19 Rohingya abscond from detention centre

webfact

19 Rohingya abscond from detention centre

By The Nation

800_6fa93a90de13b05.jpg?v=1578470820

Police were notified at 8 am on Wednesday (January 8 ) that a group of 19 male Rohingya had escaped from Songkhla Immigration detention centre, said Police Colonel Phongphan Saengsanga, director of Sadao Police Station.

5(8917).jpg

The escapees were said to have used a cloth rope to desend from the third floor of the building after dismantling an iron-grilled window at around 4 am. 

6(7810).jpg

Police, military and administration officials were mobilised and have since recaptured one of escapees with a broken leg, while others were likely to have fled across the Thai-Malaysian border.

Police sniffer dogs have been deployed in the border area within a 5km radius from the detention centre.

2(12682).jpg

The Rohingya are victims of trafficking and were to be returned to their country of origin.

A similar incident happened two years ago.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380280

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-08

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police, military and administration officials were mobilised and have since recaptured one of escapees with a broken leg, while others were likely to have fled across the Thai-Malaysian border.

If past history is any indication, it's also possible they're buried in mass graves somewhere near the Thai-Malaysian border.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

I don’t think they are criminals, just running away from persecution.

Oh, you got me all wrong there. I did not maen the rohingya that run away was criminals.

I was just making a parallell to that if they can´t hold people in a detention centre, then they can probably not do their jobs to make the prisons secure either.

3 hours ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

They are victims not criminals

I will refer to post #10

Never posted that they were criminals. I posted "all the criminals is also". That´s different if you understand what you read.

Edited by Matzzon

46 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Don't take any notice of this poster he is full of hate

You to do not understand what you read. For the last time. I never wrote they were criminals.

Now you can move on and continue have a happy christmas all year around.

28 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

yes and I have not to worry about visas and I never mentioned criminals.

Ok, explain what you meant with your comment then. Why would you compare it with full of hate, if it wasn´t something that triggered that?

What have visas to do with this, and who said anything about problem with them?

On 1/10/2020 at 12:54 AM, ChipButty said:

I've never understood why Thai's want to detain them they dont want to be here hand them over to a muslim country of their choice I bet thats no fun for them in that IDC place

........but even the muslim countries in the area dont wan`t to touch them with a 10 foot pole.