Retirement Extension (B) at Hua Hin

Important: my initial extension in 2017 was from a non-B visa. This post is unlikely to help anyone on non-OA. 

Did my latest retirement extension on 26 November at the new Hua Hin (Thap Tai) immigration office. Arrived at 8.25 and was in a queue of 5 by opening time at 8.30. All the 90 day reports are done on the lower floor so the upper floor seems to be very quiet. (Was there two weeks ago for information and at 11.30 I was the only person). 
Quick summary:

No insurance needed

No mention of keeping money in account for 3 months etc

Assistant at info desk does a quick doc check for completeness before you get a queue number

Processing once at the desk was less than 20mins. Re-entry permit processed at the same time if you need one and have the application form, photo and passport to hand 

No mention of home visits 

Officers were friendly and efficient and work within their published turnaround time targets

Free drinking water available 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

No there is hope for many foreigners and expats in Thailand. The doom and gloom i HATE everything about Thailand bunch will have to find another excuse to bitch and moan. Same with some YouTube channels that are creating drama out of thin and for extra subs. Many make it sound as if ALL visas are changing and all situations are horrible. Your story proves them wrong as the same with my situation.

You may try and see the visa situation as a glass half full but for the rest of us the glass is half empty and getting more empty all the time....

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Just because they did not mention it does not mean you don't have to keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after you applied and then 400k baht until you top up your account for the next extension.

Yes, thanks! I am cautious enough to do that anyway on the basis that just because something isn’t mentioned, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t apply

My last visa extension was easy at hua hin , but 2 years ago I was number 002 and number 001 had finished and I was made to wait 4 hours 30 minutes until I got served ,it all depends on the IO at the time ,if they don’t want to do something they make it hard and drag their feet