Re-Entry Permit (SETV), Phuket Airport vs. Patong

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

No need for capitals. So let's wait for back up post to enforce your experience. Did you read follow post from OP.

Rather than have dummy spit, let's find another similar report to yours.

Reentry permits need to be 100% available at international Thai airports. 

In fact I'm going Phuket Feb 19. Will report detailed response re availability of reentry permit availability.

My point is your post suggest not available. Back up post first hand helpful.

Doubt it. 

Our experience is that the re-entry desk at Phuket International airport is not 100% available or open.

The desk is/was normally only open outside the immigration office opening hours.

Maybe that is changed or the desk is open whenever they have a officer available outside those office hours. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, merijn said:

Our experience is that the re-entry desk at Phuket International airport is not 100% available or open.

The desk is/was normally only open outside the immigration office opening hours.

Maybe that is changed or the desk is open whenever they have a officer available outside those office hours. 

Correct. Some time ago member attended DM (very late) to find reentry/overstay unattended.

Needed to wait extra 20 minutes for them to find someone to attend and issue reentry permit.

1 hour ago, Mr Smithy said:

This thread is about PHUKET not DM

When did you obtain reentry permit Phuket airport. If not than what is your point. The OP has already reported that desk was open for reentry permit despite erroneous reports. 

Could you please post your recent experience reentry permit. Anywhere will suffice.

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, merijn said:

I always advise people to get at least a single Re-Entry permit after receiving their new one year extension.

In this case they can leave the country on a moments notice without any problems. 

Why would you advise that when reentry permit is readily available at international airports. Takes most often less than 10 minutes.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

When did you obtain reentry permit Phuket airport

The re-entry desk/office WAS CLOSED so I did NOT obtain a R/E permit. Understand? 

The OP is reporting a very recent experience which does not invalidate the experience of others - We will have to await further reports before concluding that R/E permits are available 24/7/365 at Phuket airport.

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2019 at 2:39 PM, sallecc said:

I see, so they do need TM30 even for Re-Entry SETV? (I thought they only need it for Extension)

"They will make you get one", means I will have to pay a fine?  (I stay in AirBnB condo, no TM30)

Oh dear oh dear... so much confusion. Easy answer is to avoid Airbnb etc altogether.... pm me and I’ll arrange to sell you my lovely wee villa in southern Phuket. I wouldn’t be selling it cept I’m going overseas ????

On 12/17/2019 at 7:39 AM, sallecc said:

I see, so they do need TM30 even for Re-Entry SETV? (I thought they only need it for Extension)

"They will make you get one", means I will have to pay a fine?  (I stay in AirBnB condo, no TM30)

The address registration (TM30) is not a requirement for getting the Re-Entry permit or doing a extension.

But as the address registration has to be done when arriving in Thailand they do (sometimes) check this when you have a interaction (getting a Re-Entry permit or extension) with the IO officers.

When they see that you didn't do the address registration they can refuse the Re-Entry permit or extension until the registration is done and fine you for late reporting.

AirBnB house owners are also required to register their guest.

20 minutes ago, merijn said:

The address registration (TM30) is not a requirement for getting the Re-Entry permit or doing a extension.

But as the address registration has to be done when arriving in Thailand they do (sometimes) check this when you have a interaction (getting a Re-Entry permit or extension) with the IO officers.

When they see that you didn't do the address registration they can refuse the Re-Entry permit or extension until the registration is done and fine you for late reporting.

AirBnB house owners are also required to register their guest.

Geezus. How many reentry permits you done? Me 7. I provide tm8 form. Photocopy identity page with latest permission of stay stamp and latest entry stamp with tm6. That's it. 

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Geezus. How many reentry permits you done? Me 7. I provide tm8 form. Photocopy identity page with latest permission of stay stamp and latest entry stamp with tm6. That's it. 

You just confirmed what i said.

(The IO officers can see in the computer if the address registration is done)

In the 30 + years i can't count the amount of TM8 i done ????

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I've done 50++++ and since the tm 30 has been required for PHUKET immigration , (not the ariport)  you wont get past the immigration volunteer without having one in ur passport if ur on a long stay visa to do anything.
beyond that, all the above + a photo and 1,000 baht

But as the address registration has to be done when arriving in Thailand they do (sometimes) check this when you have a interaction (getting a Re-Entry permit or extension) with the IO officer

NOT the same as doing a TM 30 IF your on a long stay visa

Edited by phuketrichard

10 hours ago, merijn said:

You just confirmed what i said.

(The IO officers can see in the computer if the address registration is done)

In the 30 + years i can't count the amount of TM8 i done ????

I am referring to reentry permit at airport.

I have never done a tm30 so none on file.

What is address registration. I'm assuming your referring to tm30. Not required at airports I have dealt with.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I am referring to reentry permit at airport.

I have never done a tm30 so none on file.

What is address registration. I'm assuming your referring to tm30. Not required at airports I have dealt with.

Airport doesn't care about it as you leave the country at that stage.

As the TM30 is one of the ways off registering your address i prefer to say Address Registration instead of TM30 but you are correct.

Hi guys thanks for all replies... just to make clear:

TM30 question was about *Patong immigration office* (for Re-Entry on SETV)... They didn't ask for TM30, and when I asked officer he explicitly said "No, not needed" (he didn't had computer either). 

R/E desk hours question was about *Phuket Airport R/E desk* (officers there said "R/E desk is supposed to work 24/7, and if it's empty just ask other officers to call their colleagues up").

Next time if my flight is not too early or too late, I'll do it at the airport... Otherwise, I'll do it in Patong I/O (but I'll visit there first to check if they changed their minds about TM30) ????