Successful Retirement extension without international payment codes in Korat

I think that. You are right there but some of us are lucky in that what we normally wear is acceptable to Immigration.  Shirt, trousers, socks and shoes are all that CW requires. I was happy in this belief for ten years until I saw a notice in the office three visits ago and bought socks at a little shop there, I didn’t buy shoes so was a wally wearing socks with saddles! 

We can get wrong impression from reading this forum, very often what other people have experienced is not going to be our experience. 

• Like 2

A good friend of mine got his Marriage extension recently at the Rayong office without the requisite Int Transfers codes against his transfers, both he and I use OrbitRemit, at first they said no.

But he produced enough documentation to show transfers being made out of his Australian bank account and the required amount of baht going into his Thai bank account on the same day, to encourage them to take it to head office and they eventually approved it, so it's not impossible, just needs an IO with a reasonable attitude towards it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TerryLH said:

If it\s Bangkok Bank, the code is probably BTN.  That code shows it came from overseas.

Terry

BTN means Bahtnet and means the last leg of the transfer occurred via the Bank of Thailand Bahtnet "domestic transfer system" but Bahnet also interfaces with SWIFT.   Getting a credit advice would probably show below BOT Bahtnet SWIFT code for final leg of the transfer.

image.png.820e4160911720a47b9ce720e9f181ad.png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pib said:

BTN means Bahtnet and means the last leg of the transfer occurred via the Bank of Thailand Bahtnet "domestic transfer system" but Bahnet also interfaces with SWIFT.   Getting a credit advice would probably show below BOT Bahtnet SWIFT code for final leg of the transfer.

image.png.820e4160911720a47b9ce720e9f181ad.png

It’s Kasikorn and on the statements I download myself it says 'Domestic transfer' . On the statement that the bank prints out itself in the branch it simply says BNT,as does my bank book.12 MONTHS were printed out on the day (no notice) which was 200 baht..plus 100 baht for the letter. Fair price I’d say. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pungdo said:

A good friend of mine got his Marriage extension recently at the Rayong office without the requisite Int Transfers codes against his transfers, both he and I use OrbitRemit, at first they said no.

There have been several reports coming in of successful extensions without these, much coveted 'international' codes, including my own.

TransferWise clients, it seems, can only get them if they use Bangkok Bank and as many folks use a variety of other banks, (Krungsri in my case) Immigration really have no choice but to accept alternative methods of proof.

At Sakon Nakhon the IO accepted the TransferWise transaction slips which were married up to my bank deposits. He took no notice of the codes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pungdo said:

But he produced enough documentation to show transfers being made out of his Australian bank account and the required amount of baht going into his Thai bank account on the same day, to encourage them to take it to head office and they eventually approved it, so it's not impossible, just needs an IO with a reasonable attitude towards it.

AFAIK there is no requirement for foreign income validation for a marriage extension. A work permit and income in Thailand is permissible to anyone who is married to a Thai national if they meet the labour department criteria. The income can come from within Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1