Japanese man stabbed after resisting street robbery in downtown Bangkok

webfact

43 minutes ago, 30la said:

You can try to assure the public as much as you want if, in the end, however, you are not able to maintain order, beautiful words are not needed!
You have not yet realized that Thailand is sliding faster and faster towards crime, I compare Thailand today to Kenya 30 years ago!
You don't have a police force but only individuals who play cops, most of the time they are busy with other jobs!

Do you have any proof of your statements?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

The guy was an obvious target. Who on earth carries a back pack with 20k in it. 

Many years ago I was pickpocketed for about 16,000 Baht coming up the escalator off S'vit tube station. I'd been to the ATM the day before and taken out 20k Baht. As I was waiting to use the ATM I saw a guy wearing sunglasses maybe 30 meters away watching me. (There were filipino gangs operating in BKK at that time?!).

Luckily the previous night I'd put the ATM card back in the drawer.

Very much the kind of thing that we think will never happen to us. After saying that, the only time in 20-odd years.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Quite a few people. I've carried 800,000baht after getting £ exchanged into baht, in fact carried the Baht all the way to Trang on the train till I got to my bank. When lived in BKk and I went to an atm I would always take out 20,000baht at a time. I had a friend who would always go out with £1,000 in his wallet. Different people, different ways. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, legend49 said:

Not saying who is right here, but the government keeps bleating about alien safety and does sweet #### all about it.

Well the stats of incidents vs the number of visitors tends to back whoever makes those claims!

Edited by Just Weird

2 hours ago, 30la said:

in our countries the police are present and patrol on the streets, which in Thailand they don't even know things'!
I pass seven (7) police stations daily without seeing a policeman.

1. Wake up before it's too late

Even in countries with proactive policing, crimes occur,expecting the police to cover every street/soi 24/7 is impossible, not even North Korea does that

3 hours ago, 30la said:

You can try to assure the public as much as you want if, in the end, however, you are not able to maintain order, beautiful words are not needed!
You have not yet realized that Thailand is sliding faster and faster towards crime, I compare Thailand today to Kenya 30 years ago!
You don't have a police force but only individuals who play cops, most of the time they are busy with other jobs!

What crime free paradise did you come from?

3 hours ago, 30la said:

It seems to me that you have not really understood what Worgeordie means, in our countries the police are present and patrol on the streets, which in Thailand they don't even know things'!
Wake up before it's too late!

Are you kidding?  Where IS your magic crime free country where police are on patrol at 1:20 AM on small out of the way alleys?   Seriously?  Where the F are you FROM that has no freaking crime???????????????????????

Secondly, here is what he wrote: 

They always spring into action AFTER the fact.

regards Worgeordie"

That is pretty short and to the point, and I think you are struggling with how idiotic a statement that is ... I mean .., is the fire department parked in front of your place 24/7 ... or do they REACT to a fire once it starts?

I almost can not believe we are debating a concept so absurd!

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Well how could they have prevented the robbery in the first place, they do use a crystal ball to foretell crime

What about patrolling, instead of using so many Police on a road block,

or going to premises with the little red boxes,with a book which they sign...

for a price.

regards worgeordie

• Sad 1

Just now, worgeordie said:

What about patrolling, instead of using so many Police on a road block,

or going to premises with the little red boxes,with a book which they sign...

for a price.

regards worgeordie

Dude ... reading is fundamental.  This incident took place at 1:20 AM, on a very secluded area.  Are you going to keep whining about the fact there is not a policeman on every single street corner 24/7?  Here is where it gets funny.  If there WERE cops everywhere .. willing to bet you would be FIRST to cry "Police State!"  I have asked you several times, but never with a reply.  Where is the Farangatopia you come from without crime or any of the other problems that come in cities with over 10,000,000 people?

52 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Are you kidding?  Where IS your magic crime free country where police are on patrol at 1:20 AM on small out of the way alleys?   Seriously?  Where the F are you FROM that has no freaking crime???????????????????????

Secondly, here is what he wrote: 

They always spring into action AFTER the fact.

regards Worgeordie"

That is pretty short and to the point, and I think you are struggling with how idiotic a statement that is ... I mean .., is the fire department parked in front of your place 24/7 ... or do they REACT to a fire once it starts?

I almost can not believe we are debating a concept so absurd!

"Krissana assured the public that national police chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda took the matter seriously and promised fast action and swift justice." 

Acting swiftly AFTER it has happened , maybe because its a Japanese guy,you would never heard about if it was a Thai.

regards worgeordie

4 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"Krissana assured the public that national police chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda took the matter seriously and promised fast action and swift justice." 

Acting swiftly AFTER it has happened , maybe because its a Japanese guy,you would never heard about if it was a Thai.

regards worgeordie

For the love of God ... just STOP!  How can they "promise fast action and swift justice" BEFORE the crime?  Do you even live in Bangkok?????  and understand this area, and the impact this has on the Japanese community?

