PTT retail unit set to join Thai corporate giants vying for Tesco's Asia business - sources

snoop1130

2 hours ago, superal said:

Surin area , Tesco Lotus use to stock some UK items e.g. Bisto gravy granules , English breakfast tea bags etc  but are no longer stocked and are not being reordered by Tesco from the UK as their future may be short lived in Thailand . OK if you are in the cities and can get your favourites but in smaller towns and having taken for granted that you can buy for example a decent cuppa , only to end up with Hobsons choice of Lyptons tea bags , I will not bother .  Off to Pattaya for a stock up I suppose .

I've been doing that for about 2 years now to get stuff I can't get where I live

1 hour ago, grumpy 4680 said:

I am surprised that Tesco are even considering selling, as sales in Thailand I thought were very good, I'm sure many Brits will be dissapointed with the loss, maybe its smaller shops that need to go, However, is it the Thai baht, the gproblem.

Do Tesco want to sell their business here, or do various entities within  Thai commerce want to buy it?

There is a difference, as an Australian gold mining company may testify.

Those consortiums interested are very "influential" which may help with any proposals...

And with the Baht strong, it may be a good time to buy!

Archived