60 day stay SETV for US citizen at airport

I know a US citizen can come in visa-exempt for a 30 day stay and then extend for another 30 at an IO in country. But is it possible to get a 60-day tourist visa on arrival at Suvarnabhumi so the whole thing is done at once if someone's planning to stay nearly that long? Thanks.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot get any visa at an airport. You can only get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

So for visa-exempt just arrive with $700 cash, proof of hotel reservations and onward ticket, did I miss anything?

And an extension for another 30 days will have to be done at Chaenwattana, correct? Is this easy or will it take time there? And what do they want to see?

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Why Me said:

And an extension for another 30 days will have to be done at Chaenwattana, correct? I

Only if you are staying in Bangkok. It can be done at any immigration office if you have a local address to put on the forum.

It should be easy and not take long dependent upon how busy the office is.

1 hour ago, Why Me said:

And what do they want to see?

A completed TM7 application form with a 4 X6 photo attached.

Copies of your passport photo page, arrival stamp and TM6 departure card.

• Like 1

With around 100 entries I've never had more than $100 and usually no hotel booking and have never been asked to show either. 
I rarely carry that much cash in any case. The only people that ask about an onward ticket are the airlines when flying in--which does happen in which case I book a refundable on the spot and cancel it as soon as they're done with it. 

• Like 1

Will an airline allow a person to fly to BKK with a return ticket 60 days in the future, but with no visa? That's what the OP should be concerned about.

Sure the OP could purchase another ticket to indicate that he will leave the Thailand within 30 days, thus not requiring the visa.

There's other alternatives, but if I were the OP, I'd be more concerned about not being allowed to board his flight from the US.

On a related note...my extension (based on OA) ends 2nd March (flying into Thailand January) but pre booked outbound flight is 10th  March (7 days after extension ends).

I plan to do a 60 day extension based on Thai child in Feb at local immigration in Udon.

However will I be able to check in if my current extension ends before my return flight date?

32 minutes ago, gavlar said:

However will I be able to check in if my current extension ends before my return flight date?

No problem since a return or onward ticket is not required if you have a valid visa or re-entry permit.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all for the replies. I will actually be flying in from a neighboring country, not the US, where I will be only for a few days so getting a 60-day tourist visa at the Thai consulate there might not be an option. Seems then visa-exempt is the way to go.

Sorry to bug you again but I want to be sure as I've never come in visa-exempt before: to be absolutely safe I need the following in hand to show the airlines at boarding and/or the IO here at the Bkk airport, correct?

1. $700 cash

2. proof of hotel reservation

3. onward ticket

Anything else? Nervous as I've never traveled anywhere without visa before.

37 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Sorry to bug you again but I want to be sure as I've never come in visa-exempt before: to be absolutely safe I need the following in hand to show the airlines at boarding and/or the IO here at the Bkk airport, correct?

1. $700 cash

2. proof of hotel reservation

3. onward ticket

1/2 A maybe for immigration and not needed for the airline.

3. For the airline it is often asked for but if flying on one of the regional airlines it probably will not be needed. For immigration a maybe.

• Thanks 1