Family of three escapes injury as papaya pickup hits tree

rooster59

Family of three escapes injury as papaya pickup hits tree

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1578110968_1-org.jpg

The back-right tyre blew out, sending the pickup fully loaded with papayas onto the traffic island and slamming into a palm tree. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A man and his wife and son escaped serious injury this morning when a tyre blew out on their pickup truck loaded with papayas, sending the pickup onto the central reservation and slamming into a palm tree on Thepkrasattri Rd early this morning (Jan 4).

Lt Phattakorn Phongphaiboon of the Thalang Police said he was notified of the accident at 4:15am.

Police and rescue workers from the Kusoldharm Foundation arrived at the scene, in front of Muang Thalang School, to find the black Nissan Navara pickup, registered in Srisaket, with heavy damage to its front and other parts.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/family-of-three-escapes-injury-as-papaya-pickup-hits-tree-74242.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-01-04

Standard method of inflating tyres in LoS....pump it up until the tyre is rock hard and then whack it with end of the air hose on the tyre so it makes a tonk tonk noise.....death awaits you soon after.

One of the first things I bought was my own tyre guage after I saw what the clowns at the gas stations were doing. That 200 baht probably saved my life many times over.

• Like 1

Papaya pick ups driven in a Banana republic...

1 large Papaya weighs 2 Kilos at least. 500 Papayas  weigh 1,000 kilos. = one Metric tonne.

Max payload for an Izuzu 4/4 pick up is 1,282 Kgs. I would guess there was a lot more than 500 Papayas. One layer of Papayas I guess at 200 to 300 and then stack them 15 to 20 high.....

Around 3,500 Papayas... that's 3 times the limit for the truck...!!!

So you then get flat looking tyres and you pump them up too look normal shape....

Btw - I know I need to get out more..................

• Haha 2

Expats in Thailand are so incredibly compassionate and respectful of their guest country that  except for  RJRS1301 none of them  had a king compassionate comment for the poor family that just had their lives turned upside down, but all they could think is how to bad mouth them. And how much smarter they are. 

And then they wonder why Thais don't like them anymore. 

Bet it wasnt overloaded  at  all!!  like  none of the  ones round  by me daily racing up phetkasem raod in the outside land hogging it for  kilometres refusing to  keep  left.....some even race  each other, frequently see them overturned with pineapples  all over the road

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

Expats in Thailand are so incredibly compassionate and respectful of their guest country that  except for  RJRS1301 none of them  had a king compassionate comment for the poor family that just had their lives turned upside down, but all they could think is how to bad mouth them. And how much smarter they are. 

And then they wonder why Thais don't like them anymore. 

Maybe because that could  have been me  they killed with their gross negligence.

I  live in a rural area and see this  daily, jacked up springs extra  fat tyres (often barely with tread) doing 100kph in the outside lane too afraid  to change lanes as their overweight trucks can barely  handle a change of direction...............watch them as they  pull  off at traffic  lights with the excess weight see sawing up and down as they lurhc their way thu the gears belching clouds of  black smoke form the tune up in their race ready overweight death traps.............no way they can stop in any emergency

• Like 1