UK PM Johnson plans to block extension of Brexit transition beyond 2020

webfact

30 minutes ago, Loiner said:

No, because you need lots of reminders, lest you forget.

We should have a hall of fame for all the brexiteers who have gone before, their oft-repeated predictions of the EU's imminent demise having failed to transpire.

Where are the Sgt Rocks of yesteryear?

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, evadgib said:

We haven't yet left but thankfully it's all over bar the sulking as we'll see come 01 Feb...

Sorry to tell you but the trade negotiations are just beginning on Feb 1st. And if they fail, you're back to trade barriers and tariffs under the WTO. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Loiner said:

How quickly do you expect the EU demise to happen - a few days or weeks? We haven't even left yet. We haven't stopped the contributions yet. The EU's obstinacy in trade deals hasn't affected their UK exports yet.

Not that it will all be down to Brexit, but it will certainly not help them. The EU's own cracks are already there for its' collapse, without the UK's exit.

I don't expect it to collapse at all. I am merely pointing out that there have been so many harbingers over the past few years pointing to prevailing events in Italy, Austria, Hungary etc. all being portentous, yet none of those events transpired to anything of significance. 

• Like 1

Hi. I just read on the BBC site about all the promises Boris Johnson made in recent days, and I just wonder: How will he pay all that?? :unsure:

He talked about money this year (with UK still with EU) for NHS, schools, minimum salary, science/research, infrastructures, … Is UK budget so easily extensible ?

• Haha 2