Useless Usufruct in Thailand

SoSoCNX

usufruct, see-tee-kep-kin, sidhi-kep-kin usufruit. nu-propriétaire, naked owner 

what ever you want to call it, is totally useless to an expat in Thailand with out being able to obtain Thai medical insurance. 

Because of new Thai immigration medical insurance requirements my friend will be forced out of his own retirement house in Thailand. No insurance will cover him because of his pre-existing condition and age. 

Options;

So far there is only one option, lease to a friend for 30 years. 

I would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some positive feedback 

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

not a very clear thread, no information as to what the problem is, or what office is involved

Sounds like butthurt over the new health insurance requirement....... not sure what that has to do with the Usefruct.

If married think be best change to a marriage extension asap.

You don't have to be too smart to see same requirements coming for an O Visa with retirement ext in near future.

The Elite is looking better each day.

I have O-A retirement  can't get quality health insurance for a  fair price, I keep good funds in term deposit for emergency.

Buy 20 year Elite lower funds for health.

This is a great place to live if you lucky enough to have a good Thai wife.

My wife not happy that 1 million her future money could be spent on a Visa.

Me I don't care I here anyway possible.

It's some single retires I feel sorry for when O visa has same conditions. 

While scenario made no sense from start that suggestion O-A Visa holders would default on paying medical Bill's and O Visa holders are no risk.

Anyway all that aside enjoy Thailand each day while possible and be positive and happy with the little lady.

????????????

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

It's like saying because he can't get health insurance his drivers license or motorbike is useless.

Not useless per se, but I wonder how I am going to renew mine if I no longer have an "non-immigrant" type visa when it comes up for renewal

Just hope Immigration will treat me kindly when I ask for a Residency Certificate on a tourist visa 

1 hour ago, Langsuan Man said:

Not useless per se, but I wonder how I am going to renew mine if I no longer have an "non-immigrant" type visa when it comes up for renewal

Just hope Immigration will treat me kindly when I ask for a Residency Certificate on a tourist visa 

I have an O-A, am unlikely to pass medical tests when my extension comes due, and also hold a usufruct on the house. If I were forced to leave there would be large parts of my current life that would be useless.

My point was, the type of tenancy agreement held is not what the posters complaint was really about, it's just an effect of the problem.

Usufructs are not useless, but if we have to leave the country many things will change.

Non O (Multi Entry) visas are valid for one year but the holder of the visa is required to leave Thailand every 90 days.

I see and understand to problem. Living the country every 90 days may by a problem for an elderly. Insurance companies do not like old people and even more if you have pre-existing medical condition.

Usufruct does not give you the right to sell but before death can transfer or lease for 30years to another person. 

Yes, Usufructs are useless! If you are still alive and have to live Thailand, You Loose a lot

On 12/27/2019 at 1:13 AM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

You don't have to be too smart to see same requirements coming for an O Visa with retirement ext in near future.

The general opinion over a couple of threads in the visa forum seems to be that is not the case.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend is on nonOA and will not pass medical insurance exam requirements. Living Thailand every 90days is not very good option. His ex is not willing to sell "his" house as she owns the land.

She told him " take your house with you", but she forgot that in addition to a Usefruct he registered Superficies.

Archived