Round-the-clock safety measures for New Year holidays

snoop1130

Round-the-clock safety measures for New Year holidays

204f924febc58553f4d6f2e84aba348f_small.jpg

LAMPANG (NNT) - Officials are now working hard around the clock at checkpoints and service points to maintain safety and facilitate the general public during the New Year holidays in many locations across the country, 24 hours a day.

In Lampang, checkpoints and service points have been placed on main roads, especially on Highway No.11 Chiang Mai - Lampang section. The Provincial Police Region 5 Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Prachuap Wongsuk has met with working officials and volunteers to provide his moral support at a checkpoint in front of Hang Chat Provincial Police Station in Hang Chat district. He thanked them for the sacrifice of their personal time to work for the benefit of the general public, wishing them a happy new year.

In Krabi, Governor Pol Lt Gen Kittibodee Prawit has met with staff to thank them for their service at checkpoints in the province, including at Moo 6 village in Nuea Khlong district, in Thung Sai Thong district, in Lam Thap district, in front of Ban Phru Din Na police kiosk in Khlong Thom district, and in front of Koh Klang Provincial Police Station on Koh Lanta island. He urged on site officials to be on alert for drunk drivers, and asked for cooperation from local communities to prevent accidents.

In Nakhon Pathom, Vice Governor Khajornkiat Rakpanichmanee has met with officials at the checkpoints in Nakhon Chai Si, Sam Phran, and Phutthamonthon districts; they are working around the clock to assist the general public. He delivered drinking water, packaged food, and refreshments to the officials as moral support, and stressed the need for strict regulation to ensure all motorcycle riders wear helmets, strictly enforce the drink-don’t-drive policy, as well as encourage the general public to ensure proper maintenance of their vehicles.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2019-12-30

18 minutes ago, Chazar said:

total klaptrap, he'd  be  better off issuing  them with hammocks and blinkers

Already got them, they receive them in basic training!

The local police volunteers manning the checkpoint in our village have been asleep "round the clock"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

while the police are standing around at those fixed checkpoints the carnage is actually taking place on the roads by lunatics actually trying to drive - they just aren't getting it are they, yes checkpoints do serve a purpose when people decide it's ok to drink and drive but it does little to stop people committing the vast amount of violations  that contribute to deaths on Thai roads 

• Like 2

That´s just a lot of pure rubbish put into one news article: Here comes the reality!

I have been driving 2 times a day back and forth on motorbike due to that my children and wife is in the home village about 50 km away. Somebody have to check the house and take care of our 2 dogs, 1 cat and a rabbit. However, let´s get back to the checkpoints with highly efficient officials. ????

There are 5 of them on my way. This year I´ve been making a habit of stopping and saying hello to the poor people that have to work in these tents. At the same time a also get direct insight in how it actually works.

The first day a was sitting in the second checkpoint, when 2 mootrcycles with teenagers also drives in and stop for a while. Guess they wanted the free coffée. Anyway, nobody said anything to them dispite that they where travelling without helmets and 5 on one motorbike while 4 on the second. The highly efficient officials that are told to take care of these things they just laughed, gave them free coffée and waved them on their merry way.

The second day, and at the last of the checkpoints. Then I saw both a driver of a car and 2 people on a motorcycle that was so drunk that they hardly couldn´t walk from their veichles to a chair. The only thing they were told was to relax for an hour. 

As far as I can see, it can only mean two different realities. The first one is that the bosses are so lame that they can´t get respect enough to push the information through. The other one is, the most probable, that nobody care at all and just talks as usual.

As long as that goes on, they can all take their pretty little tents and push up their pretty little bums. Going out with this kind of news message is laughable.

During the time, we can all bite on this one: 

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 2

Knocked at my local Police post just up the road to complain about neighbour making charcoal for the last 4 nights,,[they are intransients ,maybe even sqautters as no one lives there] ,police man staggered to door ,reeking of alcohol,said it was too early -8am, would try to come round later.

Outraged of {better not put name].

On 12/30/2019 at 5:25 PM, snoop1130 said:

Officials are now working hard around the clock at checkpoints

Total nonsense.  Ventured to Big C Pattaya.  EIGHT hardworking 'officers' seated studying their phones, drawing overtime.  In the three minutes it took to pass them not ONE glanced at the road.

Last night, I went to a party.  Fearing bogus checkpoints and drunk drivers, I left before the witching hour.  The round trip was forty plus kilometres.  I did not see a single cop.  I did see three drunk/crazed/or Thai drivers weaving in and out of traffic at speeds I estimated to be 120 kph.

On 12/30/2019 at 5:38 PM, Chazar said:

No.......... NO  they arent all theyve done is  put up the usual useless   tents conveniently RIGHT OUTSIDE their  Police boxes so they dont have to go far from their slumber   and can watch the carnage  unfold in front of  them

I have passed through dozens in the last few days snd can confirm this to be true.