Samut Sakhon sprays water to control PM2.5 airborne dust

webfact

Samut Sakhon sprays water to control PM2.5 airborne dust

IMG_6331.jpg

The Samut Sakhon provincial administration started using four water spraying machines to reduce PM2.5 dust particles in the air along Rama II Road Thursday night, while water trucks wash dust off the roads in the province.

The provincial governor, Mr. Veerasak Vichitsaengsri, said Thursday night that the Department of Public Disaster Prevention and Mitigation had leant four dust control water spraying machines to the province to be used to clean the air, especially along the Rama II Road, where the amount of PM2.5 dust particles has been exceeding standard safety levels on daily basis.

The spraying systems are located in front of the provincial administration centre, at the construction site on Rama II road, in Om-noi municipality in Krathumban district and in the Tha Chine Tambon Administration Organization area along the Rama II road.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/samut-sakhon-sprays-water-to-control-pm2-5-airborne-dust/

thaipbs.jpg

OMG they are so dam Thick. It drives me insane. 

Water doesnt do anything!! Wind does!!!!

Anyone have a pm2.5? Test it and you will see how stupid these morons are. The wind associated with coming rains and such get rid of it. The particles are so small that they fit between sprayed water particles. Sure, a high presure mist will do something for a few meters by blowing particles around but does absolutley nothing to lower pm2.5 levels!!

I wish i was born ignorant because you know what they say. "Ignorance is bliss"!

48 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

OMG they are so dam Thick. It drives me insane. 

Water doesnt do anything!! Wind does!!!!

Anyone have a pm2.5? Test it and you will see how stupid these morons are. The wind associated with coming rains and such get rid of it. The particles are so small that they fit between sprayed water particles. Sure, a high presure mist will do something for a few meters by blowing particles around but does absolutley nothing to lower pm2.5 levels!!

I wish i was born ignorant because you know what they say. "Ignorance is bliss"!

It is astounding isn’t it

33 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

Dust control water spraying machines !!  Read as water tanker. Might as well line up every man in the town along the road and get them to all <deleted> as high as they can !  Would be just as useless !

I actually have visions of someone in a military uniform, sat in an office, spying on social media posts and reading this and thinking..."you know, thats not a bad idea, maybe if I telll Lung Tuu he'll give me a medal."

An useless use of very important resources, if you spray it on the ground, makes absolutely no sense.
These particles fly and if they are brought to the ground by water, with the first wind we find them again as before!
We need to eliminate the sources, it's much better than trying to fix it later!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Samut Sakhon provincial administration started using four water spraying machines to reduce PM2.5 dust particles in the air along Rama II Road Thursday night, while water trucks wash dust off the roads in the province.

This is employment therapy!

5 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

Record drought year and now this. Only mid December and the "spray water" stupidity has already commenced. ????:clap2:

Yep, even those in powerful positions are as thick as two short planks........the problem is that they don't know it!!

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Pure ignorance.... but to try to convince the public they are doing something is worse.

It's a long term solution that's required.

14 hours ago, xylophone said:

Yep, even those in powerful positions are as thick as two short planks........the problem is that they don't know it!!

How could the top brass who are two sandwiches short of a picnic pass it on to the guys with the two short planks who would,in turn,have to convey it to the herd of kangaroos loose in the top paddock?????????????

When Thailand's high ranking ego's and the Thai culture itself, are willing to learn that loss of face is actually no different to stubbornness and has a lot to do with actually not listening and doing what the outside world suggests for the better of Thailand, why because farangs are inferior.

If a miracle happens and the ego's are lowered, then and then only will you see people exit stage left, as Snagglepuss would say, and Thailand would move forward, but we will all be dead by then ????

Archived