Last trip lost my debit card AGAIN

18 hours ago, jimn said:

If I was you I would stay home in the good old USA mate. You are not only To Young To Retire but Too Young To Travel Alone. Best wait until you can get someone trustworthy to come with you and hold your hand and look after your money and debit/credit cards.

Very helpful ????

18 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Open a bank account at Kasikorn Bank. You can withdraw money from their ATM's using the "Cardless withdrawal" function. You just need a mobile phone with the K+ app installed. 

Looks like I cant

Qualifications
  • Individual of Thai nationality, age 65 years or older as of the deposit date, or the Depositor participating in the government’s welfare scheme

On 12/27/2019 at 11:28 PM, ToYoungToRetire said:

So to be clear I'm back in the USA, I looking to have a fool proof solution for my next trip. 

I called Bangkok bank and they wont open an account for me unless I have a Thai work permit. 

Last time i checked at Krungsri bank (often called the yellow bank) you can open a tourist account.

3 hours ago, ToYoungToRetire said:

Looks like I cant

Qualifications
  • Individual of Thai nationality, age 65 years or older as of the deposit date, or the Depositor participating in the government’s welfare scheme

That's not the requirements for opening a savings account. What you can do is try. Go to the local immigration office and get a Certificate of Residence and then visit Kasikorn Bank branches one by one. You might get lucky. There might be other banks with the "Cardless withdrawal" function. Maybe SCB or Krungsri. 

Edited by Max69xl

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

That's not the requirements for opening a savings account. What you can do is try. Go to the local immigration office and get a Certificate of Residence and then visit Kasikorn Bank branches one by one. You might get lucky. There might be other banks with the "Cardless withdrawal" function. Maybe SCB or Krungsri. 

Krungthai (Light Blue), GSB (Pink), Bangkok Bank (blue) and many other support cardless withdrawal!

The bigger Issue will be which bank will open an account for him. As it seems this becomes more and more difficult

Edited by HampiK

3 hours ago, HampiK said:

Krungthai (Light Blue), GSB (Pink), Bangkok Bank (blue) and many other support cardless withdrawal!

The bigger Issue will be which bank will open an account for him. As it seems this becomes more and more difficult

Bangkok Bank doesn't have cardless withdrawal.