Texas church shooter wore wig and fake beard, says security head who shot him

webfact

10 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Wow first an insult about small willies now one about grammar. If not an American why do you care what goes on in my country? Imagine that a Brit trying to dictate to an American what to do. 

You mean like America tries to dictate to the rest of the world?

No dictation from us just observations, which you clearly feel uncomfortable with. We just sit back and observe the blood continuing to flow.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

You mean like America tries to dictate to the rest of the world?

No dictation from us just observations, which you clearly feel uncomfortable with. We just sit back and observe the blood continuing to flow.

We Brits can't lecture others until our knife problem is under control.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

We Brits can't lecture others until our knife problem is under control.

It's as nothing compared to the gun problem in the US. We are doing something about it. Mainly confined to black gangs in large urban areas, where Boris has promised an extra 30k police on the streets. Also tougher laws in the pipeline. Incidents of stop and search have gone through the roof.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:32 AM, mercman24 said:

so if these goody two shoe snowflakes had had their way, and no one was armed, this guy would have reloaded and killed a damn sight more in that church, well done that man,

No....If they not allow to wear Weapons in the Church and make check at the entrance, this never will be happend, Cowboy!

On 31 December 2019 at 8:21 AM, Nyezhov said:

Thank god for an armed trained citizen in a country that allows the helpless to fight back when confronted by evil.

And all it took to allow that to happen was a million or so deaths from gun violence in the last 30 years.

23 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

And all it took to allow that to happen was a million or so deaths from gun violence in the last 30 years.

you figure is inflated and you're absolutely right, it's taken years to get the politicians to quit trampling on the freedoms I'm a law-abiding American

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

If the snowflakes had their way the gunman wouldn't have had possesion of a gun in the first place. Only in America.

If your  nutty enough to want to  kill people there is always a  way..............look at London bridge, just run them down, couldnt be easier

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

No....If they not allow to wear Weapons in the Church and make check at the entrance, this never will be happend, Cowboy!

Nonsense theyd  just hang around waiting until the congregation  was  walking out

1 minute ago, Chazar said:

If your  nutty enough to want to  kill people there is always a  way..............look at London bridge, just run them down, couldnt be easier

If they'd been able to get hold of guns, a lot more woukd have died. Name a terrorist attack in the UK that involved guns.

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's as nothing compared to the gun problem in the US.

So you should take a closer look at Thailand; country in which there are 5 times more deaths by firearm than in the USA; of course in comparison with the number of inhabitants.

On 12/31/2019 at 8:21 AM, Nyezhov said:

Thank god for an armed trained citizen in a country that allows the helpless to fight back when confronted by evil.

This sounds surprising similar to the position of the NRA.  You a paid troll or just ???

24 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

So you should take a closer look at Thailand; country in which there are 5 times more deaths by firearm than in the USA; of course in comparison with the number of inhabitants.

Who mentioned Thailand. I was comparing USA to UK. I understand that your experience is of France where the gun laws are nowhere near strict enough, hence your terrorist attacks do involve guns. Bataclan Theatre, 90 killed in theatre alone. London Bridge terror attack 2019 (knives) 2 dead. London Bridge 2017 (vehicle and knives) 8 dead.

@Nyezhov will like this. During the 2017 attack One man fought the three attackers with his fists in the Black and Blue steakhouse, shouting "F*** you, I'm Millwall", giving members of the public who were in the restaurant the opportunity to run away.[27] He was stabbed eight times in the hands, chest and head. He underwent surgery at St Thomas' Hospital and was taken off the critical list on 4 June.

Not to mention the 2019 attack when the terrorist was brought down with a Narwhal tusk.

That's how we Brits deal with terrorists.

Edited by DannyCarlton

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Who mentioned Thailand. I was comparing USA to UK. I understand that your experience is of France where the gun laws are nowhere near strict enough, hence your terrorist attacks do involve guns. Bataclan Theatre, 90 killed in theatre alone. London Bridge terror attack 2019 (knives) 2 dead. London Bridge 2017 (vehicle and knives) 8 dead.

you forgot the attack on the promenade of Nice :sad:

France is very far from me ;

I'm living in Thailand since nearly 15 years ;

I never came back to France ..

As we are on thaivisa, it's normal, I think, we can compare what arrives in USA and Thailand .

