Thailand’s power tunnel almost 70 per cent complete

snoop1130

Thailand’s power tunnel almost 70 per cent complete

By The Nation

800_d37b0c59ed6cdb3.jpg

Construction of the biggest underground tunnel to house electric cables in Thailand is now 69 per cent complete, officials announced today (December 4).

The tunnel expected to be fully completed in 2020 and will be ready to connect with the railway system. Measuring 3.6 metres in width and located 30 metres underground, it will connect Chidlom and Lumpini and Chidlom and Sukhumvit. A security system for both flood and fire along with drainage and ventilation are going to be installed. The tunnel will help reduce the risk of high voltage incidents in the event of accidents and flooding while also increasing electricity capacity in the business area.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379075

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-04

11 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

it will become useless when bangkok is flooded in the not too distant future due global warming so it has a short life

No worries, the world will end in 12 years and till that time the tunnel will do its work well enough.

6 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ????

That is a name, not a reference. A Google search comes up with an American politician at the top, and a long list of lesser mortals below. Nothing tells me any of them have anything to say about the world ending in 12 years. Can you be a little more specific, please?

Not that I want to be argumentative, you understand. Nibiru was a great disappointment!

8 hours ago, Grusa said:

That is a name, not a reference. A Google search comes up with an American politician at the top, and a long list of lesser mortals below. Nothing tells me any of them have anything to say about the world ending in 12 years. Can you be a little more specific, please?

Not that I want to be argumentative, you understand. Nibiru was a great disappointment!

Its a joke...

The joke politician AOC made that comment in January in the hope to scare people into marching to her climate change music.

If your google skills were better, and you searched for her name plus "12 years" you would have found many references.

On 12/4/2019 at 6:28 PM, snoop1130 said:

Measuring 3.6 metres in width and located 30 metres underground

So the tunnel is approximately 28.5 m below sea level since Bangkok's mean elevation is published at 1.5 m above sea level.  I hope their dewatering system is 'state-of-the-art'!

In 1977 I had occasion to tour an undersea tunnel off the east coast of Canada - at that time I was told if the dewatering system failed one had only a few minutes (Either 6 or 12 - I don't remember) to get to the surface.

43 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

The joke politician AOC made that comment in January in the hope to scare people into marching to her climate change music.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) says the world will end in 12 years.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/05/13/aoc-recants-world-ending-in-12-years-due-to-climate-change-it-was-a-joke/

2 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Its a joke...

If your google skills were better, and you searched for her name plus "12 years" you would have found many references.

Thank you for your explanation. But I did ask for a reference, and you still have not provided one, but instead send me on yet another consultation with Mr. Google.

No reply required.

1 hour ago, Grusa said:

Thank you for your explanation. But I did ask for a reference, and you still have not provided one, but instead send me on yet another consultation with Mr. Google.

No reply required.

You are not the sharpest tool... 

No reply required.

Archived