New Suv In Thailand: Chevrolet Savage

its not the savage, its the chevi captiva.

has more dashboard controls and will be cheaper than crv - but dont forget about resale value.

once you leave the garage with your brand new chevi you already lost 50 percent.

just sold my 5 years old crv and still got 50 percent of the price back in 2002.

overall though the captiva is worth a look - check it out at the current motor show.

car is available in 3 months.

Edited by danone

> has more dashboard controls and will be cheaper than crv

> - but dont forget about resale value.

Shouldn't that be phrased as "you can forget about resale value" ? :o

> once you leave the garage with your brand new chevi you already lost 50 percent.

And rightly so, they're rebadged Daewoos. Their dealer staff actually LIE about them being American built. Of course if they would sell their cars for considerably cheaper than Hondas, Toyotas then I could be fooled into thinking they're a serious business.. BUt chances are it'll be priced similar to a CRV.. so ... sorry but no cigar I'd say.

And don't forget GM's history in Thailand... The misfortunate souls ending up buying their Opel cars...

Bring your bargepole.

Edited by chanchao

> once you leave the garage with your brand new chevi you already lost 50 percent.

And rightly so, they're rebadged Daewoos. Their dealer staff actually LIE about them being American built. Of course if they would sell their cars for considerably cheaper than Hondas, Toyotas then I could be fooled into thinking they're a serious business.. BUt chances are it'll be priced similar to a CRV.. so ... sorry but no cigar I'd say.

in australia those daewoo captiva are branded as holdens ...

1.3 million starting price. Nice ride!

jeez - if it's priced _that_ close to the new CR-V - fuhgettaboutit.

I read some initial test that had pretty mixed results - some good things some bad. But at that price, get an excellent CR-V for 100k more and be done with it. no contest.

or a pimped up fortuner - different class of car though.

> > 1.3 million starting price. Nice ride!

> jeez - if it's priced _that_ close to the new CR-V - fuhgettaboutit.

Heh, I KNEW it!!!

At least with their pick-up model it's technically part for part the same as the Isuzu, so no shortage on places to have it serviced.. For their rebadged Daewoos though... Idonthinkso!

1.3 million starting price. Nice ride!

That's odd - I thought it was 1.15m starting point for the front-wheel drive version (and 1.45m for the 4WD).

Don't know if that's the 5 or 7 seater version though. Also, I thought one of the engines available was diesel. Although I don't know if it will be available immediately.

It has two points there that has me thinking about it - diesel and 7 seats - that are the reason we were looking at a Fortuner recently rather than the CRV.

Edited by bkk_mike