Edited by Assurancetourix

11 minutes ago, notrub said:

This sounds surprising similar to the position of the NRA.  You a paid troll or just ???

Yes, its great to be right. I love it when organizations agree with me.

As to the troll comment...so silly you are. You must be one of those unhappy folks:cheesy:. I got 2 votes for POTY, and one was me, how many did you get?

14 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

@Nyezhov will like this. During the 2017 attack One man fought the three attackers with his fists in the Black and Blue steakhouse, shouting "F*** you, I'm Millwall", giving

Dude I remember reading about that, what a swelling of pride for the basic heroism of a Millwall Yob.

No one likes us, No one likes us
No one likes us, We don't care
We are Millwall
Super Millwall
We are Millwall from The Den

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 9:32 AM, mercman24 said:

so if these goody two shoe snowflakes had had their way, and no one was armed, this guy would have reloaded and killed a damn sight more in that church, well done that man,

If everybody had at least one concealed gun, there would be zero gun violence I tell ya! Zero! Because God gave Americans the right to bear arms to fight the devil. It was God ya know! Keep yer guns close and yer bibles closer!

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2019 at 8:07 AM, webfact said:

The victims of Sunday's shooting, identified as Anton Wallace, 64, of Fort Worth and Richard White, 67, of River Oaks, were also members of the security force at West Freeway Church of Christ, the state's attorney general said...

… Wilson and White began "drawing our weapons. Richard did get his gun out of the holster. He was, I think, able to get a shot off, but it ended up going into the wall. The shooter had turned and shot him and then shot Tony and then started to turn to go towards the front of the auditorium," Wilson told NBC.

So, the only ones who got shot were two of the three armed security force members.  Three dead in total, and all of them carrying guns.  Doesn't sound like good odds to me.  And what if Richard's shot had have hit a churchgoer, rather than, or while on its way to, the wall?  He obviously had no control over the direction the bullet took.  Talk about a bunch of cowboys.  I just wonder where Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday were?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ballpoint said:

So, the only ones who got shot were two of the three armed security force members

Thats what the warrior does. If necessary, he gives his life. Notice how the criminal had to deal with armed adversaries before he went to SLAUGHTER innocent UNARMED people who couldnt fight back. And he lost.

Would you have preferred some granny or child to have gotten it too? First maybe? Or maybe they should have done nothing or not have even been allowed to carry?

3 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

what if

well here we dont have what ifs. We dont have speculation. We have the cold hard fact: a stone cold criminal walked into a house of god with a ubiquitous everday shotgun INTENDING TO SLAUGHTER men, women and children, breaking every law of man and god, and he was fortunately stopped by armed citizens WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES to protect others.

Gave their lives. And you have the audacity to compare them to "Cowboys and Indians".

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Yep, certainly was me distorting the issue and trying to blame the Democrats and members of their party to deflect away from the culpability of the arms industry. 

Certainly was you inferring MAGA on my part.  No great fan here.  And certainly was a legitimate flow of conversation that the proliferation of so called assault weapons is partially due to the fear many have of more bans.  Which are all called for by democrats.  But hey, don't see yourself objectively it's all good.

Cheers

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats what the warrior does. If necessary, he gives his life. Notice how the criminal had to deal with armed adversaries before he went to SLAUGHTER innocent UNARMED people who couldnt fight back. And he lost.

Would you have preferred some granny or child to have gotten it too? First maybe? Or maybe they should have done nothing or not have even been allowed to carry?

well here we dont have what ifs. We dont have speculation. We have the cold hard fact: a stone cold criminal walked into a house of god with a ubiquitous everday shotgun INTENDING TO SLAUGHTER men, women and children, breaking every law of man and god, and he was fortunately stopped by armed citizens WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES to protect others.

Gave their lives. And you have the audacity to compare them to "Cowboys and Indians".

I never mentioned Indians.  They have more sense.  A man, who by the admission of the guy who shot him, was being watched due to his suspicious appearance and actions, was able to raise a shotgun from wherever he had concealed it (I'm assuming he was concealing it, and even in Texas you can't just walk into a church openly carrying a shotgun at the ready), and shoot two of the armed security detail - one of whom never got a shot off, while the best the other could do was to fire one shot in his general direction, before finally being shot by a third security team member.  Even the one who kept his cool took his time making the shot, and I suspect things would have gone differently had he been the first one targeted and shot by the criminal. 

