U.S. says 'terminated' top Iran general to thwart attack on Americans

rooster59

1 hour ago, gaikhao said:

Nonsensical statement. It's like complaining about the lack of Zeppelin service between Germany and the USA.  You should ask  Kuwaitis if Gulf War I was a success.  Hint: they are Kuwaitis, not Iraqis now. Next time you see a South Korean, ask the person if they think the UN mandated  police action was worth it, or if they would prefer to be slave labour of the north.

You are advocating that the USA cower and allow a tyrannical brutal regime to do as it please. The murderer who's demise you are bemoaning was responsible for untold suffering and more importantly, was targeting US nationals. The Iranians just got a wake up call. I was watching the Tehran parade on al-jazeera yesterday and was amused to see two floats pass, each labeled "Down with Israel", Down with  USA" go by. Seriously, who writes that type of sh*t? That's the mentality of the ayotollahs and you expect the USA to keep  letting these wackos walk all over them?  The Iranians have been directing attacks against the US in Iraq for years and refused multiple requests to stop. Now they have been told again.  let the Iranians try something. Bring it on.

Since the war against ISIS/ISIL started until the time the US declared an economic war against Iran, how many Americans have been killed by Iran or the militias they control?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Calach said:

2 days ago most of them didn't have the slightest clue who Soleimani was and it will just take them 24 hours of Fox News reports and politicians' declarations to learn to hate him and rejoice at his assassination,

Was the assassination target actually was AbuMahdi al-Muhandis who lead the assault of the US Embassy and Soleimani was the collateral killing. Trump has no clue who Soleimani was when he was interviewed some years back and yet he claimed that Soleimani was targeted a long time ago. Now the WH has to scramble to made up the reasons. They have being pressured by Congress to show evidence which I doubt they have, 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Why not just deny entry (to Europe and U.S.) to anyone from the Middle East, and move out all the non-believers ? They seem to be doing a wonderful job of wiping each other out without any outside help ????

MMM... great idea... toss out everyone who doesn’t believe in the nailed god.... sounds like the basis for a state run by religious zealots and assorted nut jobs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calach said:

America is the only country that went directly from barbarism to decadence without civilisation in between.

2 days ago most of them didn't have the slightest clue who Soleimani was and it will just take them 24 hours of Fox News reports and politicians' declarations to learn to hate him and rejoice at his assassination, even if the whole Iranian situation is without a doubt entirely Trump's fault and if the Iranian general, though far from being a saint, probably did more against terrorism and to defeat ISIS than most nations who claim to abhorre it. 

Trump Iranian policy has been a total failure since he tore apart the nuclear deal and notified the world that American signature didn't mean squat. This is the decision of a frustrated kid who throws the chessboard off the table and shoots his opponent dead because he is losing the game. 

U part of the Soleimani fan club?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Mmm... or so the liars in the White House claim, and yet it seems that the only attack that was carried out, was the one that was plotted by the generals of those divided states.... logically then , in retaliation for assassinating the man seen as the number two in Iran, Iranian forces should now seek to assasinate the Vice President. Would american citizens see such an attack worthy of a call to war? And would they then blame Iran for causing the war?

Too cheap

By Dexter FilkinsSeptember 23, 2013 Qassem Suleimani is the Iranian operative who has been reshaping the Middle East.

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gaikhao said:

Nonsensical statement. It's like complaining about the lack of Zeppelin service between Germany and the USA.  You should ask  Kuwaitis if Gulf War I was a success.  Hint: they are Kuwaitis, not Iraqis now. Next time you see a South Korean, ask the person if they think the UN mandated  police action was worth it, or if they would prefer to be slave labour of the north.

You are advocating that the USA cower and allow a tyrannical brutal regime to do as it please. The murderer who's demise you are bemoaning was responsible for untold suffering and more importantly, was targeting US nationals. The Iranians just got a wake up call. I was watching the Tehran parade on al-jazeera yesterday and was amused to see two floats pass, each labeled "Down with Israel", Down with  USA" go by. Seriously, who writes that type of sh*t? That's the mentality of the ayotollahs and you expect the USA to keep  letting these wackos walk all over them?  The Iranians have been directing attacks against the US in Iraq for years and refused multiple requests to stop. Now they have been told again.  let the Iranians try something. Bring it on.

Utter ramblings of a madman. Is your last name Bolton?

Edited by spidermike007
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Was the assassination target actually was AbuMahdi al-Muhandis who lead the assault of the US Embassy and Soleimani was the collateral killing. Trump has no clue who Soleimani was when he was interviewed some years back and yet he claimed that Soleimani was targeted a long time ago. Now the WH has to scramble to made up the reasons. They have being pressured by Congress to show evidence which I doubt they have, 

I read a good article in the (I believe The Post from Briton) yesterday. The SAS had a hit team sent to take him out. Due to the fact he was targeting and killing the British soldiers. They had him in their sites and was read to take him out but some one from the labor partie stopped them. Was around 2012.

That's to bad, if they had let the SAS do it then we would not be having this discussion today.

Edited by allen303

1 hour ago, Boon Mee said:

The TDS is over the top in this thread. 

Trump could cure cancer and some of y'all would moan and complain he's putting doctors out of business. 

BTW, putting terrorists out of business is job #1 for the best President America has had since Reagan. 

He is a terrible person but he let us all know that long time ago. I hate his supporters very much. How can you call that TDS?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, allen303 said:

I read a good article in the (I believe The Post from Briton) yesterday. The SAS had a hit team sent to take him out. Due to the fact he was targeting and killing the British soldiers. They had him in their sites and was read to take him out but some one from the labor partie stopped them. Was around 2012.

That's to bad, if they had let the SAS do it then we would not be having this discussion today.

Maybe still fighting against IS instead....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

U.S. says 'terminated' top Iran general to thwart attack on Americans

Yes indeed, because there will be no one else to replace him in iran,it will make them want nuclear weapons even less,  and because the Iranians will not want to retaliate. Which is what this waste of skin president of ours wants, He couldn't care less about American lives and all he cares about is getting re-elected so he can stay out of jail. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bernie Sanders and one of his Dem congressman stooges called Ro Khanna are planning to introduce a bill

to curb Trumps power....this coming from a guy who's running against trump.

Apart from some symbolic virtue signalling to the leftie base how on earth do these two dimwits ever see this being signed into law....beggars belief how bitter and twisted the Dems have become. Last gasp of a dying fish.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Seeing through all the fog now, the USA and Iran are finally after decades of foreplay fully at war. No not an old fashioned war but war nonetheless. 45's order crossed that line.

I guess no more gormeh sabzi for me. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Bernie Sanders and one of his Dem congressman stooges called Ro Khanna are planning to introduce a bill

to curb Trumps power....this coming from a guy who's running against trump.

Apart from some symbolic virtue signalling to the leftie base how on earth do these two dimwits ever see this being signed into law....beggars belief how bitter and twisted the Dems have become. Last gasp of a dying fish.

Better virtue signaling than vice signaling. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1