New passport and transfer of visa + move

I allow me to ask for a recommended way to proceed with the following. Passport expire December 2020, Retirement extension expire August 2020 and I plan to move another province end January/February 2020.

I have seen in some topics that I will need a letter from my embassy to provide for Immigration when want to transfer visa (extension) to new passport! Is this the case?

Can the visa extension be transferred into passport in the province I plan to move or do it have to be done where its issued?

In advance thank you.

Felt

Edited by Felt 35

After you have changed your address to a the new immigration office you can have your stamps transferred there. 

You will need a letter from your embassy confirming you got a new passport and/or requesting immigration transfer you stamp.

For what its worth, in Chiang Mai, they did not require any embassy letter ... GF called to ask and they just wanted Old passport, TM30, TM6 and photocopies of last ten pages of entry stamps into Thailand.  I just copied every page with a Thai stamp on it for good measure.

No hassle in immigration, just sat down if front of a designated desk, while they gave me both Visa & Re-entry permit stamps in new passport.  Took about 10 mins, with No fee payable.