PHOTOS: Shoppers come to terms with Thailand's ban on plastic bags

5 hours ago, jimn said:

Adapting now thats funny. I will tell you how we solved the no plastic bag problem. Well we bring our own strong reusable bags thats what. Those with some cool bags purchased on Lazada and problem solved. These people bringing a wheelbarrow and sacks shows they havn't got the brains to work out what they need to do. Signs have been up in the shops for months now, there is absolutely no excuse for not being prepared.

I can't stop my wife buying bottled water - it really pisses me off. Even with a water jug in the bedroom she keeps a plastic bottle on her side of the bed to save walking across the room to pour water into a glass.

My son has a steel flask for school and fills it there at the water cooler... I stopped her collecting the bottles for recycling, I think she works hard to get more plastic for recycling to earn more cashback.

She warned me about bags last week, I reminded her that I've been carrying re-usable (freebies she picks up from her job/banks/insurance etc) bags for a while to stop my bag storage basket from filling up. The trouble is that I need those bags for putting in my wet trash - the alternative would be that I have to buy trash bags and I don't see how that's an improvement.

Fact is that the trash collectors do plenty of recycling...

17 hours ago, ben2talk said:

I can't stop my wife buying bottled water - it really pisses me off. Even with a water jug in the bedroom she keeps a plastic bottle on her side of the bed to save walking across the room to pour water into a glass.

I stopped her collecting the bottles for recycling, I think she works hard to get more plastic for recycling to earn more cashback.

She warned me about bags last week, I reminded her that I've been carrying re-usable (freebies she picks up from her job/banks/insurance etc) bags for a while to stop my bag storage basket from filling up. The trouble is that I need those bags for putting in my wet trash - the alternative would be that I have to buy trash bags and I don't see how that's an improvement.

We have a water cooler downstairs but I always have a plastic bottle of water by the bed. I also need one when I go to the gym. Nothing wrong with plastic bottles, its how people dispose of them thats the problem. Collecting botles for cashback a waste of time unless you are extremely poor. Buy some garden bags, dont be a cheapskate.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jimn said:

Collecting botles for cashback a waste of time unless you are extremely poor.

In the space of ten years the purchase price of plastic bottles and ordinary plastic has dropped considerably.
Plastic bottles were bought around 20 baht per kg 10 years ago; today it's down to 6 baht ..
Even if you are very poor, you must now collect more than three times more  than ten years ago to have the same amount ..

aluminum cans were bought for 40 baht per kg; today it's 18 baht per kg

1 minute ago, Assurancetourix said:

In the space of ten years the purchase price of plastic bottles and ordinary plastic has dropped considerably.
Plastic bottles were bought around 20 baht per kg 10 years ago; today it's down to 6 baht ..
Even if you are very poor, you must now collect more than three times more  than ten years ago to have the same amount ..

aluminum cans were bought for 40 baht per kg; today it's 18 baht per kg

Yes as I said a complete waste of time.

On 1/4/2020 at 2:38 PM, Vacuum said:

z5.jpg

Everything hebought is wrapped in plastic. How much damage would a couple of plastic bags make?

All the crisp bags would probably end up on the side of roads/sois.

Thats the stupid part about it.No more plastic bag so we can save the world but nearly everything you buy is wrapped in plastic.If the Gov.was serious about it they would ban ALL plastic and plastic wrappers.

On 1/4/2020 at 4:42 PM, jimn said:

Ok next time I will place my bags in a wheelbarrow to wheel them to my car so I can place them in the boot. Then wonder how I can get my wheelbarrow in there as well with all the shopping. Lol. Enough said I think

It all depends on how close you live to a 7/11.

16 hours ago, wavodavo said:

Thats the stupid part about it.No more plastic bag so we can save the world but nearly everything you buy is wrapped in plastic.If the Gov.was serious about it they would ban ALL plastic and plastic wrappers.

Things can't be changed overnight. Reducing reliance on plastic carrier bags is a good start. More changes will (hopefully) come later.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.

(Proceed cautiously or gently to achieve an objective.)

• Like 1