Marriage to a thai

bridge2bridge

45 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Step 1.....Throw all your money upwards and keep whatever sticks to the ceiling ????

If you can not give a positive reply.

Don't reply at all.

By the way my Thai Girl friend has all the money.

????????????????

46 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Step 1.....Throw all your money upwards and keep whatever sticks to the ceiling ????

OP, you have to admit that this is a lazy ass question in a forum that is full of advice. In addition, every embassy website will give you the details of what to do to marry a Thai citizen. It will depend on your nationality (which you didn't give) and the first step for you should be to read through your country's information before harassing people on TVF.

After that, you're free to ask genuine questions that relate to your specific situation. 

As for the visa, there is no specific visa for before marriage but after you're married, there will be several options once again depending on your individual situation.

Once you have all the documents sorted as per the list from your embassy, check with the amphur officials where you plan to marry for any additional requirements they may have over and above what you already have.

Some offices, I believe, require a certain amount of time in the country before they will do the paperwork.

Having been at a marriage this very day in Ubon Ratchathani, allow 2-3 hours for the form filling and interview with the senior official.

This was our friends' third attempt, the others were thwarted by the only official that could sign a Thai-Foreigner wedding being on leave or at a meeting, so call ahead to save a wasted journey.

19 minutes ago, rossco1 said:

Best option is not to do it but if must empty your bank account and live on love 

I tried that. I made love to the noodle soup lady... the lady at the local conveince store, the pharmacy.. etc etc. It worked for a while then I got tired.. 

Very straight forward.

Get an Non-Imm. O visa, easily done.

Go to your embassy and get an affirmation of freedom to marry.

Take the above to any regional office of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and get it translated.

Take the output from the previous step to the Amphur and get married.

Visit Immigration and extend your visa based on marriage.

Caveats:

Each Embassy has different requirements of their citizens regarding affirmations, you'll need to google yours to check and see what they want.

Each Amphur has different requirements and wants different documents, check with a couple of Amphurs to see what they require and what suits you.

6 hours ago, bridge2bridge said:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELPFUL REPLY.

NOT LIKE SOME SMART ASS REPLIES

What else do you expect, my Thai wife now arranged everything when I asked her to marry me.

Is your future wife not Thai then. 

OP some good information here use it research making sure

that you’ve researched countries requirements and also the 

Thai city / province requirements....

If it’s a village wedding you need the paperwork from the proper 

authority to be official. Same in U.S. yiu csn have a fancy party

but you need official documents for it to be legal.

What ever the situation is stay calm and think it through... kindness 

does help... 

Don’t let remarks frazzle you but make sure yiu read through the

post Incase they apply....

Best of luck to you and enjoy the holidays....

16 hours ago, bridge2bridge said:

Don't reply at all.

????????????????

well now she does ???? and it will end up that way also........ unless shes different. ????

12 hours ago, saengd said:

Very straight forward.

Get an Non-Imm. O visa, easily done.

Go to your embassy and get an affirmation of freedom to marry.

Take the above to any regional office of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and get it translated.

Take the output from the previous step to the Amphur and get married.

Visit Immigration and extend your visa based on marriage.

Caveats:

Each Embassy has different requirements of their citizens regarding affirmations, you'll need to google yours to check and see what they want.

Each Amphur has different requirements and wants different documents, check with a couple of Amphurs to see what they require and what suits you.

I got married on a tourist visa as I am sure many others have too.

18 hours ago, bridge2bridge said:

To live in Thailand after the marriage

so you are asking about what visa after the marriage, no mention of that in the op

after marriage go the savannakhet and obtain a multi entry non immigrant 'O' visa overnight stay required

Do the village wedding and stop at that. Stick to a small sin  sod just for show. In the eyes of the family your married. Anything that you can't but in your name don't buy. If this doesn't agree with your girl, you got yourself a gold digger. Than just move on. There are thirty million thai women. 

On 12/23/2019 at 2:26 PM, bridge2bridge said:

Don't reply at all.

????????????????

In which  case youll need a high  floor  condo with a low  balcony..........lighten  up

Archived