Corrosion on motorhelmet

Thian

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

What has "worlds best helmets" to do with you buying a helmet which doesn't fit your head?

The corrosion should be a warranty case.

My head is 61.5 cm and the helmet should fit untill 63.

The cardo is malfunctioning as well.

Did you read the posts?

5 minutes ago, Thian said:

My head is 61.5 cm and the helmet should fit untill 63.

Different people have different shaped heads. Some more round, some more oval, some longer, some shorter, and so on.

This is similar to shoes, you might have size 45 and the shoe says size 45, but it might just not fit because your feet are too wide.

There are some brands of helmets which just don't fit my head, doesn't matter which size i try.

This is really nothing you can blame the brand for. This helmet would fit perfectly on other people with a 61.5cm head.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2019 at 2:44 PM, canthai55 said:

HJC brought from Canada almost 17 years ago - No rust or corrosion

HJC brought from Canada 7 or 8 years ago - same

LS2 brought from Canada 2 years ago - same

I would bet $$$ that that fancy smancy Schuberth is made in a 3rd world country. German helmet - my derriere !!!

German company, German price, 3rd world quality

Believe nothing you hear and 1/2 of what you see

"I would bet $$$ that that fancy smancy Schuberth is made in a 3rd world country"

Just as the "Canadian" HJC's are!  From HJC's US website...

"HJC has two helmet factories in two different countries: Korea and Vietnam. These factories provide strategic venues to produce high end, mid, and entry-level products to satisfy the demands of consumers around the world".

10 minutes ago, canthai55 said:
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Just as the "Canadian" HJC's are!

brought from Canada - never said made in Canada

Your quote sort of suggests that that was exactly what you were getting at... 

"I would bet $$$ that that fancy smancy Schuberth is made in a 3rd world country"

You sure weren't saying that your fancy shmancy HJCs were made in a 3rd-world country also!

Edited by Just Weird
  • Confused 1

The Gods of Iron Oxide (rust) are telling you to stop polluting the world and use your god given legs and public transportation to get from point A to Point B from now on.  

Reminds me of the great Neil Young Live Album: Rust never sleeps  

So profound

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/29/2019 at 6:41 PM, Thian said:

I walked into Panda Rachapruek 3 weeks ago..asked them if they could speak english and they said no...so i left.

I also doubt they will have a 3xl in stock and if they have if they will let me fit it for 20 min....i wouldn't do that if i had a shop for helmets because another customer won't buy it anymore as being new.

I had an AGV size XXXL when i was 20 or so...fit me well but a week later the dog of my friend ate a huge piece out of it...insurance paid that so i bought a Lazer helmet...i forgot the size but it was ok.

I know size XXXL is hard in thailand, that's why i bought this one in Europe...Schuberth has XXXL but not for this model so i trusted their info about measuring the head and 61.5 cm should fit an XXL which goes untill 63 cm....well that was wrong but not my fault...Or would you say it's me mum's fault that i have a large head/feet/hands and knob?

I also tried to buy a Tempur mattress some weeks ago in Paragon...in 210 cm...they had never heard of that but those are normal in Europe these days.

Thian, I was in Pander Rider (Kasaet-Navmin) last week trying on the Schuberth E1 - only for 5 minutes as it was sufficient to check the fit. 

While Panda Rider didn't offer a 'hair cover' type thing, some motorcycle shops do.

Panda Rider had no issues with me trying on various helmets - my guess it they've have no issues letting a serious buyer try on a helmet for 20mins. 

Helmets are like Ski boots - they very in shape and size from manufacturer to manufacturer, some are know to suit specific foot sizes, some more suitable for wider feet etc.. with helmets some manufacturers are know to produce helmets which suit specific head shapes. 

You are looking to blame the manufacturer but how much research did you do to find a helmet which suits your head shape?

The Schuberth M1 fits a 'Slightly Narrow' head shape, by your comments your head shape may be round

https://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmet-reviews-by-internal-shape/

To quote revzilla.com "if you have round head, Schuberth helmets are not going to work for you"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thian, I was in Pander Rider (Kasaet-Navmin) last week trying on the Schuberth E1 - only for 5 minutes as it was sufficient to check the fit. 

