Report to Immigration 6 times in 7 Months with Retirement Visa

5 minutes ago, TSF said:

Same here, see my agent once a year, pay him a bit extra to take care of everything so I don't need to wade through all this BS. 

But you still have to go to your agent for everything you normally need to do at the immigration office. That means you have to take your passport to the agency 4 times a year for the 90 days report. And then get it back. So where do you save time? And you pay for something that's free. And you pay a lot more for a simple 1 year extension which cost me 1900 baht/year, and which btw I can do in my sleep.

• Confused 1

On 12/20/2019 at 10:44 AM, steve187 said:

as your retired, what else have you got to do

that´s the million dollar question! In this forum it seems like retired people are the ones that have the most problem with their immigration visits. That´s truly awesome!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

A real question Sir, so no irony at all in it, how much it cost you per year? 

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

What about your 90 days reports? 

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

I just asked if you believe him. Visiting an agent once a year doesn't mean you can skip 90 days reports. I'm staying 5 min from my Immigration office and can go shopping at the same time. I'm in and out in less than 5 min incl waiting. 

Pay a bit more

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

But you still have to go to your agent for everything you normally need to do at the immigration office. That means you have to take your passport to the agency 4 times a year for the 90 days report. And then get it back. So where do you save time? And you pay for something that's free. And you pay a lot more for a simple 1 year extension which cost me 1900 baht/year, and which btw I can do in my sleep.

Your telling the story, why ask the questions? Agent assisted means just that and if your really concerned just  ask one what,s possible. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 6:53 PM, DrJack54 said:

Hell's bells...was not aware of that. Guess for folk living central Pattaya not a Biggie, but for some a pain in the....

if they dont live in Pattaya maybe Sriracha is a better option, thats the one I go to.

On 12/20/2019 at 4:58 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, which imm office do you apply for extensions? Return next day?

As Steve pointed out some things can be done online. In 7 years of extensions I have been to CW 7 times. Most recent one io did not want copy of my tm30. Anyway can be done online or via mail.

Reentry permits I don't even bother to obtain at CW as it's 10 minutes at airport.

You must love your golf to be that busy for this huge impact on life in order to live ongoing in a foreign country.

I go to Jomtien. Returning next to pickup passport is standard procedure at Jomtien.

Last year, one Austrian complained about not getting same day service. Next day he returned to get his passport, and then he really started to complain - he only got a 30 day extension.

• Sad 1

On 12/20/2019 at 6:53 PM, DrJack54 said:

Hell's bells...was not aware of that. Guess for folk living central Pattaya not a Biggie, but for some a pain in the....

The guy beside me said he drove 1 hour to come to the Jomtien office. He lives on the dark side of Pattaya - traffic was very heavy 7-8am.

Edited by Banana7

1 hour ago, Petchou said:

. 90 day financial report???

never heard of this.  What it is and since when?

It probably doesn't apply to you.  

90 day financial reporting (showing an updated bankbook with a balance of at least 800k to Immigration 90 days after receiving a retirement extension) only applies to people who use the 800k method for an extension based on retirement at Jomtien and three or four other Immigration Offices.  These four or five Immigration Offices have had the requirement for 800k retirement extensions made on or after March 1, 2019.

There is no 90 day bankbook/financial reporting at Chaeng Wattana, Chiang Mai, Phuket, nor several other Offices. 

4 hours ago, SEtonal said:

It probably doesn't apply to you.  

90 day financial reporting (showing an updated bankbook with a balance of at least 800k to Immigration 90 days after receiving a retirement extension) only applies to people who use the 800k method for an extension based on retirement at Jomtien and three or four other Immigration Offices.  These four or five Immigration Offices have had the requirement for 800k retirement extensions made on or after March 1, 2019.

There is no 90 day bankbook/financial reporting at Chaeng Wattana, Chiang Mai, Phuket, nor several other Offices. 

Thanks.  Does it mean that after receiving the extension, when doing 90 days reporting, people should show again their Bank book?  

58 minutes ago, Petchou said:

Thanks.  Does it mean that after receiving the extension, when doing 90 days reporting, people should show again their Bank book?  

No.  Reporting 90 days in the country and 90 days after a 800k retirement extension have nothing to do with each other and can occur days or weeks apart.  That is why the OP is complaining about having to make separate trips to Immigration.

On 12/23/2019 at 3:45 PM, Banana7 said:

The guy beside me said he drove 1 hour to come to the Jomtien office. He lives on the dark side of Pattaya - traffic was very heavy 7-8am.

He shoulda gone to Sriracha, every time ive been there its fairly quiet.

On 12/20/2019 at 4:44 PM, steve187 said:

as your retired, what else have you got to do

What a terrible attitude.

How about ANYTHING else besides wasting your time at immigration? 

Some people appreciate time, their most valuable asset. Every minute wasted dealing with the imbeciles at immigration is a minute they are never getting back.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dcnx said:

What a terrible attitude.

How about ANYTHING else besides wasting your time at immigration? 

Some people appreciate time, their most valuable asset. Every minute wasted dealing with the imbeciles at immigration is a minute they are never getting back.

its not wasting time its doing what is required to live in Thailand, so the terrible attitude is thinking that you can make the rules, as a guest there

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Don Mega said:

He shoulda gone to Sriracha, every time ive been there its fairly quiet.

I don't believe you are permitted to pick and choose which office you do your business at, more dependent on where you actually live. I live well to the north near Rhompo/ Nong Plalai and I was told this falls under Jomtiem. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I don't believe you are permitted to pick and choose which office you do your business at, more dependent on where you actually live. I live well to the north near Rhompo/ Nong Plalai and I was told this falls under Jomtiem. 

I was told if you live in the province of Chonburi you can use any Chonburi immigration.

I live in Nongprue and Sriracha have no issue giving me a residency certificate.

• Thanks 2

I can't understand why Banana7 has to do a "90 day financial report". I asked my local immigration office about this when I did my 90 day report on the 24th Dec. and they informed that I didn't have to do anything at the time and that I had kept the necessary Bt.800,000 in the bank for the required period was confirmed at my next visa extension.

5 minutes ago, stoutfella said:

I can't understand why Banana7 has to do a "90 day financial report". I asked my local immigration office about this when I did my 90 day report on the 24th Dec. and they informed that I didn't have to do anything at the time and that I had kept the necessary Bt.800,000 in the bank for the required period was confirmed at my next visa extension.

Because it is a different office than their office.

There is no official requirement for it.