Thailand vs Philippines

tomauasia

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

This thread can’t be right. Most posts rate PI, Vietnam, Cambodia and even Laos above Thailand in terms of both standard and cost of living. 

from what i have read, vietnam is up to snuff

on reliable electric supply, and i know laos is,

laos suck in other ways tho, notably the taxi mafia,

easily 3 times the cost in pattaya

17 hours ago, baansgr said:

Thai versus PI threads have been done to death....only advatgae I find in Thailand is availability of OTC drugs compared to needng a prescription in PI. Each to their own for whatever reasons.

It's not a comparison it's my personal situation. And just my thoughts..But thanks lol

I have been to Phil 45 times and owned a condo there. Both places have their benefits but there are some big ones here in Thailand. Internet and Infrastructure are far superior in Thailand. If you could swap the Thais for Filipinos (who are far more polite and warmer) you would have heaven but alas we can't have everything.

17 hours ago, brokenbone said:

continuous electricity ranks at the very top of my priorities,

so no phil for me

I have about the same amount of outages in CM and in the Philippines.  Of course, the Philippines has to deal with typhoons. 

24 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I have been to Phil 45 times and owned a condo there. Both places have their benefits but there are some big ones here in Thailand. Internet and Infrastructure are far superior in Thailand. If you could swap the Thais for Filipinos (who are far more polite and warmer) you would have heaven but alas we can't have everything.

Fair call.... Sir yes Sir. Thais <deleted>

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

If you could swap the Thais for Filipinos (who are far more polite and warmer) you would have heaven but alas we can't have everything.

I wouldn't say "swap" Thais for Filipinos but having been in the Philippines for only 3 weeks 6 years ago, I have 3 friends that still talk to me.

compare with having been in Thailand for the 6 years after that I would say I have zero close friends.

I am a quite friendly guy in general (everyone says that about themselves I guess?) and get along with people fine but I have never been approached once by normal people here.

I live by the beach and only non-locals go there (locals don't care about the beach) so the only people that ever shouted the usual nonsense at me (yes) are bar girls, gay guys and ladyboys.

all the normal girls and guys are too shy to initiate contact (and are tourists anyways).

at the local market it's the same, they stare and give me flirty looks but never had one say a word to me

I remember someone told me once that the best thing to do was getting a Filipino girlfriend and move her to Thailand, he might have been on to something.

2 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

In a nutshell food ánd intelligence Thais win a gold medal. 

I absolutely disagree,

Most of the Filipino girls i have encountered can make jokes and understand humour in English, watch and listen to the same movies and music as us, and discuss anything happening in the world you like.

Thai girls generally have no idea about anything outside of Thailand, and can barely speak or understand English, even if they studied for an English degree at University and passed with honours.

As for Thai food, loaded with sugar, MSG and chillis ..... barely edible IMHO.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I absolutely disagree,

Most of the Filipino girls i have encountered can make jokes and understand humour in English, watch and listen to the same movies and music as us, and discuss anything happening in the world you like.

Thai girls generally have no idea about anything outside of Thailand, and can barely speak or understand English, even if they studied for an English degree at University and passed with honours.

Fair enough but l lived in Thai 6 yeàrs. Your wrong way off. Everything made in Pi is rotten with sugar they are lost. Buy there peanut butter or anything. As for the girls there all the same. Thai 15 year old spoke perfect English to me BTS for directions. Pinoy schools pleàse. No better. No worse Asia. There produce is no good there food uneatable. Can't wait to go back. Complain about Baht who cares home time

6 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Fair enough but l lived in Thai 6 yeàrs. Your wrong way off. Everything made in Pi is rotten with sugar they are lost. Buy there peanut butter or anything. As for the girls there all the same. Thai 15 year old spoke perfect English to.mevst BTS for directions. Pinoy schools pleàse. No better. No worse Asia. There produce is no good there food uneatable. Can't wait to go back. Complain about Baht who cares home time

Your English appears to be as poor as a Thai girls English, so I understand you may not be able to judge the difference.

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I absolutely disagree,

Thats your experience, and truth is, there is plenty of university girls at phil who is far more educated than Thais. 

When I first arrived Thailand, my goal was not to solve world prolems with my gf. 

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Your English appears to be as bad as a Thai girls English, so I understand you may not be able to judge the difference.

No problem

You are wrong and haven't spent longer than a holiday here. Anybody that has stayed in the Philippines knows the foods bad. Your remarks don't bother me. Paper thin  lol

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I found this to be the case too, I used to date a Thai nurse that had Masters degree and she had great English skills (conversational anyways), one day I was playing this very stupid game and laughing at very bland dad jokes, she comes over and asks me why (here's the example)

image.png.06cf0ea5d7c7b0577bebcf09483b2f06.png

absolutely no idea what the joke was about, trying to explain made it worse, she got frustrated.

a while later, I sent them Filipino friend, she instantly got it

try watching something like Naked Gun, Airplane!, Monty Python or something similar with a Thai person and they will very likely only laugh at the physical gags, 90% of the rest will get nothing.

they don't seem to understand puns, plays on words, double entendre etc.

Archived