PHOTOS: After the break, it's back to the grind

webfact

After the break, it's back to the grind

By THE NATION

800_af01c67b706448c.jpg?v=1577934873

Traffic slowly returned to Bangkok's streets on Thursday (January 2), after a quiet week, as city folks resumed their normal lifestyle after the New Year holidays.

Some office staff were already back at work either in their personal cars or public transport, while parents were up early to take their kids to schools. Although the traffic on Thursday is not as bad as usual, as many are having an extended holiday and are yet to return, Bangkok is expected to return to its normal congestion only next week.

11.jpg

12.jpg

5D3_3203.jpg

5D3_3607.jpg

9.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

5D3_3134.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380051

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-02

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was very little sign that people were returning to work this morning in Bowin.

I had to drive to Bowin from Pattaya early ( 7 am ) this morning. On both routes 3420 and 331 there was very little traffic, where usually both roads are really busy at this time of day with Factory workers racing to clock into their shift art 8 am.

I guess the 7 deadly days are more likely to be 12 or so, as many have taken an extra 2 days ( Thurs ,Fri ) holiday.

I would like to see the road kill figures published for the weekend, as many will be travelling those days to return to their jobs on monday.

19 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

There was very little sign that people were returning to work this morning in Bowin.

I had to drive to Bowin from Pattaya early ( 7 am ) this morning. On both routes 3420 and 331 there was very little traffic, where usually both roads are really busy at this time of day with Factory workers racing to clock into their shift art 8 am.

I guess the 7 deadly days are more likely to be 12 or so, as many have taken an extra 2 days ( Thurs ,Fri ) holiday.

I would like to see the road kill figures published for the weekend, as many will be travelling those days to return to their jobs on monday.

Should be zero as those are not 'dangerous days'.

• Haha 2