Now is your chance to leave!!

Ventenio

5 hours ago, dcnx said:

Yea, you’re only surrounded by fire and other readings of 150+. Nothing to be concerned about.

605FCA90-9C9D-4C85-9F55-CD56641D58FB.jpeg

Out of curiosity what is the scale of the map you used? Probably the nearest on to me is the bottom hot spot and I have no idea where that would be other than the Mae Wong national park. It is 894 sq/km in area so where am I surrounded?

To give you some idea of scale Khampaeng Phet is 65 km to the north, Tak is about 110 km I think, Mae Sot (showing 157) is 180 km, Sukothai is over 100 km, so where am I surrounded?

Yes, it is a problem. However, there are always options in dealing with them. Leaving is one option. Staying with equipment that protects your health is another.

IMO Chiang Mai is not unique - most of SE Asia seems to be affected at one time or another.

32 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Out of curiosity what is the scale of the map you used? Probably the nearest on to me is the bottom hot spot and I have no idea where that would be other than the Mae Wong national park. It is 894 sq/km in area so where am I surrounded?

To give you some idea of scale Khampaeng Phet is 65 km to the north, Tak is about 110 km I think, Mae Sot (showing 157) is 180 km, Sukothai is over 100 km, so where am I surrounded?

Yea. Nothing worry. I'm sure those cartoonish red dots are just to scare people like u and me. Call me conspiracy theorist, but I bet Al Gore put them there. You're in the green bro. Good 2 go

• Like 1

3 hours ago, donnacha said:

Banning all car and air travel would reduce carbon emissions by less than 1%. Natural geothermal emissions (things like volcanic gasses) account for 80% of carbon.

I'm no expert, but would posit you might have your figures mixed up here. Volcanic release would surely be minimal as they are fleeting and few and far between compared with the sustained emissions from billions of people and ever-burgeoning industry. The issue in CM is all people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Don Chance said:

No way i would live in CM or BKK.  Krabi or south would be best.

I get a metallic taste in my mouth, feel bad, tight chest when it gets over 100 pm.

You may have serious underlying health issues. please don't ignore this..a bad heart or undetected respiratory problems present themselves in the same manner. Nodody I know in bkk has any issues like yours. Get tested mate

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, donnacha said:

Actually, the solutions being pushed by the governments and corporations who have commandeered the religion of climate change prevent the resolution of problems such as air pollution that are having a real, immediate impact on people's lives today.

Governments are thrilled to have a PR friendly excuse to place more taxes on new vehicles, but this keeps older vehicles on the roads for longer.

Restrictions on development, especially in less developed countries, suppress rising incomes, the one thing we know makes people more environmentally aware in their own communities - they reckon that people start to think more about stuff such as not burning plastics in their yards once their incomes rise to around USD $4K per year.

If you list the problems facing humanity in order of solvability / biggest bang for your buck, climate change is not even in the Top 20 of things we should be thinking about or committing resources too.

However, that does not play well with rich suburban moms in America because none of those Top 20 problems will ever affect their children.

More importantly, solving those other problems would require spending money, whereas ordering developing countries that halt or slow down their industrialization prevents competition and hands an immediate advantage to corporations in the developed world.

Where did you find this nonsense?  Very fuzzy thinking from cable news or the internet?

• Like 2