Particulate matter still prevails over several areas

rooster59

Particulate matter still prevails over several areas

tewit kemtong

eb0a1b770774f7ea0a4b8ef5b2719e6d_small.jpg

BANGKOK(NNT) - PM 2.5 airborne dust still prevails over several parts of Bangkok, causing air pollution and affecting health.

According to the Department of Pollution Control, the PM 2.5 situation as reported by 47 stations in Bangkok and outlying areas, remains in a range of 27 - 71 micrograms per cubic meter, compared to the air standard of 50 micrograms per cubic meter.

Seven stations have found the particulate matter rising above the standard value, thus affecting health of some residents (in the orange area). People who reside in such areas have been advised to take good care of their health, reduce outdoor activity and closely follow the situation.

The PM 2.5 situation at 13 other stations is reportedly fine, and at 27 other stations is reportedly fair. Airborne dust which had earlier risen in Samut Sakhon province has now begun to fall.

nnd.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2019-12-22

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

PM 2.5 airborne dust still prevails over several parts of Bangkok, causing air pollution and affecting health.

The problem persists not only in Bangkok, it is dangerous throughout Thailand!
Here with us for example, we currently have what I call the "black rain period". Everyone who has the "luck" of living near sugar cane fields knows what I mean, the earth is burning around us!
How do you talk only and always about Bangkok?
Thailand is facing an air problem that is taking absolutely disastrous forms!
Look for a place in Thailand where you can still breathe clean and healthy air!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I lived in Thailand for over 25 years. The last poster hit the nail on the head. There is now nowhere in LOS now that has clean air and C Mai, where we last lived, is by far the worst. No longer just for a few months, but every damn day. Which is precisely why I relocated my Thai family to Oz six years ago - it had nothing to do with money or Visa woes, as I am financially good. We had a baby daughter and I wanted her to have a life. Upon arrival in Oz, I was diagnosed with a T1 cancer in my larynx, caused from breathing the toxic filth called "air" in LOS (I am a non-smoker). Months of radiation treatment saved me. The wife says she isn't going back, EVER ! Says she has got used to clean air and, so have I. Sad, really. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Aussiepeter said:

I lived in Thailand for over 25 years. The last poster hit the nail on the head. There is now nowhere in LOS now that has clean air and C Mai, where we last lived, is by far the worst. No longer just for a few months, but every damn day. Which is precisely why I relocated my Thai family to Oz six years ago - it had nothing to do with money or Visa woes, as I am financially good. We had a baby daughter and I wanted her to have a life. Upon arrival in Oz, I was diagnosed with a T1 cancer in my larynx, caused from breathing the toxic filth called "air" in LOS (I am a non-smoker). Months of radiation treatment saved me. The wife says she isn't going back, EVER ! Says she has got used to clean air and, so have I. Sad, really. 

Thanks you may have saved someone's life. What were your symptoms? And yes we are leaving Thailand for good as well after 27 years. Sadly it's only going to get worse. ????

• Sad 1