Pattaya: More bad news as resort blanketed in health threatening smog

webfact

3 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Can't go in the water in pattaya, ( little Calcutta) and can't go out side???

paradise! ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Question, Sunny boy, Danny boy, madman, what kind of mask do u use to breathe?

They definitely not using drugs or alcohol like you

14 hours ago, johng said:

Still quite hazy today.

haze.jpg.c23172fcfda2c12d7da3cc01d72dc237.jpg

but that would be the clearest day of the year in some cities (around the world, not just BKK or CM), the news photo is worrying, was it that bad ? must of been , but, that's worrying. smog ? the bad old days. progress has set us back 70 years.

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

What moral conditions will be characteristic of society in the last days of Pattaya?

There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.”

Ah yes end times, but only in Pattaya.  It's not like every other city in the world doesn't have exactly the same problem.  Stay classy TV doomsayers.

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

There is technology now using gigantic fans to suck in then filter the air.

My idea is to turn the dead money skeleton highrise below the Pattaya sign into one of these fans.

Suck it in and spit it out clean up the coastline.

Remember how they used moored boats with engines running to make the Chao Phraya flow faster during the floods? Using the same "logic", they could park a load of planes on Sukhumvit with engines running to blow the smog away.

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Remember how they used moored boats with engines running to make the Chao Phraya flow faster during the floods? Using the same "logic", they could park a load of planes on Sukhumvit with engines running to blow the smog away.

Perhaps some of these planes?:tongue:

Image result for jet engine polution"

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

What moral conditions will be characteristic of society in the last days of Pattaya?

There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.”

Amen

18 hours ago, johnsmith8888 said:

Pattaya is not a place I want to live but regardless all of thailand has 2.5 more than it doesn't for at least 4 months a year. I will renew my ext this year but I am checking out vietnam and probably will be there at least 6 months each year from this point on. Women are harder to socialize with there but I need to prioritize health and I literally ONLY hear good things about the place. 

Pollution is bad if not worse in Vietnam. 

5 hours ago, Traubert said:

As much as you hate Thailand and everything about it, there's not much they can do about the wind. Most of this stuff comes in from Indonesia.

Nope, he hates having to breath unhealthy polluted air and government incompetence. Today most of Indonesia actually has far less air pollution. Hell the closest island to Thailand Sumatra is "green" for extremely safe healthy air quality! 

Time to start moving all those daily bus loads of tourists coming in/out daily to different sea side locations away from the over crowded city center and start enforcing vehicle pollolltion control. This is ridiculous, imagine how bad the pollution would be if High season was not down by 40% this year.

If one looks at Firms fire map then weather map Windy for the wind direction one can see where the problem lies, today its coming from Cambodia mostly but often comes from fires up country when the wind is from the north.

Picture taken of Buddha mountain one day with a reading of 30 and the other 130. 

MountainHazeVsNoHaze.jpg

6 hours ago, bendejo said:

It's the fault of the farang.

It's the fault of the Indians.

It's the fault of the Cambodians.

It's the fault of everyone except the Thais.  And the Chinese.

Could the forest burning Malaysians and Indonesians also be contributing?  I remember from many years ago while living in Ao Nang beach that their burning would send lots of smoke into Thailand.

9 hours ago, Traubert said:

As much as you hate Thailand and everything about it, there's not much they can do about the wind. Most of this stuff comes in from Indonesia.

Quite the contrary. I love Thailand, and it's people. I love my lifestyle here. But, that does not mean I do not have some complaints. I know some of the air issues are being caused by the lawless plantation developers in Indonesia. But, a lot is being caused by cane burning, diesel cars, trucks and power plants, industry, and wildfires here. And what is the administration doing to address these issues?

It is safe to say I despise this administration, I dislike the police, and I have no respect for immigration, and their rabid xenophobia. But, that does not mean I do not love Thailand. 

Two possible causes that could be eradicated at a stroke; police banditry causes long traffic tailbacks at busy junctions whilst they 'strive' to make Pattaya a safer place; slow-moving vans in convoy with speakers advertising some product that potential customers will never buy because they have been severely inconvenienced by these vans.

On 12/18/2019 at 10:49 AM, NCC1701A said:

So you're saying they should form a government?

On 12/19/2019 at 5:04 AM, Traubert said:

Due to every Thai having to receive some type of benefit from the tourism industry, it amazes me that every single day, hundreds of taxis, and private taxis, transport people to and from the airport.  In most cases, there is only one passenger in each car. 

Sure, they have some crappy old coach buses running, but no decent mass transport between the two.  

You can't blame that on Indonesia. 

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Sure, they have some crappy old coach buses running, but no decent mass transport between the two.

:blink:

Both busses from line 389 and busses from Roong Reuang company

- allowing to travel from the Airport to Pattaya -

are rather very recent/modern busses !

Certainly not "crappy old coach"... :glare:

18 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I wouldn't call them nice.  They are well used and well dated.  The rip off by the taxis at the Pattaya drop off points is a disgrace.

At BKK Airport, sometimes you have to book three buses in advance.  Only those needing to save a few baht wait around for their turn.  Others, such as myself, hire a whole car, just for one passenger.  Sad for the environment.

Hardly a decent mass transit system. 

I remember reading about someone starting a Facebook page so people traveling to and from Pattaya to the airport/s can share a taxi, which not only saves some money, but is better for the environment.  Any news about this?

On 12/18/2019 at 10:49 AM, NCC1701A said:

Bit harsh on TV posters mate. There won't be fire and brimstone raining from the towers as a stray dog has <deleted> on the matches.

????????

On 12/18/2019 at 10:37 AM, toenail said:

This haze or smog pops up 1-2 times during the winter season-no big deal.  It will soon go away. Nothing to panic about.

I’d worry more about daily the bumper to bumper bus fumes contaminating the air. 

Wrong.. It was here last year for along time in the early months.. Lived here 10 years and last year was the first i have ever seen it so bad.. Looks ike the Bangkok pollution has arrived at Pattaya

23 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

and cheap too for the distance one travels, and NO TOLL to pay (105 baht) on highway 7 !!!!

Archived