Lack of evidence -800K reporting. Should I have some?

Today I fulfilled my retirement extension 90 day 800K Baht obligation-i.e letter from my bank confirming that the 800K Baht was still there.

Necessary photo copies supplied.

I asked the lady (desk 8 Jomtien) for some kind of evidence that  I had fulfilled my obligations.

Not available -came the reply.

Does any  reader have a different experience i.e evidence supplied to them.

I feel that  I am being set up!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Doesn't you new 90-day report slip evidence enough?  If you didn't meet the requirements they wouldn't have given you a new slip, would they?

I don't think it is a 90 day report. It is a bank balance check after getting a new 1 year visa. Jomtien requires it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The report he did has nothing to do with 90 day reporting.

Thanks for that.  So the 90-day B800k-still-in-the-bank-report that the OP referred to is in addition to the normal retirement extension 90-day report that some offices also need money-in-the-bank confirmation for?  Is that correct?

• Like 1

Your pass book from bank is YOUR ultimate proof you had the money at that date , of course no proof you reported at that date ….but anyway....I updated at the bank and extra let them make a 3 month's statement , 100 baht worth I find !

I just did mine 25 nov. . they checked if all doc. where there , but had even not an eye for my open passport page, kept almost under the nose of the outboard desk sitting, very efficient Indian Thai looking officer, at Jomtien immigration. A 2 minutes job, no ticket given even just go desk  8 ,and wave their 90 day bank check document and they take your documents , even people in front or not for their ret. ext. waiting...

I have the impression they even don't like that extra  job , and guess the final control is done at your new ret. ext. date

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Thanks for that.  So the 90-day B800k-still-in-the-bank-report that the OP referred to is in addition to the normal retirement extension 90-day report that some offices also need money-in-the-bank confirmation for?  Is that correct?

There is no normal check with 90 day reporting. Only a few odd offices want it.

It is a one time check at Jomtien.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes it is an addition .

However it only applies if you use the 800K Baht in the bank  option. There are other options.

The 800K Baht option is 800K Baht for 2 months prior to application and 90 days after a successful application. 800K has to be in your bank for that amount of time total. You have to show evidence (letter from your bank) on both occasions.

Now I have no evidence that I supplied the 90 day letter.

I do not trust immigration-that is my problem .

Edited by Delight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
24 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

There is no normal check with 90 day reporting. Only a few odd offices want it.

It is a one time check at Jomtien.

Sorry, I still don't understand that, the OP said..."Today I fulfilled my retirement extension 90 day 800K Baht obligation...".  He did his at Jomtien and called it his 90-day money report, that suggests that it was a 90-day requirement, doesn't it?   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On reflection my activity today can have 2 outcomes:-

1) I am being set up

or

2 Apathy at immigration

Option 2 makes more sense.

For the system to work fully immigration would need to keep an ‘account’ for me(and all other applicants).

The evidence that I supplied would need to stored electronically or in a hanging file with my name on it.

How else can they connect todays input with future extension applications.

A bureaucratic  nightmare for them.

Suspect that they will simply store my input for a few days -then throw it all away.

The minimum ‘400K Baht still in bank next application time’ will be simple for them

54 minutes ago, Delight said:

On reflection my activity today can have 2 outcomes:-

1) I am being set up

or

2 Apathy at immigration

Option 2 makes more sense.

For the system to work fully immigration would need to keep an ‘account’ for me(and all other applicants).

The evidence that I supplied would need to stored electronically or in a hanging file with my name on it.

How else can they connect todays input with future extension applications.

A bureaucratic  nightmare for them.

Suspect that they will simply store my input for a few days -then throw it all away.

The minimum ‘400K Baht still in bank next application time’ will be simple for them

Your bank book will always prove that you met the financial requirements. Another thought, you can always take a selfie to document that you were at the office on that day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Martyp said:

Your bank book will always prove that you met the financial requirements. 

This makes sense

Given this why bother having to go to immigration after 90 days

Bank books could do the lot i.e Beginning -90 days and End.

it may go that way over time.

16 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Doesn't you new 90-day report slip evidence enough?  If you didn't meet the requirements they wouldn't have given you a new slip, would they?

He said he showed the money was still in the bank to someone at the retirement extension desk. They don't have anything to do with the regular 90 day reports that are done by everyone who stays in the country 90 or more days.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Delight said:

This makes sense

It's probably a rule the officers already see as pointless, like the social media survey they were required to collect a few years. That one they made a point of tossing in a pile behind their desk without bothering to even check it.

I asked for the same. ie stamp/ note in passport. Immigration said not required they will put data into their system later. Shouldn’t be a problem anyway as they can check next time you get your extension renewed. Wouldn’t worry about it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Papafarang said:

Lady at desk 8 is a jobs worth

She is rude and should  be in uniform  but she not wear it

Because  she is a lower rank than the ones that do

I must be lucky then as never been rude with me..........

17 hours ago, Delight said:

This makes sense

You mean the way it is done in Bangkok CW? and just about every other Immigration office?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The 90 days report has nothing to do with the 90 days check for the 800k in the bank.

21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Which immigration office checks the money in the bank when doing the 90 days report? 

• Sad 1