Scuffles break out in Paris as pensions protesters, 'yellow vests' march

rooster59

9 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Of course it is perspective, however your talk of countries 'losing' productivity because people take vacation suggests you think we are all commodities to be exploited to the max. I don't want that me, my descendants or my fellow humans are thought of the way we think of dairy cows, simply there to be exploited in the most economically efficient manner possible. 

That 20% you say France loses in productivity equally equates to a percentage of the lives of American workers which are taken from them to allow a few very rich people to stuff their already overflowing mattresses with even more money. France doesn't lose anything in your analogy; the real losers are the American workers.

So why is macron  rocking the boat in France s utopian pension paradise? would,nt  be because they can,t afford it?

• Like 1

Just now, kingdong said:

So why is macron  rocking the boat in France s utopian pension paradise? would,nt  be because they can,t afford it?

This entire notion of not being able to afford things is beyond ridiculous. Priorities dictate who gets the jam and who goes without. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

This entire notion of not being able to afford things is beyond ridiculous. Priorities dictate who gets the jam and who goes without. 

Don,t know if you lived in Britain in the 80s but think you will find the working man is his own worst enemy,I note you did not address my point about what did Labour do for the working man?

7 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

He is merely following the same path our UK governments have been forging over the years - the difference being that the British public are spineless and weak; the French workers should be an inspiration to us all. Sadly, all we seem to do in the UK is to criticise our fellow man who stands up for his - and our - rights. 

But this thread is about the French, not the British that you so clearly detest.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

But this thread is about the French, not the British that you so clearly detest.

One or two of them I dislike, it is true, but self-loathing isn't my thing. 

This thread is about the steady and systematic erosion of workers' rights and the reactions of groups of workers in response. You may choose to focus solely on that reaction; I am equally as interested in the snide, limp responses from those who have already capitulated. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

120,000 premature deaths because of the unnecessary austerity measures imposed by the government as a response to bankers' excesses; record rises in food back usage and homelessness; 8 of the 10 poorest places in Europe situated in the UK - the working man may indeed tend to recklessness but the tories are far more dangerous to life. 

120,000 premature deaths? you,re not talking about the deaths in Blair's weapons of mass destruction wars are you?if not could you please elaborate.If Britain's such a desperate place seems strange theres 2.5 million eu citizens living here.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

He is merely following the same path our UK governments have been forging over the years - the difference being that the British public are spineless and weak; the French workers should be an inspiration to us all. Sadly, all we seem to do in the UK is to criticise our fellow man who stands up for his - and our - rights. 

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm deeply ashamed of the work I did, even though it paid a lot of money.

(UK government censorship and propaganda if you want to know)

There you are ruan  bit  hard being a working class hero with the likes of Brit man in the ranks,still i,m sure Brit  man is comfortably off with his government pension that's propped up by the ratepayers of britain,( wether they can afford it or not,and if they can,t they,'re put   in prison) still the working class are starting to rebel,the referendum vote was the start.

Edited by kingdong

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

So relative to Estonia and Latvia we are doing not bad? Personally, I would rather our aspirations were aimed higher than simply beating former Soviet satellites. But further down the article it confirms that, depending upon how you categorise it, the UK has 4 or 6 of the most deprived regions in Northern Europe. It concludes that the UK is the most unequal country of the 10 Northern European countries surveyed.

9 hours ago, kingdong said:

120,000 premature deaths? you,re not talking about the deaths in Blair's weapons of mass destruction wars are you?if not could you please elaborate.If Britain's such a desperate place seems strange theres 2.5 million eu citizens living here.

Austerity linked to 120,000 extra deaths in England

"Health and social care spending cuts since 2010 are linked to nearly 120,000 excess deaths in England, with the over 60s and care home residents most affected, finds new UCL research."