While Panda Rider didn't offer a 'hair cover' type thing, some motorcycle shops do.

Panda Rider had no issues with me trying on various helmets - my guess it they've have no issues letting a serious buyer try on a helmet for 20mins. 

Helmets are like Ski boots - they very in shape and size from manufacturer to manufacturer, some are know to suit specific foot sizes, some more suitable for wider feet etc.. with helmets some manufacturers are know to produce helmets which suit specific head shapes. 

You are looking to blame the manufacturer but how much research did you do to find a helmet which suits your head shape?

The Schuberth M1 fits a 'Slightly Narrow' head shape, by your comments your head shape may be round

https://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmet-reviews-by-internal-shape/

To quote revzilla.com "if you have round head, Schuberth helmets are not going to work for you"

No idea what head shape i have..i'm dutch and even have a german name...the problem with the M1 XXL is that it's the same helmet as the XL but with thin padding....guess they were too lazy to make a new shell for XXL and XXXL which they only have in other models.

Yes i'm so dumb to not study about helmets, gosh you even have to search for headshape these days? Then why don't they mention that on their website?

And it fits perfect, only starts to hurt like crazy after 10-15 minutes.

But i'm glad that a rookie motobike driver can give me advice....you feel better now?

And i never had issues with ski boots....i always rented them and if the size is good it's all fine.

Edited by Thian
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Thian said:

No idea what head shape i have..i'm dutch and even have a german name...the problem with the M1 XXL is that it's the same helmet as the XL but with thin padding....guess they were too lazy to make a new shell for XXL and XXXL which they only have in other models.

Apparently Melon shaped.

The shell sizes with a varying thickness of protection all fit within ECE standards.

You didn't like the shell size but purchased the helmet anyway, now blame someone else [the manufacturer] for being lazy?

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Yes i'm so dumb to not study about helmets, gosh you even have to search for headshape these days? Then why don't they mention that on their website?

Again you blame someone else for your failures to be able to research a product before purchase. 

4 hours ago, Thian said:

And it fits perfect, only starts to hurt like crazy after 10-15 minutes.

Then it doesn't fit perfectly now, does it?

4 hours ago, Thian said:

But i'm glad that a rookie motobike driver can give me advice....you feel better now?

I guess some people are just undeserving of help.

4 hours ago, Thian said:

And i never had issues with ski boots....i always rented them and if the size is good it's all fine.

Unfortunately you have missed the point. But its fortunate your feet aren't as swollen as your head which would make for a painful ski experience if choosing the wrong brand of ski boots.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Unfortunately you have missed the point. But its fortunate your feet aren't as swollen as your head which would make for a painful ski experience if choosing the wrong brand of ski boots.

I've rented ALL brands of skiboots and they are all fine....

Well enough rookie advice for today. F1 is more interesting.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Thian said:

I've rented ALL brands of skiboots and they are all fine....

Well enough rookie advice for today. F1 is more interesting.

If you rent ski boots, you are not at the level to notice the difference in fit, much like a backpacker renting a scooter knows little of how a helmet should fit....  Or some who potters around on a scooter such as yourself (as you have clearly exampled). 

Your comments highlight that you really don't know very much: You don't know about correct sizing of ski boots (in response to and rejecting the example I provided). You didn't know that helmets come in different 'shapes', You didn't do your research before overpaying (by almost double) for a helmet which doesn't fit you, you blame everyone else but yourself. 

Who's the rookie again?.... its not my my helmet which fits incorrectly and has been stored poorly. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If you rent ski boots, you are not at the level to notice the difference in fit, much like a backpacker renting a scooter knows little of how a helmet should fit....  Or some who potters around on a scooter such as yourself (as you have clearly exampled). 

Your comments highlight that you really don't know very much: You don't know about correct sizing of ski boots (in response to and rejecting the example I provided). You didn't know that helmets come in different 'shapes', You didn't do your research before overpaying (by almost double) for a helmet which doesn't fit you, you blame everyone else but yourself. 

