Advice on Condos needed

John Sutherland

25 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

I own with the missus in View Talay 2 - very nice and there are some gays here but it's certainly not a ghetto nor even remotely a 'problem' in any way- though pool swims sometimes look like we are under a zombie attack, but you could say the same for most blocks in the area. Rent before you (maybe) buy though - prices are going nowhere in the short to medium term except maybe down. 

I prefer the idea of a condo with no swimming pool to avoid those zombie attacks. To be fair though Soi Buakhao and many areas look the same

1 hour ago, URMySunshine said:

I own with the missus in View Talay 2 - very nice and there are some gays here but it's certainly not a ghetto nor even remotely a 'problem' in any way- though pool swims sometimes look like we are under a zombie attack, but you could say the same for most blocks in the area. Rent before you (maybe) buy though - prices are going nowhere in the short to medium term except maybe down. 

Will only be renting, would not buy here.  Unless there was a complete collapse in property prices.  Which by the looks of things is immanent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Sutherland said:

Will only be renting, would not buy here.  Unless there was a complete collapse in property prices.  Which by the looks of things is immanent.

Yes, but then you would be buying a place where no one wants to live, and I am not talking about the specific condo, I am talking about what surrounds it.

I like view Talay 1 and 2. Thinking of renting there myself, tho I only need a nice studio. Market next door, Tesco not far. Foodmart 5 mins away. Near the baht bus route. Quiet area for sleeping . I’m not sure of prices. Nice pool. C D’ale looks good too. The problem I have is finding a place tastefully furnished. Some are awful, and some so depressing old fashioned. Don’t think you get your average drunk raver in those two condos . 

32 minutes ago, geisha said:

I like view Talay 1 and 2. Thinking of renting there myself, tho I only need a nice studio. Market next door, Tesco not far. Foodmart 5 mins away. Near the baht bus route. Quiet area for sleeping . I’m not sure of prices. Nice pool. C D’ale looks good too. The problem I have is finding a place tastefully furnished. Some are awful, and some so depressing old fashioned. Don’t think you get your average drunk raver in those two condos . 

+1. i've rented in both vt1 and vt2. have to hunt around for the nicer studios though, some i viewed are in a right 2&8. plus points are the pool, facilities such as on site laundry, bars, restaurant (that deliver to room if needed) shops nearby, entertainment a short walk, baht bus route, high apartments quiet and have a good breeze through them. personally, i would consider them again if i needed.

noticed some were owned by bangkok residents to use as holiday homes.

Edited by jastheace

17 hours ago, John Sutherland said:

Don't hold your breath waiting!

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Good point, and didn't someone mention a certain group using a pool to wash their skivvies recently. 

one pool that has a lot of germs is the one at nirun condo

i took one look at it, there, were about 20 people in there, and said forget it

im a big fan of empty pools that are cleaned often and dont see a lot of action though

i also dont like crowds surrounding the pool watching my body the entire time. that being said, im in the latter half of life and aint in the best of shape ????

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It used to be best to buy a condo on the baht bus route, now i think it's better to buy away to avoid the AirBNB crowd and certain groups

Sure, but depending which big Thai company is the developer, baht bus routes can be added to and / or adjusted. 

23 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't think it's as easy as that. Which routes have been added recently for that reason?

If they have the influence to stop enforcement of daily rental, I am sure they can arrange some baht buses to detour on their route, or even buy a few baht buses, and just pay the drivers. 

The Base has something like 800 condo's.  If a project with that many condo's is just outside a baht bus route, you can bet some baht bus drivers will detour, simply because of the demand. 

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't think it's as easy as that. Which routes have been added recently for that reason?

they use in house shuttles into town rather then mess with baht buses. unixx is a great example, shuttles run all day.

baht buses are low class and dont work with high end condo transpo.

im fat and have man boobs (its old age) and dont like using the pools at these infinity pool nice condo places because the pretty people stare at me.

On 12/28/2019 at 12:01 PM, John Sutherland said:

Baan suan lauala

Old building , like all the others you mentioned, but at least it's family friendly, with 2 swimming pools, and a nice tropical park surrounding the area.   

If you want to avoid the late night traffic from the bar areas , this is a much better option. I lived there myself for 1 year and it was nice to wake up in the morning listening to bird songs instead of loud noise. 

I paid 7000 baht for a 40 sqm studio, but I think you can rent larger units as well. Electricity is government so not too expensive.   

baan-suan-lalana-condo-pattaya-593e33426

Edited by balo
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Do they run down Jontien Second now? I know they were trying to force that issue some years ago to serve the many condo buildings there. Some attempt to even make Beach Rd, Jomtiem one way, but a lot of resistance. 

• Like 1

The discussion on new and old properties, and particularly property values, that are on a baht bus route is interesting.

I don't mean to scaremonger, but, is there any guarantee baht buses will be around in the future, or a particular baht bus route will be still running in the future?

A property near a baht bus route is handy, but how much weight should one put on this when deciding to buy a particular property, especially retirees with current, or possibly future mobility issues.  

I really don't trust those in authority here when it comes to the stability of infrastructure, in this case, transport.   

I think you might need to avoid anywhere where the noise/vibration from the boom boom bass trucks that drive up and down all night can penetrate. I was staying halfway down soi 4 and felt I should be wearing a kidney belt.

On 1/4/2020 at 4:34 AM, balo said:

Old building , like all the others you mentioned, but at least it's family friendly, with 2 swimming pools, and a nice tropical park surrounding the area.   

If you want to avoid the late night traffic from the bar areas , this is a much better option. I lived there myself for 1 year and it was nice to wake up in the morning listening to bird songs instead of loud noise. 

I paid 7000 baht for a 40 sqm studio, but I think you can rent larger units as well. Electricity is government so not too expensive.   

baan-suan-lalana-condo-pattaya-593e33426

Thanks, this probably puts the Baan Suan to the top of the list. View Talay’s and Jontiem beach condo as back up.

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

I think you might need to avoid anywhere where the noise/vibration from the boom boom bass trucks that drive up and down all night can penetrate. I was staying halfway down soi 4 and felt I should be wearing a kidney belt.

Is there a main area these trucks go? Or do they just go anywhere?

6 hours ago, John Sutherland said:

Thanks, this probably puts the Baan Suan to the top of the list. View Talay’s and Jontiem beach condo as back up.

When I lived there mostly Russian neighbors and a few retired foreigners. You need to look around for the best units, some are in excellent shape with euro kitchen etc (9000 baht ++) , others are very basic rooms.