Expat private health insurance recommendation

StevieDee

Hi,

Would be grateful if any members can recommend a good company/companies for the above.

Am 58 year old Brit, residing in Thailand and wanting a reputable company that offers private hospital treatment.

I understand there are many options of cover available which I will decide which one suits me best.

Just that I have seen many advertised who all seem much of a muchness hence my request for a fellow member's recommendation.

Many thanks

I looked at a few companies in July past, and was reasonably happy with what Pacific Cross seemed to be offering (not the now compulsory policies).

I did not proceed with anything as they advised against, as I may or may not be here more than 6 out of 12months, part of all Thai based policies T&Cs it would seem.

PC were very quick in answering, and helpful.

My preferred company currently is Pacific Cross, usually you get a group discount of 15% to start with (so check your broker gets that), then 20% off for no outpatient cover, 25% off if 40,000 baht deductible.

They have a reputation of increasing premiums if you claim though

Edited by scubascuba3

I read that some people have problem with Pacific cross when they must go hospital weekends or check out weekends because their claims service doesn’t respond at weekends.  I just read it in several places. 
another thing is if you are not in Thailand more than 6 month in one year , you’d Policy will be invalidated  with PC according to their terms & conditions 

Edited by kiever

6 hours ago, kiever said:

I read that some people have problem with Pacific cross when they must go hospital weekends or check out weekends because their claims service doesn’t respond at weekends.  I just read it in several places. 
another thing is if you are not in Thailand more than 6 month in one year , you’d Policy will be invalidated  with PC according to their terms & conditions 

If someone is not in Thailand more than 6 months travel insurance is usually better and cheaper

• Like 2

• 1 month later...