New British passport from KL High Commission

1 minute ago, sometimewoodworker said:

HMPO will not (without significant pleading, and probably not even then) deliver/send a passport to anywhere other than the proved address you provide in the country where that is. Except in the few countries where they only deliver to a central collection/ distribution point.

Are there any other countries aside from LOS in SE Asia that have the collection point system?

I won't have a permanent address while in KL. Would I not be able to get it sent to the high commission or another collection point in KL?

I got mine sent to the British Honorary Consul in Penang in 2016, no problem. Just check with him first to see it's OK.

I got the one before that sent to the British High Commission in KL. again no problem.

Edited by flashlight92

7 minutes ago, flashlight92 said:

I got mine sent to the British Honorary Consul in Penang in 2016, no problem. Just check with him first to see it's OK.

I got the one before that sent to the British High Commission in KL. again no problem.

Thanks..... so it seems there is a discrepancy between some people's understanding, and some people's experiences.

1 hour ago, CGW said:

I would question that statement? my last passport, I had to travel to the UK to get it as ran out of pages, I got in Liverpool and they used the hotel directly next door to the office as my address.

Maybe they did but you were in the UK and applying in person.

I employed a Pattaya agent to organise my new passport.

As I stated in a earlier post the passport was posted direct to me-from Bangkok (from memory)

After it arrived I simply collected the old passport from the agent.

He was surprised

I still have it - exactly  in the same condition as  when I handed it to the agent.

Suspect something went wrong

4 minutes ago, Delight said:

I employed a Pattaya agent to organise my new passport.

As I stated in a earlier post the passport was posted direct to me-from Bangkok (from memory)

After it arrived I simply collected the old passport from the agent.

He was surprised

I still have it - exactly  in the same condition as  when I handed it to the agent.

Suspect something went wrong

More likely that your memory is faulty...