Good Alternatives for Office 365 ?

RubbaJohnny

Do you have any link to this?  I've seen that Microsoft are stopping some addons to 360 in January, including Delve Blogs and invoicing, but nothing about locking out .csv files.  In fact, many of the sites reporting on the phasing out of them recommend current users export their data to a .csv file in order to retain it in Excel.

4 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Libreoffice much better than Open Office, I think.

I use that at home. Very good. 

Do you know of an opensource .pdf editor? I find them useful for completing forms/applications, but am limited to Foxit at the office. I would like one I can use at home. 

4 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Do you know of an opensource .pdf editor? I find them useful for completing forms/applications, but am limited to Foxit at the office. I would like one I can use at home. 

https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdf-knowledge/open-source-pdf-editor.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, GarryP said:

Foxit Reader is free.  It is not a full editor but you can use the Typewriter function to fill in forms.  It is in the toolbar at the top.  Just position the curser and type.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GarryP said:

If it is only for completing forms I use the free version of Nitro Reader. Can add signatures as well.

Edited by GreasyFingers
addition
  • Like 1

I have not used Office 365 for about 8 years and I would never go back to a Microsoft Office system. I have used Apache Open Office since getting rid of Office 365 without any problems and for the PDF's I use Acrobat Reader DC and you can fill in your forms and add a signature to them. 

Edited by Russell17au

LibreOffice (https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/libreoffice/) is free and available for Windows or Linux. I suppose it's available for Apple, too, but I consider Apple an abomination and do not pay much attention to it. The programs work very much the same as the Office programs, and there is on-line help, but some of it is very old and no longer applicable. The spreadsheet application is called Calc and handles .cvs files.There is another suite called Star Office, from Sun Microsystems, which is also free, but I don't know much about it. I do not trust the Google online tools.

Edited by Acharn
Add link