Netizens offer moral support to Thai beauty queen over tough question

webfact

Netizens offer moral support to Thai beauty queen over tough question

By The Nation

800_5a9c4032a7b3f83.jpg?v=1575873438

Photo credit: PPTV

Thai Miss Universe contestant Paweensuda “Fahsai” Drouin, who finished in the top five, got the sympathy of netizens after being asked what they thought was a tough question by a pageant judge. 

Miss South Africa, Zozibini Tunzi, was crowned Miss Universe.

In the question and answer round, a judge asked Paweensuda: "Government surveillance is used to keep many nations and their people safe. But some believe this invades our right to privacy. What is more important to you, privacy or security?"

The Thai beauty queen answered: “I believe that every country has their own government policy to keep us safe, and I believe that it shouldn't cross a line of going into our privacy because we have a right to privacy. But security is also very important, so I believe that in order to live in a better society, we should also have the government look into a line – a middle ground as to where they can come and live together with society.”

79164084_10157995461244047_8715613401029

Many netizens shared the opinion that the question was quite hard because of the current government and political situation in Thailand. They posted comments offering her moral support and thanking her for her efforts. 

“I cried. I feel sorry for Fahsai since she has been in pageant stages for seven years preparing for Miss Universe. However, we have to move on. She is a fighter. Never seen an ambitious woman like this before,” one of her fans posted on social media.

77045115_10157940049904047_7210425791270

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379225

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-09

12 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Must really confuse most Thais that a person with dark skin can be considered beautiful and smart. 

In this particular case however it's really in the eye of the beholder, or whoever decided 'let's have that trending diversity thing'. SA was far too butch for my taste. Grace Jones fans should be pleased though.

16 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

In this particular case however it's really in the eye of the beholder, or whoever decided 'let's have that trending diversity thing'. SA was far too butch for my taste. Grace Jones fans should be pleased though.

True. 

Btw, I'm sure most Thais would have been further confused to see Miss Ireland ???????? 

Must have been alot of head-scratching! 

Ireland_UNI19_Web_Headshot.thumb.jpg.4bd507cd00a60bcaf65fa86e75d7ce9e.jpg

I was partial to Miss Cambodia, who of course looks even more Thai than the Thai contestant. 

The Thais never field an actual Thai. Always a half Farang Thai. 

One has to wonder if they consider full Thais to be beautiful. 

Cambodia 

Cambodia_UNI19_Web_Headshot.thumb.jpg.b9dd5b8daf65871a3781fc50f1d1bb76.jpg

The answer shouldn't  be important  shod come  down to how fit she is

What kind of clothes she wears in the bedroom extra

After  all it is a beauty  compition not a job interview

The one who won i wouldnt  even want tk sit next  to it let alone. You know what with it

Miss Thailand  was much  better looking and i don't  really care what the question  or answer was

She needs to come see me for a beer and a hug and a kiss

Why is anyone surprised that a beauty contest owned by Trump (until very recently) would be unfair? Stupid question, great answer, IMHO. Calling it a 'beauty' contest is absurd. 'Beauty' seems to just an incidental aspect of it anymore, one reason I stopped watching any of them years ago.

19 hours ago, DLock said:

To be fair, that's not an easy question, but I guess there is no "correct" answer.

Try answering yourself out loud. It's a question you could argue either way...and be valid.

She argued it from both sides so was a fail. A product of living under junta rule I suppose.

Good answer, to a challenging question. Especially in a nation where the administration is famously thin skinned, and power hungry. 

She is stunning. Thrilled to see a Thai woman with darker skin get this kind of attention. Hopefully it will break down some of the inane attitudes so many have hear about milky white skin. Kids at the school level should be taught to repeat, "black is beautiful, white skin is no big deal at all". Or "TV shows are full of nonsense, and not all rich people are white".

19 hours ago, DLock said:

To be fair, that's not an easy question, but I guess there is no "correct" answer.

Try answering yourself out loud. It's a question you could argue either way...and be valid.

He asked for her opinion.... so the answer should have been her honest feeling.
Not difficult.

It was a difficult question, compared to some of the other questions. The contest is

made so the winner of choice gets a bit of a break. I congratulate Miss Thailand to 

get to the top 5, I had hoped that she would have made the top 3.

Maybe Tom B, will host the next contest, and not the bumbling Steve Harvey.

Just my opinion of course.

Geezer

A perfectly normal question that any contestant with half a brain should have anticipated and practiced for. 

However, it does require taking a stance and the Thai/Lao way is to simply say, "Up to you." Because, as we all know, making a decision is hard!

20 hours ago, DLock said:

To be fair? only to the truly witless

simple question - how many people die each day due to the government not knowing about the contents of their emails and communications/conversations?

compare with the number of people who die from heart disease or strokes?

difficult to answer

people such as you dlock have actually brought into the government line that keeps the masses under control

we need thinking people in this world. let us hope the rest are wiped out

Really! I could understand if you actually understood the power the Thai government and elephants have over the general population,

but to believe there is no correct answer? It was a difficult question because the honest answer puts her life in mortal danger, how old are you?

it reminds me of my my Yemeni friend who told me the real problem with the Middle East and Arabs is they want someone to rule them, someone to give them orders and direction 

Archived