Now, I'm going to get challenged as to whether I could have done what this "warrior" did, but that's not the point.  I'm not the one who volunteered to carry a gun in a church as a deterrent to criminals, but it would seem to me that, should it really be necessary to have such people, then it would be far better to have professionals who spread out and stay calm under pressure, not giving a man with a shotgun the time to raise it, target and shoot an armed man, swing to the next target and shoot another armed man before a third man manages to take a shot at him.  And that's all ignoring the obvious question, given that the assailant was obviously wearing a wig and fake beard and acting suspiciously, why wasn't he challenged as he entered the church in the first place?

5 minutes ago, jimmybcool said:

Certainly was you inferring MAGA on my part.  No great fan here.  And certainly was a legitimate flow of conversation that the proliferation of so called assault weapons is partially due to the fear many have of more bans.  Which are all called for by democrats.  But hey, don't see yourself objectively it's all good.

Cheers

I’ve all along said it’s obviously me blaming the Democrats, those unscrupulous exploiters of misery, and their attempts to blame the arms industry for the evil done by their product (a product perfectly designed for the evil done by them). 

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I’ve all along said it’s obviously me blaming the Democrats, those unscrupulous exploiters of misery, and their attempts to blame the arms industry for the evil done by their product (a product perfectly designed for the evil done by them). 

It's OK.  Snark works.  Almost as well as placing someone who posts something you apparently don't like into a category of set features.  Then insulting them.  And yes, I consider being classed as a MAGA wearing sheep an insult.  But I'll get over it.  No biggie.

2 minutes ago, jimmybcool said:

It's OK.  Snark works.  Almost as well as placing someone who posts something you apparently don't like into a category of set features.  Then insulting them.  And yes, I consider being classed as a MAGA wearing sheep an insult.  But I'll get over it.  No biggie.

Good to know

Edited by Bluespunk

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second

You guys who watch Fox News should be aware that DT has at least 2 stands on nearly every issue: one especially for you guys, the other statements for the rest of the coverage, which he will tell you guys is fake news.  This is a shining example.  If Obama had said the same exact thing the NRA would have put up billboards about it all over the country. 

Sitting with a group of Democrats and Republicans, including some who are backed by the NRA, Trump made what sounded like an extraordinary break with the powerful gun-rights organization.  He accused lawmakers of being so "petrified" by the NRA that they have not been willing to take even small steps on gun control.

"They have great power over you people," Trump said.  "They have less power over me."

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/03/trump_on_disarming_citizens_take_the_guns_first_go_through_due_process_second.html

Or will you dare to accuse americanthinker.com a left-wing radical website? 

I did some cursory searching on this and could not verify if Fox reported this.

DT should show his support for 2nd Amendment rights by allowing firearms to be carried at his rallies.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:02 AM, ballpoint said:

I never mentioned Indians.  They have more sense.  A man, who by the admission of the guy who shot him, was being watched due to his suspicious appearance and actions, was able to raise a shotgun from wherever he had concealed it (I'm assuming he was concealing it, and even in Texas you can't just walk into a church openly carrying a shotgun at the ready), and shoot two of the armed security detail - one of whom never got a shot off, while the best the other could do was to fire one shot in his general direction, before finally being shot by a third security team member.  Even the one who kept his cool took his time making the shot, and I suspect things would have gone differently had he been the first one targeted and shot by the criminal. 

Now, I'm going to get challenged as to whether I could have done what this "warrior" did, but that's not the point.  I'm not the one who volunteered to carry a gun in a church as a deterrent to criminals, but it would seem to me that, should it really be necessary to have such people, then it would be far better to have professionals who spread out and stay calm under pressure, not giving a man with a shotgun the time to raise it, target and shoot an armed man, swing to the next target and shoot another armed man before a third man manages to take a shot at him.  And that's all ignoring the obvious question, given that the assailant was obviously wearing a wig and fake beard and acting suspiciously, why wasn't he challenged as he entered the church in the first place?

Just curious where you are getting your so called facts, they aren't matching anyone else?

On 12/31/2019 at 8:43 AM, DannyCarlton said:

If the snowflakes had their way the gunman wouldn't have had possesion of a gun in the first place. Only in America.

Most ridiculous thing I've read lately, you do realize that these guys often don't go through legal channels to get firearms. Only the uninformed.