Poland could exit EU over judicial reform clash - top Polish court

webfact

14 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Once we are out of the EU's grasp we will be free to change our first-past-the-post electoral system, if this is the democratic will of the British people. 

It's just one of the many perks of taking back control.

Nice example of blaming the EU for something it bears no blame.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Nice example of blaming the EU for something it bears no blame.

I didn't. The blame lies with undemocratic <deleted> whose scurrilous three-year campaign to overturn the Brexit result has sidelined important domestic political issues.

11 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

I didn't. The blame lies with undemocratic <deleted> whose scurrilous three-year campaign to overturn the Brexit result has sidelined important domestic political issues.

First of all, when you say " Once we are out of the EU's grasp we will be free to change our first-past-the-post electoral system, if this is the democratic will of the British people.  " you do blame the EU.

Secondly, you're referring to people like BJ who voted against a proposal, and then tried to get a similar, probably slightly worse for the UK, proposal through parliament and who is now the Brexit hero.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

First of all, when you say " Once we are out of the EU's grasp we will be free to change our first-past-the-post electoral system, if this is the democratic will of the British people.  " you do blame the EU.

Secondly, you're referring to people like BJ who voted against a proposal, and then tried to get a similar, probably slightly worse for the UK, proposal through parliament and who is now the Brexit hero.

Whom I blame and why was made crystal clear in my last posting on the subject. However, for some reason, the word <deleted> was substituted for the plural noun used to describe the undemocratic objects of my displeasure. 

One can only assume 'Remo-ner' has been added to the ever-expanding lexicon of offensive words to be automatically expunged from social media - or at least this quirky little backwater of it.

Personally, I'd be more than happy to see all  <deleted> automatically expunged from the planet!

(Only joking, of course).

Poland of all countries should be wary of judiciaries that are subservient to governments. The memory of Nazi and Soviet show trials should remind them that a Supreme Court independent of government and not influenced by their agenda is an essential part of a free society. It's perhaps relevant that to note that Johnson is hinting at changes to the UK Supreme Court following his recent rebuff over prorogation. Maybe a move towards the US system?   

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Once we are out of the EU's grasp we will be free to change our first-past-the-post electoral system, if this is the democratic will of the British people. 

It's just one of the many perks of taking back control.

Complete nonsense.

Any country within the EU can change their general/local election voting system. Writing this kind of falsehood is typical of Brexit supporters.

Only voting for MEPs requires every country to follow EU voting principles.

1 hour ago, khunken said:

Complete nonsense.

Any country within the EU can change their general/local election voting system. Writing this kind of falsehood is typical of Brexit supporters.

not commenting on the nonsense/falsehood bits,

the rest I agree with

users of forums such as this are encouraged to interpret each and every entry with a positive mindset,

keeping that in mind I'd say that:

the chap probably knows that UK can leave fptp behind next week if they so fancy

me thinks maybe the chap meant that the Brexit process is consuming way to much resources and getting

way to much focus so that there is fine little left to address and tackle other "huge" issues like

turning the election system upside/down

(since Xmas is coming up over the horizon I now savour the first beer and nip of the day, cheers all)

5 hours ago, khunken said:

Complete nonsense.

Try reading my later posting, which made it clear whom I was blaming.

3 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

me thinks maybe the chap meant that the Brexit process is consuming way to much resources and getting

way to much focus so that there is fine little left to address and tackle other "huge" issues like

turning the election system upside/down

One can only hope your perspicacity is infectious. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Try reading my later posting, which made it clear whom I was blaming.

I saw your other posts and, just like so many Brexit supporters, you blame others. The UK has had decades before Brexit when it could have amended its undemocratic voting system.

There is zero evidence that during the Brexit saga there was any move on the voting system so your original post remans a falsehood.

13 hours ago, khunken said:

I saw your other posts and, just like so many Brexit supporters, you blame others. The UK has had decades before Brexit when it could have amended its undemocratic voting system.

There is zero evidence that during the Brexit saga there was any move on the voting system so your original post remans a falsehood.

None are so blind as they who will not see.

Archived