In historic moment, U.S. House impeaches Donald Trump for abuse of power

webfact

32 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Ha! No, because the leader of the senate and Sen. Graham (R) bothe stated in their own words that they are not impartial.

I am of the belief that Graham, McConnell, et al, and all the Senators of both parties are all already very aware of the evidence, as they see it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unless he is convicted by the senate it's of no more consequence than Clinton's. Who even remembers that Clinton was impeached, and it doesn't make the slightest difference as to how he is remembered.

However, enjoy your moment of triumph, till the senate probably acquits him next year. I only say probably, because it's life, and sometimes life deals us the unexpected, but I'm 97% sure he'll be acquitted.

Nothing to fear.

Your Joking aren't you?

DT is never going to forget this slight from the ungrateful unwashed sorry his respected voters all hail the king.

This stable genius can't even stop himself trolling a sixteen year old for getting on the cover of Time Magazine.

Whilst the outcome in the Senate looks highly predicable, I would not discount the loose canon that is Donald's total lack of any impulse control.

If you think his tweeting has been wild and reckless so far wait till the trial actually starts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Republican refusal to comply with lawful subpoenas

It would be the Court that determines if the subpoenas were lawful. This has always been the way it works. Nothing new here. The Democrats chose not to contest in the courts. That is their decision, and their decision alone. One does not have to take a side to simply admit to this as fact. If it were the other way around, and it were Democrats being served with Subpoenas I recognize that they have a right to contest in the courts. That is the way it works. These are issues about power being fought over between the branches of Government, again, nothing new.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, WalkingOrders said:

[...] a story about the President paying prostitutes to urinate for him on a bed previously used by the former President and First lady. This bothers me greatly.

Funny that you should mention this -- because of all the corruption Trump has been involved in throughout his pathetic life and into his presidency, this is the one thing that really doesn’t bother me in the least. Not saying that he did it, but, you know, the story’s out there, isn’t it. I mean, we all have little fetishes, and I’m not saying that getting peed on is one of mine, but I wouldn’t blame a chap for it. As long as the sex workers are not underage, and no one gets hurt or is forced to do something she doesn’t want to do, and as long as they are adequately compensated for their services and the facilities are properly cleaned up for the next guests, what’s the harm in it? Again, not saying that Trump did this, but a lot of people are talking that he did, and I don’t blame him a bit if it’s true.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jany123 said:

You asked how the trump committed obstruction of justice. Mueller reasoning does explain that. Mueller did not charge the trump because, as a justice department figure, that would violate the rules he was restricted too. Common knowledge.

Mueller did made it clear that congress, not him, could impeach. That’s that.

But why wasn’t this done? Well it has been made clear that the dems did not want what was determined to be a “scattergun” approach to impeachment, so they acted only on the Ukraine scandal, to streamline and simplify. Common knowledge.

this may have been a bad approach... who knows... but it was the approach taken, and trying to distort that is disingenuous. 

So rather than impeaching him a year ago for the crimes proven in the Mueller report, they waited for a “whistle blower” to come forward and conspire with Adam Schiff to generate new charges that don’t include a crime. 

That makes sense, thanks. 

Oh, and I’m sorry, I did misread your post. You were referring to the the obstruction in the Russia collision hoax, not the phony obstruction charge in the Ukraine phone call impeachment.

Again, my apologies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalkingOrders said:

I recommend that you read the FBI IG dated 12092019. There you will find the truth about this subject. The story is not true.  It can be found online here. Link opens as PDF direct for United States Department of Justice website: https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf

Sorry man, I'm not going to read the report. My post was pure sarcasm; I could care less about the golden shower story. But I did deploy Trump's tactic of telling a bald lie, saying that "people are talking about it!," and watching the lie get shared a billion times in social media, where his fans lap it up.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1