Who's the rookie again?.... its not my my helmet which fits incorrectly and has been stored poorly. 

Dude you better buy yourself a jockeyhelmet and a whip, in pink color i guess...it will fit your high horse. Enough kiddo talk for today, ciaooo

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

For someone with an XXXL head you are surprisingly thin skinned !!! - You've been offered a lot of help and advice on this forum, its a shame your ego is outshining your intelligence and you have not been prepared to look inwards at the mistakes you have made. 

I asked here for advice from other drivers, i wanted to know how their helmets were doing in the Thai climate.

And then the rookie kiddo driver who thinks he knows it all start spouting nonsense and ruining the threat....well done boy! 

40 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I buy yesterday new helmet SPACECROWN 600 Baths not metallic parts, why pay more ?

Certainly you can get BETTER, but paying over 50 times as much is a bit of an issue for me.

Mine's an 'Avexcombat' - before i always used full face, but now I have a scooter so I just want comfort, a bit of quiet and comfort and decent/easy replaced visors... that's 400 baht.

Having ridden 40 years, although I accept that a better helmet could make the difference I think that we westerners are a little overly keen to pay so much more for such marginal increases in safety. Just ride safer, that'll make much more of a difference...

As far as German Quality is concerned, I could have purchased a Mercur Futur razor for 3750 online in Bangkok, but I chose to import a Qshave from China for 300 baht - and the quality is 95% as high.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thian said:

I asked here for advice from other drivers, i wanted to know how their helmets were doing in the Thai climate.

And then the rookie kiddo driver who thinks he knows it all start spouting nonsense and ruining the threat....well done boy! 

Your complaint was targeting the manufacture for a sub-quality helmet - you complained about the tarnished buckle and headaches. You mentioned you sweat a lot into your helmet (many do) and its left for 4-5 months (non-AC). 

While I agree that this should not happen to a buckle on a high end helmet (or any helmet) you have also blamed the manufacturer for the poor fit (causing you headaches) - this is 100% on you.

You have overpaid by at least double for a helmet (and communication device). You have also blamed the manufacturer for your absence of knowledge of helmet sizing. Yet you are still persevering in with the 'Rookie, Kiddo, Boy' comments which only highlights a degree of childishness. Perfect proof that cranial capacity is not an indicator of brain-size. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ben2talk said:

Certainly you can get BETTER, but paying over 50 times as much is a bit of an issue for me.

Mine's an 'Avexcombat' - before i always used full face, but now I have a scooter so I just want comfort, a bit of quiet and comfort and decent/easy replaced visors... that's 400 baht.

Having ridden 40 years, although I accept that a better helmet could make the difference I think that we westerners are a little overly keen to pay so much more for such marginal increases in safety. Just ride safer, that'll make much more of a difference...

As far as German Quality is concerned, I could have purchased a Mercur Futur razor for 3750 online in Bangkok, but I chose to import a Qshave from China for 300 baht - and the quality is 95% as high.

I definitely agree on the 'rider safer' comment, not so much on the marginal increase in safety from a cheap to a branded helmet. 

Quality 95% as high? - You mean the finish?

How can we tell the quality of a helmet unless its been professionally impact tested?

Video below on a rather rudimentary impact test which highlights the difference between recognized Branded helmets and the rest. 

2 hours ago, ben2talk said:

I have also been riding a scooter since I was in Thailand before it was impossible to use it without finishing in the freezer, now here with a scooter I really enjoy driving it, I wanted to take a full-face helmet but it seems to me to suffocate inside, so I opted for an open helmet.
For the quality I bought two bikes in Thailand not of German quality that have been unused for some time now, now I bought a German quality bike made in china, a real pleasure to go there.

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I definitely agree on the 'rider safer' comment, not so much on the marginal increase in safety from a cheap to a branded helmet. 

Quality 95% as high? - You mean the finish?

How can we tell the quality of a helmet unless its been professionally impact tested?

Video below on a rather rudimentary impact test which highlights the difference between recognized Branded helmets and the rest. 

If you make one impact same this, your helmet survived but your brain ? Have have serious doubts about.

Edited by ICELANDMAN
  • Like 1