Line at the Immigration...

funcat

4 hours ago, roo860 said:

Went last Tuesday at 10.30am, needed to do 90 day report (rejected online), people were queing outside the building. I walked through the door to 90 day section, handed form in and was out in 15mins.

Don’t you have to get a ticket first? Those beginning with Nxxx

8 minutes ago, piewarmer said:

I have seen a farang shouting and throwing chairs TWICE at CM Immigration, maybe the same guy.... different visits

Would be Red Flagged immediately after first visit

not  the same guy????

As a relatively poor UK pensioner I will suggest that anyone who has problems over B100,000 in 10 years should not be here in the first place.

When I did my first visa on retirement I had to show B800.000 in my bank account on the day I applied, then some folks cheated the system and we went to B800K for 3 months before application date, now with even more cheaters we are on B800K for 2 months before, then same amount for next 3 followed by B400K for rest of year.

Yes some folk should go be long gone.

john

• Like 2

On 1/11/2020 at 12:28 PM, jonwilly said:

I have watch folks upset annoy Thai Immigration Police officers who are only doing their duty.

Many frangs have no idea of how to address people doing an official job.

The mentality of Fighting City Hall is induced into some folk.

I stopped doing my own visas/90 day reporting the year Thailand and the surrounding Asian countries accepted each others nationals. 

This was when the numbers attending immigration went through the roof.

I have done and could do my own paperwork but at my age I do not need the hassle and discomfort of standing/sitting around immigration in CM.

Paying professionals who know their job is my easy way of life, one of the reasons I chose to live in Thailand.

john

You call it professionalism some call it bribery, but hey, whatever works for you. ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonwilly said:

As a relatively poor UK pensioner I will suggest that anyone who has problems over B100,000 in 10 years should not be here in the first place.

When I did my first visa on retirement I had to show B800.000 in my bank account on the day I applied, then some folks cheated the system and we went to B800K for 3 months before application date, now with even more cheaters we are on B800K for 2 months before, then same amount for next 3 followed by B400K for rest of year.

Yes some folk should go be long gone.

john

Because of all these people trying to game the immigration rules, immigration is making it tougher for honest retirees.

Sooner or later, immigration will impose health insurance on all retirees and impose stricter requirements.

2 hours ago, jonwilly said:

And I don't have any money in any banks for any time, yet I've been here for the past two and a half years (in 90 day chunks).

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

Because of all these people trying to game the immigration rules, immigration is making it tougher for honest retirees.

Sooner or later, immigration will impose health insurance on all retirees and impose stricter requirements.

And rightly so, Health insurance should be mandatory for all visas at all ages.

• Sad 3

10 minutes ago, stillhereandlovinit said:

Let's start with compulsory special Thai only insurance (400k/40k) policies for all visitors to Thailand.

30 day waiver and tourist VISA included.

Edited by BritManToo

18 minutes ago, stillhereandlovinit said:

I hope you get relocated close to your government job location in Bangkok very soon.

You might also check insurance available for people 85 years old and older.  Since they can not get any, do you just snuff them?

On 1/12/2020 at 9:05 AM, roo860 said:

Went last Tuesday at 10.30am, needed to do 90 day report (rejected online), people were queing outside the building. I walked through the door to 90 day section, handed form in and was out in 15mins.

Strange....  I could almost swear that you needed to approach the very front counter to obtain a queue before you could even go to the 90 Day counter.

On 1/12/2020 at 1:52 PM, roo860 said:

Yes you do, was given number 74, 71 was called as I sat down.

Then how can you say you went right up to the 90 Day counter and handed them your paperwork?

Ahhhhhh  just like 80% of the posts here on TV, total BS!!!

2 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Strange....  I could almost swear that you needed to approach the very front counter to obtain a queue before you could even go to the 90 Day counter.

My mistake, walked up to the counter that said 90 day, girl looked at my form, gave me ticket number 74, was out in 15mins.

On 1/12/2020 at 2:24 PM, scorecard said:

On the first 2 sentences.

The worst I've heard of, from a close friend, at Pattaya city hall. 

Suddenly a farang in running shorts and no top comes in with his very young gf in tow scantily dressed.

He arrived and approached the first officer in his sights demanding loudly that he wanted a Thai ID and now. Several officers and customers tried to explain to him that Thai ID cards are not issued at that office.

He then started to kick and damage office furniture and became abusive to everybody around him and his gf also abusing people and he was insisting he would not leave until he got a Thai ID card.

The police arrived soon after and quickly put both in handcuffs and into a police vehicle.

Ah, the joys of cheap air travel.

Perhaps that could have been avoided if he had been refused entry to the Kingdom for being a <deleted> head, but possibly he looked more tidy when he arrived.

Wonder if the GF was a farang as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah, the joys of cheap air travel.

Perhaps that could have been avoided if he had been refused entry to the Kingdom for being a <deleted> head, but possibly he looked more tidy when he arrived.

Wonder if the GF was a farang as well.

Good points.

I was told the gf was a Thai bar girl with a fould mouth.