American brings in group of 50 for Thai marriage

snoop1130

I think @Yinn would say something like "up to him", which is technically true.   I agree that if they have been together for 15 years, a house is not a complete waste.  He intends to spend the rest of his life with his partner.

Wonder what happened to the sin sod money though....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Like 1

12 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

doesn't say much for his entrepreneurial skills then does it. But if they have known each other for 15 years, then he certainly knows what he is getting into. Good Luck and hopefully a happy life together.

That is quite easy to say...

..life happens..

The day before the procession, the couple visited Dok Lamduan Festival in Si Sa Ket. As an engagement gift, Steve offered a house on 12 rai of land in Si Sa Ket province.

The dowry included Bt2 million in cash and 5 baht of gold...

Velly cheap!

Welcome to Sisaket.

Welcome to Sisaket.jpg

3 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The dowry included Bt2 million in cash and 5 baht of gold...

Velly cheap!

Welcome to Sisaket.

Think they threw in the city and the Mayors job for that price! :goof:

Cheep Charlie..5 baht of gold is about 120k Thai baht. So only about 2.12 million was given. ????Went to a local weeding some time back where the mug I mean groom gave his honey in the neighborhood a dowry of some 10 million???? and then spent another 10 million on a house build.???? The wedding party alone was about a million and it was a humdinger and yes I was there.????

On 1/3/2020 at 8:58 PM, Barry343 said:

The dowry included Bt2 million in cash and 5 baht of gold. A house on 12 rai of land in Si Sa Ket province. Would force the family to make sure the wedding went ahead.

Absolutely agree. Why he needed a dowry is beyond me. The woman was 40 years old. At that age no dowry is needed. As for the woman's family, they should be grateful their daughter found another man who was willing to marry her at her age. It's doubtful a Thai man would do it unless she was rich and had her own business for him to milk. 

• Like 1