3 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Quite a few people. I've carried 800,000baht after getting £ exchanged into baht, in fact carried the Baht all the way to Trang on the train till I got to my bank. When lived in BKk and I went to an atm I would always take out 20,000baht at a time. I had a friend who would always go out with £1,000 in his wallet. Different people, different ways. 

And I just put 1.4 million baht in my back pack from 2 banks today and rode home.

45 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

For the love of God ... just STOP!  How can they "promise fast action and swift justice" BEFORE the crime?  Do you even live in Bangkok?????  and understand this area, and the impact this has on the Japanese community?

They cannot promise anything,I never said that,but if they had some of the police out

patrolling the streets, they could act as a deterrent, instead of so many collecting

money from roadblocks. 

The Government has plenty of money to buy weapons of war,but cannot find the money

to have police out on the streets to act as a deterrent and protect its citizens and foreigners,

one thing for sure crime on the streets is going to increase.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai caption: Cruel! Man from the land of raw fish stabbed in robbery

Don't know if this is supposed to be some funny joke on the media's part but it really comes across as insensitively rubbing salt in the wound. 

Could you imagine the "netizens" outcry if a Thai victim is referred in the news as "man from the land of pickled/rotten bait salads and transvestites"?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 30la said:

It seems to me that you have not really understood what Worgeordie means, in our countries the police are present and patrol on the streets, which in Thailand they don't even know things'!
Wake up before it's too late!

Why would you want to see police on the street all the time?  I guess In  Europe where you must be from they need to do this for all the muggings etc. and street crime even in quiet pretty tourist areas like Sitges SPAIN there are brutal muggings for your watch or I phone etc. There are ridiculous amounts of pick pockets in Europe too.  Yah In USA There are more guns but it’s quite rare for someone to be mugged in Times Sq or Central Boston etc. or pick pocketed.  Less police around the better! 

• Confused 1

I am distressed and feel bad for the man who got stabbed , but let's look at this from the muggers perspective before we pass judgment. 

what is a man to do? he is out trying to do his job and he gets resistance.  If he was to allowed this to persist , everyone will be doing it and the mugging industry would collapse. 

I am sure he did not want to do it, but a man got to do what a man got to do.:tongue:

Image result for futurama stabbing robot gif"

57 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

They cannot promise anything,I never said that,but if they had some of the police out

patrolling the streets, they could act as a deterrent, instead of so many collecting

money from roadblocks. 

The Government has plenty of money to buy weapons of war,but cannot find the money

to have police out on the streets to act as a deterrent and protect its citizens and foreigners,

one thing for sure crime on the streets is going to increase.

regards worgeordie

Well, you may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but you are persistent!  555! Perhaps this accounts for your staggering number of post here on Thai Hater Visa.  Of course, yes ... enough police to patrol EVERY soi and alley in one of the world's largest cities ... to prevent a crime that took a few minutes ... at 1:20 AM !!!!!!!!!!!!!  There is no reasoning with you ... so I guess I should acknowledge that nothing ... even the most obvious logic that even a 5 year old could grasp ... will get you to stop posting this ridiculous drivel.  I would like to thank you, however, for being the absolute perfect example of a Thai Hater Visa Hyper Poster ... because it proves to me, once again ... that it is my fault, for wasting my time, engaged in this low level conversation ... and it is up to me to do a better job in 2020 of finding a better use for my time.  My goal is to read the Thai Visa news .. but stop reading the pathetic responses to them.  In 9 years, I can count on one hand, the number of well written and thoughtful responses in which I found value.  So thank you, for being "you" and helping me kick the habit of reading TV responses, because generally speaking they are low brow, xenophobic, racist, mean spirited ... and in some cases ... absolutely stupid.

Edited by Guest
spelling error

10 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Me regularly, usually a lot more. What is your point? I deserved to get stabbed by someone who has no idea what is in my backpack?

BTW I travel in and out of Thailand regularly (monthly) so always have well over 20k baht (usually 60k plus equivalent) in Baht USD AUD and other currencies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

Yeah ... that is how it is everywhere in the world, ok ... except the part you come from where the police have psychic powers and know in advance where crimes will be committed.  You see, in the real world ...it goes like this (First: Crime) (Second: Police involvement) (Third: Enhanced Patrols)  Once again, except where you come from, where entire platoons stand at the ready ... guarding all 12,000,000 people, 24/7 ... 365 ... and there is absolutely NO crime!  What an amazing Farangatopia Please remind us .. where is this magical place?

Getting close. Minority report was a fantasy movie about that but from what I understand profiling people and predicting future behaviour is getting very darn close to it. Many write ups on the net if you choose to look. God help us when AI kicks in for real. Unfortunately it wont be a sudden thing initially (and then it will be suddenly), it will be like how CCTV has been dumbly accepted and how it is being used in China for scoring social credits. To take it to the extreme if Mum and Dad have too many parking/speeding/jay walking infringements then their kids cant go to a certain University.