Need Help

andersgreve

Hey all,

I'm thinking of moveing to Thailand (Near Pattaya), but i'm haveing a hard time finding a place to work. Is there any that have any tip's about how i should try. Been looking on the internet but it dosent seem like there is any.

And how is it got get to learn the language there? is there schools for that and how expensive is that?

All help would be appreciated

Andersgreve

Hey all,

I'm thinking of moveing to Thailand (Near Pattaya), but i'm haveing a hard time finding a place to work. Is there any that have any tip's about how i should try. Been looking on the internet but it dosent seem like there is any.

And how is it got get to learn the language there? is there schools for that and how expensive is that?

Andersgreve

turn back turn back before its too late! 5555! only kiddin...many websites for thaijobs(thats why im still jobless) google it and see whats on there! plenty of fish to fry!.....erm maybe not

goodluck!

KD :o

Hey all,

Andersgreve

I would say teaching English, but after reading the above I would have to say equivoclly: You wouldn't qualify. Sorry :o As for learning Thai, it's very difficult and an ongoing process. Definitely something you won't learn overnight, but with hard work and years and years of experience, you can become proficient. As for other jobs, depends on a lot of variables: age, qualifications, salary requirements, etc.. Regardless, there aren't many jobs here for farangs. Most farangs I know are either teachers, retired or own their own business.

Hey all,

Andersgreve

Methinks thou art motivated by a damsel following a first or second trip to Pattaya? Certainly you do not appear to understand the why's and wherefore's of Thailand - Thailand is kinda short on job boards for farangs looking for new jobs!

It may be best if you look long and hard at your decision to move here, your motivators and all the logistics etc. Perhaps best to take take much time and many many trips to Pattaya and the real Thailand before reaching a conclusion. Seriously, take a long hard look first.

Hey all,

Andersgreve

I would say teaching English, but after reading the above I would have to say equivoclly: You wouldn't qualify.

I do hope you are not teaching English!

Well Andersgreve, since nobody else has thought to welcome you to the board, allow me. You don't need a spellcheck, by the way, the grammar police will point out your smallest mistakes, as you have probably already noticed. Don't be put off from posting, most of us BMs don't go in for pulling wings off flies. Further to your query, you might get some advice from the more helpful BMs if you post a bit more information about yourself, i.e. what you can offer, qualifications etc. Regards, qwertz

A little background on yourself might help. What's your education level, and what is your expertise? I think beyond teaching, having your own business or being transferred there, you aren't going to have much luck. English is the main subject taught by foreigners there, but it is not the only subject. Depending on your qualifications, there is a need for math, chemistry and general science teachers.