What are safest border points to enter Thailand from Malaysia by land

I know there's no guarantee anywhere but anyways what border points are considered as safeties options now and reported the least amount of entry rejections?

After spending last 3 months on a Tourist visa in Thailand i went to Kuala Lumpur and just got my second Tourist Visa. I'm staying here for another 5 days cos it's my first time in KL wanna explore the city and after that i'm planning to come back to Thailand by land.

I'll have cash, onward ticket from Thailand and proof of accommodation in Thailand. Appreciate any advice!

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

With your history any of them should be OK.

If you wanted to make a holiday out of it you could fly to Langkawi and take the ferry to Satun. https://www.langkawi-ferry.com/schedule-fare.html

Thank your for respond.

I'm planning to take a bus from KL to Hat Yai through the "Sadao Arrivals Border Post". Hope it goes well and they won't force me to comeback to my snowbound home country till spring :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Mob4 said:

Thank your for respond.

I'm planning to take a bus from KL to Hat Yai through the "Sadao Arrivals Border Post". Hope it goes well and they won't force me to comeback to my snowbound home country till spring :biggrin:

No worries with your history.

You would be able to try another entry point if they denied entry. They just tell you to go back to Malaysia.

9 minutes ago, Mob4 said:

Thank your for respond.

This is the busiest time you could possibly pick. At Sadao you can expect very long queues as there are many Malaysians heading into Thailand for Christmas & New Year. 

I have been threw all the crossings. Been sent back to Malasia also. A pain in the rear end. Took me a whole day to get Malasia to let me back in. All those crossings are about the same.

Edited by garyk

Personally I like Padang Besar which is easily accessible by comuter trains from Butterworth. Immigration procedures at the station are without any hassle. You can also leave the station via a pedestrian bridge and enter via the road border. But expect more crowds there.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nofarang said:

Personally I like Padang Besar which is easily accessible by comuter trains from Butterworth. Immigration procedures at the station are without any hassle. You can also leave the station via a pedestrian bridge and enter via the road border. But expect more crowds there.

There is no longer immigration for entry at the train station. You have to go to main entry point now and there have been a few reports them being difficult when entering the country.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mob4 said:Thank your for respond.

UJ says with your history you should be ok, however, just to be on the safe side, you should have 20K thb in your pocket, to show. If it is really busy, then they won’t bother. Since they were told to stop extorting money, they have been ok, just a little bit “by the book” thats all.

If you are coming from KL in a bus, then, really, the only option will be Sadao. PB is off the main highway, and mostly accessed by local traffic coming from Alor Star. You can take a train through PB, but you need to sit in an office, have your passport scrutinized and questioned. 

34 minutes ago, RloLigor said:

Are you sure about this? Can someone confirm please?

The Thailand immigration at the train station is only open a few hours before the Thai train leaves, i think once or twice a day. They sell train ticket as well.

Malaysia immigration is always open.

Did that a few months ago.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RloLigor said:
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no longer immigration for entry at the train station. 

Are you sure about this? Can someone confirm please?

There have been multiple reports to that effect. They seem to have discontinued clearing of immigration at the station shortly after the through trains between Thailand and Malaysia ceased.

59 minutes ago, freeman01 said:

The Thailand immigration at the train station is only open a few hours before the Thai train leaves, i think once or twice a day.

This would make sense. If one couldn't continue to Thailand by train, one would have to pass the other immigration checkpoint anyway. 

5 hours ago, RloLigor said:

This would make sense. If one couldn't continue to Thailand by train, one would have to pass the other immigration checkpoint anyway. 

Exactly, somehow missed the Thai train once and had to cross the actual border to get a van to Hat Yai and catch the next train.