You would first need a non-o visa entry to apply for the one year extension.

You need to show 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income to apply for the extension.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife with not financial proof of the 30 day visa exempt entry you have now.

15 minutes ago, Baricello said:

Thank you kindly Ubonjoe, can the 60 day extenion of my 30 day v/e be done at Udon IO?

Yes 

You might want to ask if you can do it after getting the standard 30 day extension. Most immigration offices will do it after the 30 day extension.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You would first need a non-o visa entry to apply for the one year extension.

You need to show 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income to apply for the extension.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife with not financial proof of the 30 day visa exempt entry you have now.

Which documents do you need to bring to (Jomtien) immigration for a 60 days extension to visit your wife?

and being on "visa exempt" can you get a non-O visa/extension entry at Jomtien or do you have to go outside Thailand to get the "Non-O status".

8 minutes ago, Baricello said:

Does that mean I apply initially for a 30 day extension of my v/e, and on expiry, apply for a further 60 days by way of marriage, so in effect I'm getting a 90 day extension for two payments of 1900Bht each?

Yes that is possible.

5 minutes ago, JH1967 said:

Which documents do you need to bring to (Jomtien) immigration for a 60 days extension to visit your wife?

You wife has to be with you when your apply. You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it and copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. 

You will also need proof of residence to prove you are living in Jomtien and more than likely a TM30 form.

5 minutes ago, JH1967 said:

and being on "visa exempt" can you get a non-O visa/extension entry at Jomtien or do you have to go outside Thailand to get the "Non-O status".

You can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) at immigration and then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry apply for the one year extension.

Requirments for the visa application are here. https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323090010.pdf J omtien may have additional requirments.