KBank not opening new accounts for non-Asean people unless on A-O (Retirement)?

45 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Several condo owners are not staying long term in Thailand. They come once or twice a year on visa exempts or tourist visas,and they have thai bank accounts. If you already have an account at K-Bank, what's the reason you want to open another one?  

I have my reasons for opening another account - which are personal.  You need to read my posts fully - I have previously said that it can depend on which branch you go to or indeed which person you speak to at that branch. That has always been my experience before but this seems like a real change - the girl actually showed me the rules on her smartphone and my girlfriend confirmed what it said.

22 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I have my reasons for opening another account - which are personal.  You need to read my posts fully - I have previously said that it can depend on which branch you go to or indeed which person you speak to at that branch. That has always been my experience before but this seems like a real change - the girl actually showed me the rules on her smartphone and my girlfriend confirmed what it said.

The requirements the girl showed you for opening an account using her smartphone were the old requirements from before March - April 2019 (I'm not sure of the exact date). I read the requirements in February 2019. For a foreigner it was passport + wp or passport + retirement visa and 10,000 baht deposit. Then I checked again later last year, and everything about foreigners were gone and still is. 

According to the "new" official requirements, only Thai nationals can open an account at K-Bank,that includes a simple savings account.

But,as you say, it's still possible to open an account when retired, at least at branches where they haven't got a clue about the new requirements from 2019.

Here's the link to K-Bank and their accounts. See for yourself.

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/personal/Account/Pages/savings.aspx

On 1/4/2020 at 10:04 AM, silver sea said:

I agree with EricTh: just go to a different bank and open an account there. With internet banking you can transfer money between accounts, even if they are different companies. No fee. No running around. Easy peasy. You can do it on your iPad, while the wifey is frying up your breakfast.

I live in Hua Hin and use the banks in the basement of Bluport. The only one that was difficult was Bangkok Bank: they wanted a Certificate of Residence from Immigration, which would have cost 500 baht so I took my business elsewhere.

It makes sense to open another account with another company anyway, because later this year (August),all Thai banks will be reducing their liability to clients, were the company to go bust, to 1,000,000 baht per account holder (not account).

61647AAD-B479-45B3-8FC0-01143FCC5FDB.jpeg

"The only one that was difficult was Bangkok Bank: they wanted a Certificate of Residence from Immigration, which would have cost 500 baht so I took my business elsewhere."

500 BHT to receive it the next day.

Free to receive it 7 or 8 days later.

2 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

"The only one that was difficult was Bangkok Bank: they wanted a Certificate of Residence from Immigration, which would have cost 500 baht so I took my business elsewhere."

500 BHT to receive it the next day.

Free to receive it 7 or 8 days later.

"I agree with EricTh: just go to a different bank and open an account there." 

Just go to another bank sounds a bit naive. You don't seem to understand that the requirements did change at several banks last year. And if people can't afford 500 baht for a Certificate of Residence, they should stop complaining when they get rejected. A bank account is worth more than that.