why is it so slow to get brain into gear

opalred

when you stop at lights/it takes time before they move /brain will i go or not ?

then there is a gap 3 or 4 car/ will i go or not?

the next one is annoying /when turning to left /to road or garage

they slow or stop on main road/ holding up traffic before turning /will i go or not ?

another is stopping on narrow streets holding up traffic looking at food stalls /will i go or not?

11 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Time for a break, op :whistling:

Whilst Thais are pretty naff at driving to be fair, the pausing at lights thing is actually quite logical... it allows the other directions' red-light-jumpers to clear through first. :wink:

Wrong. It's once the first have set off, the one's behind take forever to get going ???? 

They are obviously not as intelligent as the OP and the rest of the extraordinary gentlemen that make up the expat ranks in Thailand.

By the way, I was nominated for POTY , and I don't take my time making turns, in fact that's my slogan this year.

"Sirineou he doesn't waste time at traffic lights and intersections"

so take all of your TVF account, go to the POTY thread . Vote for me and vote often.  

8 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

They know they have time because it´s 30 or 40 seconds green. But at yellow they suddenly find their accelerator and know how to press it.

They also know how to hit the accelerator when the light is still red (a few seconds before it even turns green) 5555

4 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

Wrong. It's once the first have set off, the one's behind take forever to get going ???? 

They don't watch the light directly.  They're looking at their phone and with their peripheral vision notice that the car in front has moved.  Then they put down the phone and start moving.  At least that's what I see here in Las Vegas.

On 12/28/2019 at 12:35 PM, Bassosa said:

What's with the incredibly slow lefthand turns, like turning into a street.

At a snail's pace for some reason? 

Any reason?

Bikes have right of way up the inside.. Left turns you are passing through the right of way of vehicles which by law should under take you. 

Many farangs think they are in the right, when in fact the bike has right of way. 

Archived