Video: Boy knocked down by car in housing estate - driver hands over 500 baht and leaves

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/3/2020 at 11:26 AM, webfact said:

Video: Boy knocked down by car in housing estate - driver hands over 500 baht and leaves

Did the driver think the boy was Chinese?

Otherwise why hand over 500 Baht and some leaves. The driver must have assumed the boy was a giant panda.

On 1/3/2020 at 3:19 PM, H1w4yR1da said:

Take a guess. Silly cow was obviously on her phone. Slow braking reaction also.

I read the clip differently. I was just thinking how quickly she braked after impact, as if she indeed saw the boy and expected him to move. And braked immediately after she hit him. The typical game of chicken many Thai drivers seem to play whenever I cross a road here. When someone actually slows down or chooses a different path to avoid hitting me, I’m so surprised and grateful I give a thumbs-up or a wai. 

100% the driver fault.

the 500thb voluntary "fine" paid to the kids seem to be totally in line with the police fines of drunk driving, driving without licence, etc.

the kid parents should bare some responsibility too, a street is never the playground, although nor a permit to hit anyone.

i feel the kid parents only ground to complain that no "wai" was offered with the money for the kid. 

"wai" settlement is big part of local crime solving/forgiveness.

On 1/4/2020 at 9:16 AM, Chazar said:

Thats nonsense kids  playing in streets  regularly get mown  down worldwide, they are for vehicles, how difficult is it  to comprehend, playgrounds and gardens are for  kids...............  Ive  no idea , like you, what the speed  limit is  in that  moobahn gated or  not its a road. In more civilised countries of course there are "sidewalks/pavements" where its  MUCH safer

Sorry but your dead wrong in this case. Its in a gated village. You never lived in one, I am currently living in one. Kids play on those roads all the time. They are totally different from normal roads. They are made to go really slow and are not a true road as you have outside of gated villages. 

Archived