happen sometimes, what makes you (whoever said the stuff about Outlaws&Bandidos in Pattaya) think these Bandidos (not Banditos) are the same people as the Outlaws that used to be there? Stuff like that usually (but not always) happens when there's an internal rift going on within national/regional charters/chapters, rather than a club being banned from a certain place. It happens, sure, but the more likely (but again, not always) thing would be that they'd patch over to an already existing/newly made Supporter club of their own club.

I'm definitely not an expert on the subject though. Just wondering, what makes you think it's the same people/chapter having patched over from Outlaws to Bandidos.

4 minutes ago, FarangULong said:

Why? Granted, if it's for a ie weed, or other drugs if the quantity is so small that it's for own supply only, then ok.

But somebody who is selling crystal, crack, high quality heroin, etc is obviously taking into account, that he is slowly but surely killing people, or at the very least ruining their lives and potentially (very likely) damaging them for good. All the while that person is making a lot of money. On the one hand, if someone wants to buy drugs, I say let them (but then no more free healthcare etc. everytime they need something as a result of their consumption), but while it is a crime to sell the punishment should also fit the crime. You knowingly kill people, make people into addicts (who in turn cause a disproportionally larger wave of crimes, in order to finance their addiction), turn young women (some underage) into prostitutes, etc.

Hey, if you're man enough to commit the crime and living large while doing so, you're man enough to die for it. I was ("am", considering that they say once an addict you always will be an addict, but I don't believe in that) an addict and I was also dealing for a time (not big time though), so I know both sides first hand.

If you kill through violence, through pushing large amounts of certain drugs, etc. then why shouldn't you pay for it accordingly, if caught? Why should tax payers be responsible for your ass for decades or the rest of your life, especially if 90% of hte time (if you get out again, that is) you won't be rehabilitated anyway, and thus probably end up hurting yet more people?

As for people talking about MCs etc: why should they kick them out and ban them, unless they did something? Not all of them are drug pushers, not all of them are even criminals. Innocent until proven guilty? And even if they do have convictions back home in Australia, or wherever -> I've been convicted couple times many years ago for a few things, but the last time was 2005 and I've been mostly behaving since then, so now should I be banned from coming to your precious Thailand? I'm not a 1%er club member, but the principle is the same?!

Also while patching over does happen sometimes, what makes you (whoever said the stuff about Outlaws&Bandidos in Pattaya) think these Bandidos (not Banditos) are the same people as the Outlaws that used to be there? Stuff like that usually (but not always) happens when there's an internal rift going on within national/regional charters/chapters, rather than a club being banned from a certain place. It happens, sure, but the more likely (but again, not always) thing would be that they'd patch over to an already existing/newly made Supporter club of their own club.

I'm definitely not an expert on the subject though. Just wondering, what makes you think it's the same people/chapter having patched over from Outlaws to Bandidos.

My comment had nothing to do about MC club members, but was about the death penalty only irrespective of crime convicted for

Edited by RJRS1301

10 hours ago, z42 said:

A certain deputy minister was sentenced for his role on the distribution of 4kg or so of Heroin in no less than Australia.

So if he were to receive a death sentence for a fraction of the amount it would seem rather unjust.

Aside though, good to hear that the Ice has been removed from the system as its harm potential is scarily high.

Probably do a swap and Australia can look after the useless <deleted> for life

4 hours ago, chricha said:

Rob, in the West, a biker is someone who rides a motorcycle as a means of transport.
A bikie belongs to a gang who ride motorcycles as a way of life and are often (but not always) involved in criminal activities. Calling someone a bikie is usually not a compliment ????

As in Pikey if you're Irish... generally gets a reaction!

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What's that supposed to mean on this thread?

What it means is the police were acting like a bunch of Keystone Cops (especially the one in the white shirt who had to be helped over the gate) ... if you don't know what/who they are try this ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Cops

Edited by rtco
  • Sad 1