The blue “Remark” stamp apply for all Embassys?

I’m really curious about this. 
Does anyone know if having the “Remark: The holder of this passport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in the refusal of a visa in the future.” stamp in your passport after getting a visa in savannakhet forbid you from applying for another tourist visa only at that specific consulate in savannakhet? Or does it apply for all consulates in other countries, more specifically, if you go back to your home country and apply for an METV there and they see the remark? Would it be better to just apply for a new passport and start fresh with no visas? I’m thinking since the METV is $200 I could just get a new passport and not worry about it rather than apply for the METV, they see the stamp and then deny my application and I lose out on the $200.

Edited by acenase

There’s no definitive answer as it’s a moving target these days. Other consular offices in the region might ignore the stamp. 

You’d probably be okay applying in your home country. 

A new passport would sort the problem.

Since you go back home anyway, you should change the passport. 

Since you were given a blue stamp, there is something in your current passport that doesn't look that great (stretching stays, extending, too many Thai stickers etc), that will perhaps raise eyebrows at Thai immigration and perhaps other Immigration (yes, Hong Kong Immigration was wondering at some point why do I have so many Thai visa stickers).

Better start fresh.

Ignore "it's in the computer" comments. Yes, it's in the computer, but not on the primary screen apart from the last entry or two as far as I am aware. With all their "biometrics".

And anyway, even if it was, less Thai stickers look better than many Thai stickers, wherever you might go.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, lkv said:

Ignore "it's in the computer" comments. Yes, it's in the computer, but not on the primary screen apart from the last entry or two as far as I am aware. With all their "biometrics".

How many past entries into Thailand do IO's see on their screen at the airport when they scan your passport? Is it true that they can only see two previous entries into the country?

Edited by bbi1